Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raddoc Click here to enlarge
    I am still ready to race an 856 (cough) awhp w.4
    Make it happen Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If somebody in Alberta gets the w4 package and is willing to run with me I will let u know. ~850whp is good for high 130s trap at 4000+ DA.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Make it happen Click here to enlarge
    780whp at sea level. This run at ~4000 DA. street tires. pump gas. This is best of 2 runs. Fuel tank 2/3 full.

If W-4 E63 is putting out 856 wheel horsepower they should have no difficulty posting a significantly better time slip - with unlimited runs. Surely they have done a quarter mile run in their W-4 e63 by now. Consider this an open challenge.

Let the truth prevail

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey sticky, I'm trying to race Weistec W4 from thousands of miles away but they are not accepting my challenge. I emailed and got no response - they are aware. I cannot drive to California for this nor can they drive up to Edmonton so the only way to do this is with time slips. Weistec has the advantage being at sea level, I'm at 2200ft. They also have the advantage of more horsepower since Im running a 780whp tune. Being a tuning company and having a Target to beat is also a huge advantage. Im posting a timeslip from today, we had 2700 DA at Castrol raceway. For any company claiming 800 or more horsepower to the wheels on E63, this would be a benchmark to test those claims.

Can you use your Weistec connection to convince them to beat me in a race? Thx

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raddoc Click here to enlarge
    Hey sticky, I'm trying to race Weistec W4 from thousands of miles away but they are not accepting my challenge. I emailed and got no response - they are aware. I cannot drive to California for this nor can they drive up to Edmonton so the only way to do this is with time slips. Weistec has the advantage being at sea level, I'm at 2200ft. They also have the advantage of more horsepower since Im running a 780whp tune. Being a tuning company and having a Target to beat is also a huge advantage. Im posting a timeslip from today, we had 2700 DA at Castrol raceway. For any company claiming 800 or more horsepower to the wheels on E63, this would be a benchmark to test those claims.

Can you use your Weistec connection to convince them to beat me in a race? Thx
    Well I think you know as well as I do that comparing slips in different conditions is not apples to apples but I understand your position.

I've spoken to Weistec and they are happy to come out to a track day. The only problem would be getting you there.

What were the full specs on your run?
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It was a problem to get a W4 car at my track but that didn't stop me from going there and posting a time slip. We are at 2200 feet elevation.

Superflow dyno at sea level showed 780whp. The trap speed doesn't care what turbos I have or what boost I'm running to reach 780whp - it is a reflection of the cars power on that day. I have 71mm turbos vs 76mm w4 units. I have a second ECU that runs 880whp, requires higher octane.

Michelin 4s tires, 255/35/19 all 4 corners.
    Spare tire removed, otherwise full weight. My next idea for weight reduction is to reduce my own body weight.
    3800+ DA I ran 10.7 @135.5
    2709 DA I ran 10.48 @137.2 with better launch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well I think you know as well as I do that comparing slips in different conditions is not apples to apples but I understand your position.

I've spoken to Weistec and they are happy to come out to a track day. The only problem would be getting you there.

What were the full specs on your run?
    Can you let us know what date they plan on going to the track? If we don't hear back after that date we will know. thx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It's looking like weistec has chickened out. My advice to anyone looking to spend big dollars on performance upgrades is to beware the advertised dyno numbers - they mean little in the absence of independently verified real world performance data. I've done what I can to demonstrate what performance numbers we should expect for 780whp on our platform. So that anyone else who claims similar or more horsepower has a benchmark to meet in order to give it credibility - this is the kind of information that is lacking on our cars.

on w3 turbos and factory exhaust, same track, outside temps mid 40s fahrenheit, I ran 11.4-11.5, 122-124 mph in the same car. A tad slower than my friends totally stock 2018 E63.

In the near future I hope to show you what kind of numbers to expect with ~880whp, street tires

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Today I ran with 1030 horsepower - time slip attached. 3300 DA. To put the conditions into perspective, there was a stock McLaren 570s that ran a best trap speed of 130 miles per hour. Stock 2018 E63 run a best trap speed of 122. Same day same track. You can imagine what sea level would have been like.

The staff intercepted and told me I had to slow down, that I could not run that fast. 1st 1/8 mile traction control light flashing and cutting power, ET suffered. It wasn't a launching tissue, it was entire first half of the run. I did not do more runs to attempt better ET because of the warning I received. In any case I proved my point:

There is no such thing as a 1000 horsepower Weistec E63. This whole thread is based on a lie.

Click here to enlarge

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345