Close

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    140,480
    Rep Points
    42,495.6
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    425


    Yes Reputation No

    Bump your W212 Mercedes E550 to 425+ horsepower with Speedriven's naturally aspirated performance package

    The E55 and E63 AMG models tend to get all the aftermarket love but that does not mean you can not get solid gains out of the E550 M273 5.5 liter V8. From the factory it offers 382 horsepower and 391 lb-ft of torque at the crank.

    Click here to enlarge

    Speedriven with high flow air filters, ECU tune, and their lightweight sport exhaust takes this to 425+ horsepower 420 lb-ft of torque at the crank.

    Everything mentioned above is all included for the $3000 price making it a good value as you will not see greater gains without forced induction on the M273 V8 platform.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Speedriven
    Speedrivenís 425+ HP NA Performance PKG is available now for W212-chassis E550 Mercedes equipped with the 5.5 liter naturally-aspirated V8 engine. The PKG includes Speedrivenís ECU software upgrade, drop-in air filters, and stainless steel sport mufflers for a special PKG price of 3000USD. Shipping not included. Call us at 847.485.8126 or email info@speedriven.com for more.
    Click here to enlarge
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

    IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    2,548
    Rep Points
    2,761.3
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    I am mostly surprised these hogs only come with 380hp from the factory with a 5.5L V8...there are 4 bangers that come with almost that much power out of the box lol.
    A $30k Mustang with the 5.0 makes $#@!ing 435hp from the factory! WTF mercedes?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    140,480
    Rep Points
    42,495.6
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    425



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    I am mostly surprised these hogs only come with 380hp from the factory with a 5.5L V8...there are 4 bangers that come with almost that much power out of the box lol.
    Um that's pretty good NA power back then. To top it you would have had to go to an E39 M5 and the E550 is not an AMG model or anything.

    Yea, a turbo four-cylinder can make more power but it will drive completely differently. It would never fit the character of an E-Class like the V8 does.
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

    IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    2,548
    Rep Points
    2,761.3
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Um that's pretty good NA power back then. To top it you would have had to go to an E39 M5 and the E550 is not an AMG model or anything.

    Yea, a turbo four-cylinder can make more power but it will drive completely differently. It would never fit the character of an E-Class like the V8 does.
    What do you mean back then vs the E39? The E550 came with the 5.5L until 2012MY. In 2011 380hp from 5.5L seems pathetic.
    Cadillac V2 CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

    Honda S2000 AP1 - White on red - 9000rpm vtec bruh

    Porsche 991.1 PDK

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    140,480
    Rep Points
    42,495.6
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    425



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    What do you mean back then vs the E39? The E550 came with the 5.5L until 2012MY. In 2011 380hp from 5.5L seems pathetic.
    Yeah, I know, I'm trying to provide perspective on NA output of a V8.

    380 hp is not pathetic. You can look at the E63 AMG btw which they get over 500 horsepower out of the V8.

    I don't even know what to say. People are spoiled by numbers today. 380 hp from an E-Class that was not even an AMG model with a naturally aspirated V8 (which topped the W210 E55 AMG btw) is pretty good.
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

    IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    2,548
    Rep Points
    2,761.3
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I know, I'm trying to provide perspective on NA output of a V8.

    380 hp is not pathetic. You can look at the E63 AMG btw which they get over 500 horsepower out of the V8.

    I don't even know what to say. People are spoiled by numbers today. 380 hp from an E-Class that was not even an AMG model with a naturally aspirated V8 (which topped the W210 E55 AMG btw) is pretty good.
    I won't argue that we are spoiled these days. I'm not even trying to say MB sucks, mostly just surprised BECAUSE we have gotten so spoiled over the last few years.
    The old 4.6L Ford V8 was pretty pathetic too vs the 5.0 and modern motors. I talk $#@! all the time to my coworker who drives one lol.
    Cadillac V2 CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

    Honda S2000 AP1 - White on red - 9000rpm vtec bruh

    Porsche 991.1 PDK

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    140,480
    Rep Points
    42,495.6
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    425



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    The old 4.6L Ford V8 was pretty pathetic too vs the 5.0 and modern motors.
    Well, yeah, compare the old 4.6 and this motor looks pretty good.

    Look at the Cobra R. 5.4 liter V8 with 385 horsepower....
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

    IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •