Close

Thread: SPEC Clutches

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

SPEC Clutches

Good morning!

I wanted to give some praises to David Norton @ SPEC !!!

After what looked like contamination after 4-5k miles on a fresh Spec Twin Disc install I contacted David for some help. David was quick to respond and was eager to get all my parts in the mail at his facility for inspection and testing after looking at several pictures of the rear main seal and transmission input shaft seal. He was able to determine the best route for me to go and was quick to get me the parts I needed in a hurry! It wasn't cheap but it was clear he was working hard to beat my deadline for my event which he did. Many thanks to David @ Spec Clutches!

I completed the install last night with the new discs (one sprung one unsprung / both puck style) and the pedal feels to be engaging lower than the last setup when it was new. Its also much more grabby but I am fine with that as long as it will hold. Working to break it in with lots of stop and go over the next 500-700 gentle miles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Glad to hear a positive review. I've unfortunately mostly read negative stuff here.
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650