Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

RENNtech - AMG GT-S Stage I Turbo and Coil-Over Suspension

RENNtech just released their latest performance upgrades for the Mercedes-Benz C190 – AMG GT-S. The RENNtech Stage I Turbocharger Upgrade and Coil-Over Suspension are now available.
    These performance products have endured thousands of test miles at both of RENNtech’s Headquarters in the United States and Germany. Now the Stage I turbo upgrade completed its final testing on the world’s most demanding race circuit, the Nürburgring-Nordschleife. The upgraded turbochargers for AMG’s 4.0L V8 BiTurbo engine feature lightweight billet compressor wheels and larger impellers. The compressor housings are precision CNC machined and flow tested to compensate for the increased impeller size. In combination with the R1 Performance Package, which includes Stainless Steel Downpipes w/ 200 Cell Catalytic Converters and High-Flow Air Filters, the RENNtech Stage I Turbo will add up to 180 HP and 161 LB-FT over measured stock performance. This brings the AMG GT-S power output up to 716 HP and 656 LB-FT.
    Ensuring all the power from RENNtech’s performance upgrades is transmitted to the road, RENNtech developed a suspension kit to improve both vehicle handling and performance. The four-corner suspension kit allows full ride height adjustability and lowering of up to 1.5” for the front and rear. The combination of the RENNtech coil-over suspension with the OEM dampers gives the AMG GT-S performance handling without losing the daily-driver comfort and keeping the OEM electronic damper control retained.

The RENNtech Stage I Turbo Charger is available for $11,880. Price includes the required ECU Upgrade.
    Click here for the Product Page.

The RENNtech Coil-Over Suspension kit is available for $1,980.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Last edited by RENNtech; 02-16-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Renntech releases Stage I C190 AMG GT S M178 turbo upgrade - $11,880, 630 rear wheel horsepower

Turbo upgrade options for the M178 twin turbo 4.0 liter engine in the C190 AMG GT S are heating up! Renntech released their Stage I turbo upgrade which consists of new forged billet impellers. Tuning of course is included and power is bumped past 700 crank horsepower on pump gas.

Click here to enlarge

Key Features:

• The RENNtech Stage I Turbo Upgrade comes with an RENNtech ECU Upgrade
    • Larger impeller (inlet) and turbine (exhaust) cartridge
    • Cartridge shaft is larger and stronger to support larger wheels
    • Entire cartridge is fine balanced as an assembly
    • Lightweight forged billet wheels
    • Less rolling resistance offers quicker spooling
    • Virtually no lag with impressive throttle response
    • Precision machined impeller and turbine housings
    • Up to 716 HP and 656 TQ @ crank

Notes:

• This Turbo Upgrade requires an additional core charge, which will be credited upon return of OEM turbo core to RENNtech
    • We have found the new M177 engine stock performance numbers vary from the baseline figures claimed by Mercedes Benz. We typically see higher baseline numbers than claimed by the factory. Numbers will be dependent on conditions and fuel quality.
    • Power gains are calculated with stock numbers measured by RENNtech
    • To reach the maximum power level, RENNtech downpipes, diverter valve and high-flow air filters are required.
    • Our numbers will be dependent on conditions and fuel quality.

AMG GT-S (C190) M178 Stock Performance:

• 503 HP @ 6,250 RPM; 479 LB-FT @ 1,750-4,750 RPM
    • Mercedes M178 engine performance when measured, obtains higher power numbers than rated from factory.

AMG GT-S (C190) M178 Modified Performance :

• 716 HP @ 6,250 RPM; 656 LB-FT @ 4,500-5,500 RPM

Let's take a look at a dynograph at the wheels:

Click here to enlarge

Power is up by 158 rear wheel horsepower over the 472 wheel horsepower baseline. Torque jumps by 141 lb-ft at the wheels for a total of 577. Massive gains through the curve.

Renntech is not done here as further upgrades will come but for those looking for a big upgrade over stock with OEM reliability, this is a great option.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

The Mercedes GT-S is the second Mercedes Benz vehicle fully developed by AMG, the company’s Affalterbach based performance division and long fabled engine builder. The resulting vehicle is nothing short of spectacular and the 4.0L V8 BiTurbo engine within is an incredible platform to build performance upon.

RENNtech lightweight forged billet turbo wheels feature a dramatically larger than stock impeller (inlet side) and an increase in the turbine trim (exhaust side). This combination of high quality, light weight components compensates for turbo lag despite being a functionally larger turbo. The cartridge supporting shaft is also both larger and stronger designed to handle the larger wheels and additional power. This entire cartridge is then fine balanced as a complete assembly to compensate for these increases. The impeller and turbine housings are then precision CNC machined and flow tested in-house to fit the larger internal cartridge. The end result is nothing short of spectacular with the RENNtech turbo package gaining up to 180 hp and 161 lb-ft.

More power isn’t the only performance benefit as our turbos spool quicker, offer a more responsive throttle and immediate power delivery thanks to a reduction in exhaust back pressure, rolling resistance, higher RPM's and a lighter rotating mass. In addition, our turbo upgrade kit functions with the OEM oil and coolant lines. This isn’t just an OEM turbo charger with machined internals; but a dramatically larger, more powerful turbocharger that blows away anything else on the market!

The RENNtech performance turbo upgrade is truly the ultimate upgrade for your AMG GT-S.

The RENNtech Stage I Turbo Charger is available for $11,880. Price includes the required ECU Upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very interesting indeed. I can't wait to see what the car will do in the 1/4 at PBIR.
    Let the war begin between Weistec and Renntech.
    I believe there will be a third entrant soon Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am honestly working on the wrong platform, 750WHP capable brand new cast turbos, for $4500, and civic, I mean N54 owners are still saying they are expensive. A 700WHP stock frame upgrade for 12K, and its acceptable in the AMG world. God help me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I am honestly working on the wrong platform, 750WHP capable brand new cast turbos, for $4500, and civic, I mean N54 owners are still saying they are expensive. A 700WHP stock frame upgrade for 12K, and its acceptable in the AMG world. God help me
    Seriously... I think this cruises right by "AMG Tax" and moves into "Idiot Tax" territory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree that it is grossly over priced but the competition (weistec) is at $12,500. I would welcome other vendors to build it. Unfortunately, the R&D associated with it cannot be amortized over as many units as a BMW N54 platform in your example.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Grossly overpriced seems like an understatement. I have one AMG guy who is sick of it, and actually emailed me last week. We have a set of cores coming our way. We actually started a program to cast these units just like our new N54 units, but the deal we had in place with quite a few owners in the UAE fell apart so we never pursued it. We actually might have to pick it back up. Someone needs to address this overpricing issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am glad you are taking the bull by the horns and would love to see some real competition.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by emericr Click here to enlarge
    I believe there will be a third entrant soon
    Who?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree that it is grossly over priced but the competition (weistec) is at $12,500. I would welcome other vendors to build it. Unfortunately, the R&D associated with it cannot be amortized over as many units as a BMW N54 platform in your example.
    Exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Grossly overpriced seems like an understatement. I have one AMG guy who is sick of it, and actually emailed me last week. We have a set of cores coming our way. We actually started a program to cast these units just like our new N54 units, but the deal we had in place with quite a few owners in the UAE fell apart so we never pursued it. We actually might have to pick it back up. Someone needs to address this overpricing issue.
    That's fine Tony. If you wish to compete go ahead but kindly do not take vendor releases OT as it is against the rules.

If a vendor was writing this in your product release thread I would already have dozens of e-mails on the topic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...-upgrade.html#

If you deduct the tune, it's about $7K for upgraded turbos. I wonder how much the install is...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...-upgrade.html#

If you deduct the tune, it's about $7K for upgraded turbos. I wonder how much the install is...
    I'll see if I can get more info from Eurocharged on this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'll see if I can get more info from Eurocharged on this.
    So let me get this straight, I comment on pricing, and that we are possibly going to release something, and get scolded. This dude posts a straight up link to a competitors product, and you do not scold him, you let the link stay, and tell him you will look into it. Sticky go $#@! yourself

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So let me get this straight, I comment on pricing, and that we are possibly going to release something, and get scolded. This dude posts a straight up link to a competitors product, and you do not scold him, you let the link stay, and tell him you will look into it. Sticky go $#@! yourself
    I see you are enjoying your Sunday.

Specifically, Renntech mentioned they don't want you posting in their threads. Feel free to take it up with them.

Secondly, what's wrong with you? Telling me to F off? For what?

The link posted is from a user, not a vendor. Big difference plus it's a link to a paying vendor. The user was also answering a question.

Some professionalism would be great to see but we won't see it from you now will we?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who buys a $148,000 Mercedes and $#@!es about a $12,000 turbo/tune? Good friends of mine own an SL63, CLK Blackseries, and a GTS. They've spend that much on exhaust. I don't see how comparing a turbo upgrade for a 335 and any AMG is relevant. New brake rotors and pads approaches $7,000. Got to pay to play with the big boys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCChris Click here to enlarge
    I don't see how comparing a turbo upgrade for a 335 and any AMG is relevant. New brake rotors and pads approaches $7,000. Got to pay to play with the big boys.
    Mclaren, AMG, Honda, BMW, etc... a turbo is a turbo. Sure, they won't sell as many, but it doesn't justify a 6x premium over anything else, but if you're willing to bend over and pay the 'premium' thats your prerogative.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
    Mclaren, AMG, Honda, BMW, etc... a turbo is a turbo. Sure, they won't sell as many, but it doesn't justify a 6x premium over anything else, but if you're willing to bend over and pay the 'premium' thats your prerogative.
    It depends on if you want a tested package with OEM reliability.

Renntech had upgrades going before the car was even released (as did a couple others).

If a turbo is just a turbo and it's easy to do then anyone can make it happen. There's a reason there are premier Mercedes tuners.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hear what you're saying, but the AMG upgrades are such a limited market, therefore, isn't the higher price justified in this situation? I'm speaking in regards to their ROI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Simple economics really; Renntech has to invest money and time into making these products and since there it s a smaller market they have to sell each unit at a higher price so they can make up for their inital investment.
    Click here to enlarge
    POV is the best angle

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Saca135i Click here to enlarge
    Simple economics really; Renntech has to invest money and time into making these products and since there it s a smaller market they have to sell each unit at a higher price so they can make up for their inital investment.
    They are priced the same as the competition and better than some competitors.

If someone thinks they can do it for oh so much cheaper why aren't they doing it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Because it takes a great amount of time, effort and money to do so which not that many shops have. Also it takes a great amount of skill and knowledge in this specific market which narrows it down to a very short list of shops.
    Click here to enlarge
    POV is the best angle

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Saca135i Click here to enlarge
    Because it takes a great amount of time, effort and money to do so which not that many shops have. Also it takes a great amount of skill and knowledge in this specific market which narrows it down to a very short list of shops.
    Right. It's not as simple as saying, 'Oh turbos are turbos.'

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Right. It's not as simple as saying, 'Oh turbos are turbos.'
    Then please explain to me why it would cost more to clearance a stock housing and rebuild it with billet wheels and a ball bearing center cartridge in an AMG motor than a Ford/Nissan/BMW etc, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then please explain to me why it would cost more to clearance a stock housing and rebuild it with billet wheels and a ball bearing center cartridge in an AMG motor than a Ford/Nissan/BMW etc, etc.
    No prob.

First of all you have to have a car to work on. Already more difficult off the bat.

Secondly, it is a smaller market. You will sell more turbos for a Mustang Ecoboost in a month than you will for an AMG GT in a year.

Supply and demand are a factor.

Then there is that these are owners of $100k+ cars who do not want downtime, delays, etc., and it better be perfect. It also better be someone who has history in the market.

Feel free to show me these $5k or whatever M178 and M177 turbo upgrades.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast