Close

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMWJunkie Click here to enlarge
    He has about 50 less HP but 170 MORE TQ!

I don't care what kind of bmw marketing BS math m3 owners come up with its not gonna magically make the car have 170 more torque.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    Makes sense to me. There was a stage 2 Gintani supercharged M3 at a roll racing event I went to, got demolished by an auto 335i with RB turbos using an off the shelf e40 tune, by like 6 or 7 car lengths over 800 metres.
    Same car was dead even with an e60 M5 with a Gintani supercharger.
    I was surprised as I really expected the supercharged cars to be faster.
    How many supercharged M3's do you have in the 10's at over 130 miles per hour?

How many N54's?

How does it suddenly change from M3's holding all the records to the N54 just running away based on this one result?

Some of you are delusional.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    Why do people get so upset when n54 cars pull on sc e9x m3s? It isnt like its a unicorn event.....its happened many times by now, especially with all these n54 cars getting inlet kits and cranking the boost up.
    As I said, delusional.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...meth-injection

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Newguy123 Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky always gets butthurt when the e9x supercharged ///M cars get beat :lol
    It has nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with it being a physical impossibility for an N54 at 520 wheel to beat a 600 whp supercharged M3.

It doesn't happen on the drag strip and it doesn't happen from a roll. That M3 simply can't be a Stage 2 supercharged car with the way it gets beaten or the driver just decides he is going for a cruise instead of racing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL i agree the SC m3 ARE NO JOKE AND PERFORM VERY WELL!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It has nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with it being a physical impossibility for an N54 at 520 wheel to beat a 600 whp supercharged M3.

It doesn't happen on the drag strip and it doesn't happen from a roll. That M3 simply can't be a Stage 2 supercharged car with the way it gets beaten or the driver just decides he is going for a cruise instead of racing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I feel like the n54 is making more than 520whp, but it most def happens from a roll, esp against a 6 speed e9x m3 (dct would change things.)
    2008 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    but it most def happens from a roll, esp against a 6 speed e9x m3 (dct would change things.)
    Huh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know why some of you just can't process this. You look at peak torque on a dyno and call it a day. It's not that hard:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...tc1d1200-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...tc1d1200-1.jpg

So many things wrong with this...

Who roll races in first gear?

Dct m3 is 3.15 and Dave's 135i is 3.46

Plug those numbers in and make a new graph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So many things wrong with this...

Who roll races in first gear?

Dct m3 is 3.15 and Dave's 135i is 3.46

Plug those numbers in and make a new graph
    There is nothing wrong with it the point is to show you torque changes in each gear. Weird that the M3 has more torque, eh?

Yes, you plug in the number and you have to make a new graph. The only numbers you went by are what it shows on the dyno completely ignoring the gearing. Right?

Now let's forget for a moment that you are completely wrong about the torque issue here. How is it that my Gintani Stage 2 went over 130 in the 1/4 mile? He is saying his car 'may' do 129. Maybe. Perhaps.

How is it we have many 10 second M3's at over 130 miles per hour and no upgraded stock frame N54's?

So you're telling me on the dragstrip which is not even the M3's strength the M3 is quicker and faster yet from a roll a 600 whp car gets pulled like it isn't even on the gas against a 520 whp N54?

That makes sense to you?

Something is majorly off here. Every other roll on race video with supercharged M3's shows them pulling. Yet somehow here the M3 is blown away and your entire is analysis is 'but but but but the torques the N54 has the torques!'

Yeah that isn't it. This M3 should be faster. It was a whole lot slower. Something is wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pick a gear, any gear.Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Can you wrap your head around it now?

That graph and data you posted was about as unbiased as fox news.

Real number show the real story.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Can you wrap your head around it now?

That graph and data you posted was about as unbiased as fox news.

Real number show the real story.
    The real numbers do show the real story. 600 whp and 130+ trap speeds for supercharged M3's.

You think a 135i is running away from a supercharged M3 from a roll like that when the actual dyno numbers, 1/4 mile results, and other races against MORE POWERFUL N54'S WITH MORE TORQUE THAN THIS ONE have the M3 coming out on top?

The M3 was trapping less he said. Clearly something is wrong with it as it should be trapping more.

I'd like to hear from the M3 owner as all actual numbers and results point to the M3's advantage unless you're blind.

The graph I posted was from a stock M3 and stock N54 obviously. The point which flew over your head is the torque in gear is much different and the analysis is not as simple as the N54 has more torque on the dyno so it wins which is idiotic. Especially considering M3's have been beating up on cars with more torque for... forever.

A top end race is a power race and the M3's powerband and gearing is more conducive to that. It has more horsepower through the curve. Torque down low doesn't mean much of anything in this race. Go race a diesel from a roll against an M3 and see how it goes. Oh but the torque! Seriously?

If you think a 520 whp 135 is running away from a supercharged 600 whp M3 from a roll like that you're delusional and simply do not know anything about anything regarding the performance of either platform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Gintani stage 2 dynoed at 574 anyways, nobody said it was a 600 hp car.

Torque disadvantage that large can cause a race to be lost. Especially when the m3 has the weight disadvantage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know what all the....passion is about.

It's clear that the N54 was running awesome, and the M3 was not having a good day.

It's pretty awesome for either platforms I think.
    2008 E90 335XI A/T. Mr.5 intake, gutted cats, self tuned, meth injection(625ml nozzle), 93 octane e10 fuel.
    Best 1/4: 11.5@122
    Best 1/8: 7.364@96.27 (1/8th mile only run)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Gintani stage 2 dynoed at 574 anyways, nobody said it was a 600 hp car.

Torque disadvantage that large can cause a race to be lost. Especially when the m3 has the weight disadvantage.
    No it can't because the M3 is never going to be at 2500 rpm:

BMW M3 DCT
    Gear / Ratio / Max Speed / RPM drop on upshift
    1st 4.780 44
    2nd 2.933 71 5200
    3rd 2.153 97 6200
    4th 1.678 124 6500
    5th 1.390 150 6900
    6th 1.203 173 7300
    7th 1.000 208 7000
    Final Ratio 3.154
    Redline 8400

BMW M3 6-speed
    Gear / Ratio / Max Speed / RPM drop on upshift
    1st 4.055 44
    2nd 2.396 75 4900
    3rd 1.582 113 5600
    4th 1.192 150 6300
    5th 1.000 179 7000
    6th 0.872 205 7300
    Final Ratio 3.678
    Redline 8400

If you even look at your own graphs you posted and see the torque of the M3 at over 6000 rpm it isn't giving much of anything up yet making much more power at that RPM than the N54.

520 whp N54's are not beating 600 whp M3's. I'm saying 600 whp because we have a 600 whp dyno posted for a Gintani Stage 2 and that is about what they make.

Are you not even watching the video? The M3 gets a lead and the N54 pulls away like it is standing still. How the $#@! is that possible? It's not possible.

Even if I were to grant everything in your favor which it isn't as the numbers and actual results are in my favor the race would never go like that for either car and be much closer with the M3 pulling up top the longer the race went.

If you want to believe this is what really happens go ahead but you're deluding yourself.

This is a 6MT E92 M3 with the ESS kit (weaker) against a FBO 335i with inlets on meth: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...6MT-E90-M3-S65

Why is that race close despite that 335i having more torque than this 135i? Huh? Well? Yet you think the 135i just blows the doors off a supercharged E92 M3 with more power than that ESS M3? Really?

How about this.

Two 6MT cars. One is a single turbo N54 with more power and torque than this 135i. The other a Gintani Stage 2 M3.

335i gets the jump and the M3 pulls up top. OMG wow how the 335i has more torque? How did this happen?

Why did it happen? Because the M3's top end is stronger and it has more power through the curve.

No matter what you might think a race between the two is going to be much closer than what you see in this video and that should be obvious to anyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How many supercharged M3's do you have in the 10's at over 130 miles per hour?

How many N54's?

How does it suddenly change from M3's holding all the records to the N54 just running away based on this one result?

Some of you are delusional.
    How am I delusional posting my real world experience and saying I was surprised by the results?
    Maybe the supercharged cars don't perform in the heat, it was hot that day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    How am I delusional posting my real world experience and saying I was surprised by the results?
    Maybe the supercharged cars don't perform in the heat, it was hot that day.
    Well my real world results are apparently vastly different and I'm a bit surprised the N54's don't be better on the dragstrip.

Regardless my post above covers this topic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Well my real world results are apparently vastly different and I'm a bit surprised the N54's don't be better on the dragstrip.

Regardless my post above covers this topic.

I poop at parties, but peoples don't know because I close the door.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT6QZDqj1Hw

I poop at parties, but peoples don't know because I close the door.
    You're making like 7XX wheel there, right?

That's how it should go down.

That race is closer than the one in the OP somehow yet the power disparity is greater. Go figure. Also the M3's lack of torque gives it an early lead somehow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're making like 7XX wheel there, right?

That's how it should go down.

That race is closer than the one in the OP somehow yet the power disparity is greater. Go figure. Also the M3's lack of torque gives it an early lead somehow.
    630whp to be exact.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    630whp to be exact.
    You told me you were going for 8XX come on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You told me you were going for 8XX come on.
    I made 811 LOL!! This race was last year, back when I had the Comp 6465 on. I haven't had time to meet up with the big boys at all lately. They had a meet 2 weeks ago I tried to make it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I made 811 LOL!! This race was last year, back when I had the Comp 6465 on. I haven't had time to meet up with the big boys at all lately. They had a meet 2 weeks ago I tried to make it.
    811 or 8xx or whatever the point is you are making more power than that M3 and significantly so. Yet you don't pull like this '520' whp does on this Stage 2 M3.

Your race goes as it should.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    811 or 8xx or whatever the point is you are making more power than that M3 and significantly so. Yet you don't pull like this '520' whp does on this Stage 2 M3.

Your race goes as it should.
    True, I can't argue with that at all. The guy said he was making around 580-600whp at most with the Gintani stage 2+ on 91+Meth.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    A top end race is a power race and the M3's powerband and gearing is more conducive to that. It has more horsepower through the curve.
    Maybe 6 months ago or later this might be true. Not anymore. I looked up some Gintani stage 2 dyno's and almost all of them were making roughly 575whp/375wtq. Here are some horsepower numbers by RPM from a Gintani stage 2 dyno graph at Specialty-Z and I compared them to my graph that made 601whp/532wtq:

M3:
    4500: 310whp/305wtq
    5500: 350whp/335wtq
    6500: 440whp/355wtq
    7500: 530whp/370wtq
    8200: 570whp/364wtq

My stage 2 335i:
    4500: 430whp/505wtq
    5500: 555whp/525wtq
    6500: 600whp/480wtq

No where in these "curves" does a supercharged M3 have more power than a stage 2 N54. You need to come out to a half mile event.
    Last edited by pr3ci5n335i; 10-14-2015 at 03:09 AM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast