Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

PP-Performance tuned Porsche 991 Turbo vs. Lamborghini Aventador vs. Weistec Supercharged W204 C63 AMG Black Series

More great runs from our friends in Russia here. We have a Porsche 991 Turbo with the PP-Performance RS650 tuning package going up against a stock Lamborghini Aventador and a Weistec supercharged W204 generation C63 AMG Black Series.

Click here to enlarge

The PP-P tune for the 991 Turbo and S from what we understand is piggyback based. The 991 Turbo and S both have the same sized turbochargers. A PP-P tuned 991 Turbo S went as quick and fast 9.896 @ 137.78 when trying to oneup Simon Motorsport on the recently discredited Yas Marina drag strip.

Well, these runs are not on the Yas Marina dragstrip but done by the Russians known for Moscow Unlimited. The first run has the PP-P tuned Turbo go up against the Lamborghini Aventador and the Porsche wins. No surprise here at all considering how a stock 991 Turbo S did against a stock Aventador.

The 991 Turbo gets through the 1/4 mile quicker and faster with a 10.359 @ 132.085 compared to the Aventador 11.059 @ 129.525. It is also faster through the kilometer as the Turbo pulls 169.846 miles per hour to the Aventador's 169.206. The Aventador closes the gap as speeds rise.

The second run has the Turbo go at it with a Weistec supercharged W204 C63 AMG Black Series said to be at 700 horsepower so we assume a 2.3 liter blower package. The Black Series is set up for the track and not kilometer drag racing so the owner wisely removes the rear wing which creates downforce at the expense of aerodynamic drag.

The 991 Turbo wins covering the quarter mile in 10.650 @ 131.389 compared to the C63 AMG 11.644 @ 127.456. The kilometer numbers are 19.401 @ 169.976 for the 991 Turbo compared to 20.669 @ 166.434 for the supercharged C63 Black Series.

It certainly is interesting that the PP-Performance tuned 991 Turbo numbers in the Russian air do not approach what PP-P shows in the hot desert air of Yas Marina in the UAE. You will have to explain that inconsistency yourself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice Porker kills the overpriced Audighini again

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A stock Acentador does 10.3-10.4 at a proper prepared drag. I. The video above it did 11. That a difference of 0.7. Russia is on an elevation and the Moscow Unlim 500+ is not prepped like a normal quarter mile drag. It's actually a road track.
    Considering the porsche did 10.3 and from the way it pulled against the Aventador . I say yes, it's 9 seconds capable on a proper quarter mile track

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    A stock Acentador does 10.3-10.4 at a proper prepared drag. I. The video above it did 11. That a difference of 0.7. Russia is on an elevation and the Moscow Unlim 500+ is not prepped like a normal quarter mile drag. It's actually a road track.
    Considering the porsche did 10.3 and from the way it pulled against the Aventador . I say yes, it's 9 seconds capable on a proper quarter mile track
    Yep good points these are not drag strip results.

It's just very interesting that the car only runs 9's at Yas Marina and nowhere else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yep good points these are not drag strip results.

It's just very interesting that the car only runs 9's at Yas Marina and nowhere else.
    Well the car only ran at YAS and nowhere else

as far as I am concerned , it's capable of running that ET at any tack with similar prep and conditions

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    as far as I am concerned , it's capable of running that ET at any tack with similar prep and conditions
    I definitely believe you feel that way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Nice Porker kills the overpriced Audighini again
    Lol there is nothing Audi about an Aventador, except for some of the interior switches and the infotainment system, which is a good thing. Lamborghinis are not terrible cars now that someone with some money has bought them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    Lol there is nothing Audi about an Aventador, except for some of the interior switches and the infotainment system, which is a good thing. Lamborghinis are not terrible cars now that someone with some money has bought them.
    Well we could argue there
    Driving fresh air now

Recent Past
    2015 McLaren 650S
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Well we could argue there
    Argue what? its a fact that they have been better made more reliable cars since audi/vw took over.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    Argue what? its a fact that they have been better made more reliable cars since audi/vw took over.
    Yes hence my Audighini reference... they are all undertseering Audis IMHO... and the egear is just horrid in any Lambo
    Driving fresh air now

Recent Past
    2015 McLaren 650S
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes hence my Audighini reference... they are all undertseering Audis IMHO... and the egear is just horrid in any Lambo
    Yea they agree, the r8 got a dct last year and the hurrican got one this year

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Huracan press cars were set to understeer so moron journalists wouldn't kill themselves. I can promise you the Aventador will absolutely hang its ass out and try to kill you with proper throttle application.

E-Gear was a purely Lamborghini invention, Audi had nothing to do with it really. Also...some preferred it due to the sensation of the gear shift. But either way...Audi is the reason they have a DCT box now.