BimmerBoost.com Siemens MSD80 / MSD81 Flash Software
1) Run installer package to install BimmerBoost flash application on laptop.
2) Plug Bavarian Technic cable in to OBDII port.
3) Turn on ignition. This means all lights showing in dash including SES light.
4) Turn off your radio, climate control, lights, and any other unnecessary accessories to avoid draining your battery.
5) Connect USB to laptop.
6) Open BB flash program and select "ID ECU".
7) If properly connected you should see the software fields fill in. The most common files are IJE0S and 18A0S. This ID field will be used later to download the proper TunerPro XDF file to modify your DME. DME Voltage should show. If you do not see DME voltage there is an issue communicating with your DME. Do not continue.
8) Select "READ ECU" to start the read process. Select a name for your factory file such as MYCAR_IJE0S_STOCK. Reading the BIN out will take approximately 70 minutes. In some cases a battery charger should be connected before reading.
9) Once reading is complete save a copy of the BIN in a safe place. This is your only DME backup. Loose this file or accidentally modify it and you'll have a headache later.
10) Modify the BIN using TunerPro and the publicly posted XDF files and directions. Refer to BimmerBoost for additional details on how to modify your BIN or on how to get tuned BIN files for your vehicle.
11) Copy the modified BIN over to your laptop and repeat steps 2-6. Once connection is verified select "WRITE ECU" and select the modified BIN. The write process will begin. The first write takes ~15 minutes and subsequent writes will take ~2 minutes. Expect the fuel pump to run and all error lights to appear in dash and NAV screen while flashing. In some cases a battery charger should be connected during the write process.
12) After writing is complete wait 15 seconds and then remove the key from the ignition. Put the key back in the ignition and start the car. Programming is now complete. iDrive cars will experience a SES light on until the car has been restarted a few times. This is normal and will be corrected in future builds.