Close

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well, they have actually been threatening my father. Evosport has outdated contact information from when I did business with them years ago. They seem to assume I live with parents and that by going after my father it will force me to take the documents down. I don't live with him and he has nothing to do with my site so it is really just a petty move to threaten someone's 73 year old father. My father has been through concentration camps and forced relocation to Siberia so if they think mean phone calls are going to scare him they are out of their minds.

Clearly they seem to be threatened since they can't control this site like they can MBworld to just sweep this all away so they are using such despicable tactics. Yes, it does make them look worse and reflects poorly on them.
    Wait, Evosport is harassing your father over this? Are you joking?

"Um hello Mr. Sticky, your son is making us look bad because we failed to deliver over $250,000 in product last year and also incurred $300,000 in debt."

WTF?

I guess if Sticky goes missing we know who to target.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Well, they have actually been threatening my father. Evosport has outdated contact information from when I did business with them years ago. They seem to assume I live with parents and that by going after my father it will force me to take the documents down. I don't live with him and he has nothing to do with my site so it is really just a petty move to threaten someone's 73 year old father. My father has been through concentration camps and forced relocation to Siberia so if they think mean phone calls are going to scare him they are out of their minds.

Clearly they seem to be threatened since they can't control this site like they can MBworld to just sweep this all away so they are using such despicable tactics. Yes, it does make them look worse and reflects poorly on them.
    Wow!

That is despicable.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My respect for all persons involved with Evosport is increasing by the day. This is so completely low and pathetic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Pathetic scare tactics are pathetic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    Wow!

That is despicable.
    Yes, it is, and I think I am going to expose it. If they think by threatening my father they will force me to remove the documents they are out of their minds.

Completely pathetic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    Wait, Evosport is harassing your father over this? Are you joking?

"Um hello Mr. Sticky, your son is making us look bad because we failed to deliver over $250,000 in product last year and also incurred $300,000 in debt."

WTF?

I guess if Sticky goes missing we know who to target.
    Exactly, and they need to start taking responsibility for their own issues instead of closing, banning, deleting, and threatening.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yes, it is, and I think I am going to expose it. If they think by threatening my father they will force me to remove the documents they are out of their minds.

Completely pathetic.
    If I could rep you (cough) I would. Click here to enlarge

If Evosport chose to stoop to that level expose them for what they are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    If Evosport chose to stoop to that level expose them for what they are.
    Roger that.

Maybe they should be spending their time resolving orders and their debt rather than worrying about my site? It would seem misplaced priorities are what led to this mess in the first place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i would think it still goes by cali law, they just hire the attorney in that state
    I was under the impression that in small claims court, one can not have an attorney? I thought each party had to represent itself. Also, I would think that any attorney's fees would be more than $2,000 to start with, so I'm not sure how cost effective it would be to try to recover these small amounts. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    That's interesting that California law allows that. In other states, the Sheriff can only collect personal property that way.
    I've seen it happen in a couple of states. Here in California, you can even have the Sheriff collect money from their bank account or if they use a cash register, the Sheriff could perform a till tap or you could request that the Sheriff stay at the business for up to 8 hours in order to collect your money. There are a bunch of services, but they do cost money to utilize.
    Last edited by Exeenom; 04-15-2011 at 01:51 AM.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    I was under the impression that in small claims court, one can not have an attorney? I thought each party had to represent itself. Also, I would think that any attorney's fees would be more than $2,000 to start with, so I'm not sure how cost effective it would be to try to recover these small amounts. Click here to enlarge

I've seen it happen in a couple of states. Here in California, you can even have the Sheriff collect money from their bank account or if they use a cash register, the Sheriff could perform a till tap or you could request that the Sheriff stay at the business for up to 8 hours in order to collect your money. There are a bunch of services, but they do cost money to get utilize.
    An person doesn't ever have to have representation in any court. It's called a pro se litigant. many times people go pro se in small claims courts, but I am not aware of any that restrict representation, as that's a fundamental right.

California has great laws for consumers....which is why I file my cases there Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

This keeps getting more and more strange.... so do they actually think that your father owns or operates the site? I would've thought they'd come after you personally or maybe your car if they have connections to some of the suppliers you're dealing with.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Roger that.

Maybe they should be spending their time resolving orders and their debt rather than worrying about my site? It would seem misplaced priorities are what led to this mess in the first place.
    +63
    I can't believe they would harass your 73 yr. old dadClick here to enlarge
    sad, sad, sad peopleClick here to enlarge
    2011 C63 ///AMG / BLK on BLK / P31 / LSD / CF Trim / Keyless Go / Rear Camera / All the other stuff too!!
    Click here to enlarge
    2011 X3 2.8 Vermillion Red/Black loaded

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Really trying to not comment on this as much as possible which is difficult given Evosport's and MBWorld's history with MHP but that is just pathetic. Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves, or already have.

Sorry to hear about this Joe, doesn't really surprise me though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    An person doesn't ever have to have representation in any court. It's called a pro se litigant. many times people go pro se in small claims courts, but I am not aware of any that restrict representation, as that's a fundamental right.

California has great laws for consumers....which is why I file my cases there Click here to enlarge
    What was the settlement or case outcome of the jersey shore clip in your sig?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    This keeps getting more and more strange.... so do they actually think that your father owns or operates the site? I would've thought they'd come after you personally or maybe your car if they have connections to some of the suppliers you're dealing with.
    They have nothing, so they are just reaching for whatever they can in desperation. I received similar threats from ESS and called their bluff, they ran away with their tail between their legs.

They have no connections to anyone dealing with my vehicle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by P31-C63 Click here to enlarge
    +63
    I can't believe they would harass your 73 yr. old dadClick here to enlarge
    sad, sad, sad peopleClick here to enlarge
    If it continues I will have him contact the police about harassment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

dont "will have" -have him-asap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

dont "will have" -have him-asap.
    We'll see, I'm thinking about how to proceed. Personally, I would have just been happy to see them take care of their customers, fulfill their back orders, pay off their debts including JRCART, but since they are threatening my family and I looks like I will have to have my father contact the Police as well as expose what they are doing. Just petty and vindictive people whose arrogance seems to know no bounds. If they think they can do whatever they want and cover up the truth they are sorely mistaken. There still are people with courage and integrity in this country.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

We'll see, I'm thinking about how to proceed. Personally, I would have just been happy to see them take care of their customers, fulfill their back orders, pay off their debts including JRCART, but since they are threatening my family and I looks like I will have to have my father contact the Police as well as expose what they are doing. Just petty and vindictive people whose arrogance seems to know no bounds. If they think they can do whatever they want and cover up the truth they are sorely mistaken. There still are people with courage and integrity in this country.
    Sounds like somebody needs a $#@!in NYC smackdown over at Evosport....

@Andy: since when do you bite your tounge???Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Thanks for the heads up Sticky.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Jalopnik picks up on BenzBoost story regarding Evosport and Evosport threatens legal action

One of the largest auto blogs on the net, Jalopnik, has been monitoring our story with Evosport. Things have gotten very heated as of late when Evosport had their attorney, Todd Serota, threaten my father as well as myself with legal action. BenzBoost was given a deadline and told to pull down the articles, looks like we missed it.

BenzBoost finds Evosport's tactics of covering this story up and threatening us with legal action just rather sad. Instead of going about this professionally, Evosport has been closing threads on MBworld and deleting any mention of it. Since they can not do that on BenzBoost, they have sent their attack dog lawyers after us in an attempt to control things here as well.

We will not be intimidated or budge from doing what is in our users and the consumers best interest. Consumer advocacy is something we need more of, not less. Mr. Serota, people like you are the problem in this country trying to keep the truth hidden and not having the integrity to do what is right. BenzBoost had the courage to reveal the details of what was taking place and did so accurately. Amazingly, you reached the wrong conclusion but we would not be surprised you would jump to whatever conclusion your clients would want you to jump to.

You have done the opposite of quieting this down, only making major blogs take notice of it. Aren't you only digging the hole deeper for your own clients? BenzBoost is not afraid of you and not all that impressed with your scare tactics. Plus, aren't you a patent lawyer? Maybe you should stick to that as we can write a much harsher letter than what you provided.

Also, threatening my 73 old year old father is flat out despicable. We are saddened that Evosport seems to endorse harassing senior and retired family members over forum posts they can not control. This does not reflect well on any company and does not reflect well on you as an attorney. If people wonder why attorneys get a bad name, it is due to actions such as this.

At this point, it should be clear to you it is impossible to get this story removed as you have now served to propagate it. Well done Evosport and well done Mr. Serota. In our opinion, you have completely mis-managed this situation. Good luck prosecuting the entire internet, it does not seem the Evosport budget will allow for it.

We have posted the legal documents Jalopnik obtained aimed at BenzBoost here, you can all review them for yourselves and see the lengths Evosport is willing to go to keep the truth from users on MBworld as well as consumers. BenzBoost will continue to do investigative reporting in the best interest of our users and all individuals in the German automotive performance industry.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Wow. Jalopnik picked this up...

I smell rug burns.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

LOL, wtf is this?

Serota also said Mr. Wilk has a prior relationship with Evosport and "pretty much threatened" them while trying obtain something for the company
    Uh, I was a good customer and paid them quite well. Threatened them with what for what? Obtain what? I haven't done business with them in years.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I love that it says "unfair competition" WTF is wrong with these people..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I love that it says "unfair competition" WTF is wrong with these people..
    I have no idea what is wrong with them, look at this crap:

Update: We've been contacted by Evosport's counsel, Todd Serota, who says the company believes the claims are false and will pursue legal action against BenzBoost and its owner Joseph Wilk.

"Mr. Wilke has published information about Evosport that is clearly false and Evosport has tried to resolve it the easy way by asking him to take it down. He has not. Evosport feels they have no choice because it is hurting them…"
    How am I hurting them and how are the claims false? By stating the fact is they haven't delivered parts to people? How many guys have come out and said they have been waiting for their parts for months on end? Didn't JRCART state everything was true? Don't their own documents show they have hundreds of thousands of debt? Aren't they trying to get investors due to this?

What is their problem? They need to deal with their issues and not blame me for everything.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast