Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 62
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Man,here we go AGAIN with this high school drama...and AGAIN,it's been carried over from MBW to this site like a nasty case of the Herpes. When will it ever end? Click here to enlarge
    When MBW is dead. Unfortunately, herpes isn't terminal.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    NEVER mind you guys are to lazy to post up videos on here so i had to get my lazy fingers and go on MBW to look for it TNX.

    ohh here is it for all of you fellas
    I assure you it has nothing to do with laziness, just didn't know the video existed. Trying to break the habit of heading to MBW and I want this to be the primary source.

    Thank you for posting the video.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Promoted to front:

    Supporting information continues to trickle in about the Renntech record breaking 1/4 mile run. A video of the run was recently posted and you can watch this below. What we know thus far is that it is likely on upgraded turbos and no nitrous was used in the run. This is the mod list we know of: drag radials, higher stall torque converter, limited slip diff, custom exhaust, modified intercooler, carbon ceramic brakes, and race gas only tune. Density altitude for the run was around 1500, very impressive.

    Click here to enlarge


  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,454
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    FYI mods for the record CL65 vs last time are:

    Ceramic rotors, prototype high stall converter and a switch to 17" DRs vs last time out.

    Again great work Steve and Hartmut.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,454
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hooleyboy Click here to enlarge
    Andy, you made yourself bashing Renntech. You sold your rebranded EVOtech tunes and made claims "know one can do what MHP does" When in fact, at that time you were just selling EVOtech tunes. So you had a falling out with Dave (who sold you the EVOtech tunes that you rebranded). $#@! happens. You moved on to a new tuner. But kept the mantra, "know one can do what we do" when it comes to tuning. Fine by me Bro... Its very obvious that was your sales pitch and you would be damned if you were to let that go.

    Your whole existence on MBworld was telling everyone how much better your Evotech, I mean MHP tunes were then Renntech.. I feel bad for you, because EVOtech tunes are good on the 55's. So those bum 55 tunes you got, that gave you bad name. Were not all that fair. Just some tunes that had some issues. Again $#@! happens.

    As you know I supported RENNtech well before you ever got into Mercedes tuning. My falling out with RENNtech, comes from what I witnessed. AND I STATE THE AS FACT: The owner on RENNtech Mercedes came into Dyno-Comp and started a physical fight with an employee because he was photo copying a piece of paper that Hartmut Fayhl gave to him. There is an on going investigation by Scottsdale PD to my knowledge about this. After this display of complete unprofessional behavior. I decided to no longer promote in any way the RENNtech brand. Regardless of how Dyno-Comp's owner wanted to handle the situation. If anyone finds that to be BS/libel/and or slander. Take me to court and I will testify this statement to be true. Along with the many of other who witnessed it as well.

    the savvy person would know, this is when you started being buddy, buddy with RENNtech and praising their work. Only after years of bashing them.

    None of my product MIMIC OR RESEMBLE RENNTECH PRODUCTS. FACT: RENNtech contacted Dyno-Comp for a set of headers for an E63, and we declined to sell them a set of headers.

    In the time you have broken a bunch of Mercedes C63 1/4 mile record. MBH/Dyno-Comp had grown to the largest long tube header MFG for Mercedes-Benz in the world. so much so, We feel strongly that we single handedly brought the price down on Supersprint headers. This was never our goal or even a goal to be considered with SS headers.

    We do not sub out our headers to a company like Stainless Works, like MHP does. We don't depend upon anyone, but ourselves to make our products. We don't make products for 1 car. We make product for one brand of cars.

    If you think I started the rumor of Nitrous and meth on the CL65, Think again bro. In fact STFF. Im not the one claiming to be someone else. Im not sitting on the forums telling everyone the SL65 you got is a customer of yours. Im not hiding behind a fake user name. Prove me wrong Andy, Show us the title of the car. So are you going to sit here and tell everyone, including people on this forum that that SL65 is not yours? Prove it! Shut me up, Just prove it...

    Fact is Andy, I followed you from day one!!! I read all the things you've had to say from day one. I've seen every hurtful thing you've said to members online. I've seen you post personal pictures of other members. I've seen you be the meanest person to others online. However I've seen you do some good things, But if you think that means you've earned your redemption. Just call Rick and ask him how he feels he was treated...
    Just like Rick the used car salesman I have nothing to say to you, neither of you are worth the time, Rick feels slighted by 90% of the entities he's done business with and you're talking about 1 bad customer out of over 1000 so please try harder if you're going to go down that road. Even then there are 2 sides to every story and I can back my claims with Rick anytime. For some reason you think my time spent working with Dave is somehow relevant, sorry but it means as much as that dusty C55 title you claim with another manufacturers blower.

    Before you go jerking yourself off about forcing others to lower their prices (supersprint is not in the same league as your spider legs) just stop take a look in the mirror, put the beer down, and walk away from the keyboard.

    You make headers for a few cars, congrats, what we've done is far more impressive, including custom internals, porting, power adders, etc. We develped the M156 and M159 you bend headers next door. Again, you use the bender next door to your shop and if SWorks really made my headers why aren't they selling them? Why can you only find MHP products via MHP or an authorized dealer? I've asked these same questions to you and others yet no one can answer them, why?

    After 2 years of BS claims it's time for you to grow up and accept reality. We work with Hartmut these days, and you, well you still like to talk but again have no substance to back any of your claims.

    The sub-par and mediocre markets are all yours, now back under your rock where lift is measured at .050" Click here to enlarge

    ps--come to OH for Timmayfest and meet JD (SL65) owner, or sit back and watch him post more results on MBW I don't care which. I'm not sure what you've been drinking but if you think you have the authority to question us or anything we've done you're skating uphill son. Stick to what you know, and that is very little.

    Finally again those who live in glass houses just need to shut the hell up, you among them. For the past 6-8 mos you have relentlessly been bashing RT for your own benefit and the story goes much deeper than that. I can rehash all of it as well including Bill Hart, Katzy (WPB jail baby whoohoo), your evotech dealing friend Ken (your boy pushes evotech ROFL) and the shop of fail you attempt to run.

    Post personal pictures of people online? You mean the THIEF Jangy who stole $3k from a MBW memeber, your boy Jangy? Unfortunately for you he posted the pics of himself on the net so you again are left with no argument. BTW, those pics were recently reposted in a thread regarding Jangy and his new career (theft) so go whine elsewhere.

    Keep it up and I'll rip you apart line by line like I've done so many times in the past. Fact is I speak my mind, always have, and if it hurts your sensitive little bottom I could care less.

    I forgot, you can't go cry to Brad anymore, and soon you won't be able to on MBW either ROFL.

    Bye now.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hooleyboy Click here to enlarge
    The owner on RENNtech Mercedes came into Dyno-Comp and started a physical fight with an employee because he was photo copying a piece of paper that Hartmut Fayhl gave to him. There is an on going investigation by Scottsdale PD to my knowledge about this. After this display of complete unprofessional behavior. I decided to no longer promote in any way the RENNtech brand. Regardless of how Dyno-Comp's owner wanted to handle the situation. If anyone finds that to be BS/libel/and or slander. Take me to court and I will testify this statement to be true. Along with the many of other who witnessed it as well.
    I don't know what the real story is here but why would the owner of RENNtech go start a fight at dyno-comp over photocopying some piece of paper? Doesn't that sound a little absurd?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    95.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Andy makes me lmao. Not even going to remotely engage you. You brought me into this conversation and I said my bit.

    Sticky, It sounds completely absurd, but it is what it is.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    139.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Congrats to Steve, SGC. The car is definitely fast.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V12Godspeed Click here to enlarge
    Congrats to Steve, SGC. The car is definitely fast.
    Do we have details on what was done to the turbos yet?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    629.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Do we have details on what was done to the turbos yet?
    He said it was stock turbos. Actually, here is his exact quote,
    "As to turbos and intercoolers, Renntech tried Black Series turbos on my last CL65 (Flint grey) and the gains were minimal and not worth yanking the engine. Also, larger intercoolers were tried, however, the results were not what was expected. Larger is not necessarily better with intercoolers and turbos. If it doesn't work, Renntech is not going to use it. In sum, on the 10.27 run, the car had stock intercoolers and turbos. "

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    He said it was stock turbos. Actually, here is his exact quote,
    "As to turbos and intercoolers, Renntech tried Black Series turbos on my last CL65 (Flint grey) and the gains were minimal and not worth yanking the engine. Also, larger intercoolers were tried, however, the results were not what was expected. Larger is not necessarily better with intercoolers and turbos. If it doesn't work, Renntech is not going to use it. In sum, on the 10.27 run, the car had stock intercoolers and turbos. "
    Stock turbos and 137 mph in 1500 DA? Really?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    Rep Points
    420.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Some lead, others follow... just the way of the world. Still, though, I found this to be a curious admission:

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hooleyboy Click here to enlarge
    Fact is Andy, I followed you from day one!!!
    Regardless, not really germaine to this thread... congrats to RENNtech and SGC for their tremendous accomplishment. The race for 9's is on... can't wait to see who grabs it first. Click here to enlarge

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    629.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Stock turbos and 137 mph in 1500 DA? Really?
    I hate being a doubter, but I agree.. that is tough to believe.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    I hate being a doubter, but I agree.. that is tough to believe.
    Very tough, there is more going on, there has to be.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    139.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Very tough, there is more going on, there has to be.
    This has been the Million dollar question. I like Steve (SGC), we have exchanged various texts in the past and I am sure he is a nice guy, but myself having owned a 65 with full modifications identical to his...I managed to trap 128. The other car from member Marko, (white one) trapped 130 on a cold day and his car had a more advanced tune than mines since he was closer to speedriven, However we ran nearly the exact same ET's. I ran a 10.72 and he ran a 10.73,

    Steve's car however is picking up nearly 30 MPH in the back end of the quarter...that is astonishing. Discrepancy in MPH from my run and his is nearly 10 MPH, ...that is flying!!! His dyno made 700 whp with 800 something in torque, Marko and I made 700 rwhp and 900+ rwtq...

    Again big congrats to steve and my hats off to him but I am just having a hard time digesting the data and discrepancies between the runs. I know many will say DA affects the runs, absolutely but still should not be by this much. Who knows, perhaps the runs are legit and we are just pulling our hairs here. Doesn't matter what he used or didn't use, the point is the man ran 10.20's that is just to praise.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V12Godspeed Click here to enlarge
    Steve's car however is picking up nearly 30 MPH in the back end of the quarter...that is astonishing. Discrepancy in MPH from my run and his is nearly 10 MPH, ...that is flying!!! His dyno made 700 whp with 800 something in torque, Marko and I made 700 rwhp and 900+ rwtq...
    Yep... there is more to it than this, just not sure what.

    + this was major positive DA...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4
    Rep Points
    8.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    uummmm.......some funny gas would not hurt either guys.
    150 shot would pull these numbers.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by greekviking Click here to enlarge
    uummmm.......some funny gas would not hurt either guys.
    150 shot would pull these numbers.
    That is quite right, would need to be a heck of a large shot, but the claim was no nitrous?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    212
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Just an FYI header and tune C63s gain 30mph on the backhalf as well.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    Just an FYI header and tune C63s gain 30mph on the backhalf as well.
    That's true but this is more about the ultimate trap speed in positive DA. Much, much higher than any stock turbo 65 thus far on turbos alone, right?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    212
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's true but this is more about the ultimate trap speed in positive DA. Much, much higher than any stock turbo 65 thus far on turbos alone, right?
    No question about that, was just saying about the 30mph comment, C63s seem to be doing that N/A with regularity.

    I tend to believe the RENNtech claims of no spray or nitrous. I don't think Hartmut is in a position where he needs to lie and neither is SGC. They've openly admitted to some very expensive and exotic modifications (ceramic rotors, CF driveshaft, smaller rear rotors to fit a 17" rim, car was gutted, race gas tune ecu/tcu, prototype airboxes, in trunk ice res, and stall converter, etc). Lots of changes since the last time out and I think the car still has more in it as it sits.

    Granted the CLs are a bit heavier than the SL's but we've seen one of those trap 128+ with just tuning and filters that were half blocking the air inlets.

    My guess is it's possible and there's a lot of speculation because no one's done it before (with this exact package of parts or even close to it), but in the end I don't think the numbers are too far out of line.

    I like that RT is focusing on eliminating weight, the 65s sure could lose a bunch.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    Granted the CLs are a bit heavier than the SL's but we've seen one of those trap 128+ with just tuning and filters that were half blocking the air inlets.
    This is 10 mph higher than a lighter car...

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    My guess is it's possible and there's a lot of speculation because no one's done it before (with this exact package of parts or even close to it), but in the end I don't think the numbers are too far out of line.

    I like that RT is focusing on eliminating weight, the 65s sure could lose a bunch.
    With all the other big $ mods are we really to believe the turbos were not touched?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    212
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is 10 mph higher than a lighter car...
    What's 300lbs when you have 950lb/ft? Click here to enlarge Look at the header/tune C63s trapping 10mph higher than tune only. It's about average HP/TQ and what's put to the ground.



    With all the other big $ mods are we really to believe the turbos were not touched?
    SGC was quoted as saying they tried BS turbos and didn't gain, they tried prototype larger ICs they didn't gain either. In this situation you can really only go by what's posted and who posted it. So far I don't think RENNtech or SGC have ever given reason to doubt them.

    Kind of cool to see someone using stock turbos and wrecking those using larger ones.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,432
    Rep Points
    32,144.0
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    SGC was quoted as saying they tried BS turbos and didn't gain, they tried prototype larger ICs they didn't gain either. In this situation you can really only go by what's posted and who posted it. So far I don't think RENNtech or SGC have ever given reason to doubt them.

    Kind of cool to see someone using stock turbos and wrecking those using larger ones.
    With that kind of trap compared to the body of work for this motor I simply have to remain skeptical. It doesn't add up for me.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    212
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    With that kind of trap compared to the body of work for this motor I simply have to remain skeptical. It doesn't add up for me.
    I can respect that, but until proven otherwise I personally believe what they say. There will be other quick and fast stock turbo 65s debuting this season I'm sure, maybe one of them can come close.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •