Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They are upset over the way it was portrayed which was misleading.

why misleading?

the car broke down after being driven the way it was 'designed' to be driven. if anything every single tesla owner should sue tesla for a $#@!ty design that will break if you track it. $#@! that, this is a legit review; they drove what was supposed to be a sportscar and it couldnt perform as a sportscar. Thats teslas fault, not anyone elses; just showing that is the case shouldnt be illegal. If anything it should be promoted more often so people dont make mistakes by buying $#@!ty cars like teslas.

Tesla, cool concept; $#@!ty car.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I have to agree with DB on this one. It would definitely affect my decision if i was on the fence. And i kind of am. Not planning to buy an electric car soon, but will be oneday (i figure my e36 will be my last gasoline car) and when i am it'll be a sportscar. Now as it sits, the Tesla spec as stated would give me, in my current situation, JUST enough juice to say, do South Beach for the night - get me there and back with modest cruising while there - but another 50 miles less juice and it's out of reach.

So there's just a personal example of why these results would be important to me, though i'd certainly not let an article make my decision. It would motivate me to look into it, however.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    $#@! these greenie cars. I will spit hydrocarbons in their face anyday.

Buncha whiney $#@!y liberals complaining about how their car wasn't 'tested' right for the show...BS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    $#@! these greenie cars. I will spit hydrocarbons in their face anyday.
    hehe, i like this guy Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    why misleading?

the car broke down after being driven the way it was 'designed' to be driven. if anything every single tesla owner should sue tesla for a $#@!ty design that will break if you track it. $#@! that, this is a legit review; they drove what was supposed to be a sportscar and it couldnt perform as a sportscar. Thats teslas fault, not anyone elses; just showing that is the case shouldnt be illegal. If anything it should be promoted more often so people dont make mistakes by buying $#@!ty cars like teslas.
    Did you watch the original Top Gear show? They made it look like it ran out of juice when it didn't, it was very misleading.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Did you watch the original Top Gear show? They made it look like it ran out of juice when it didn't, it was very misleading.
    never watched the show, so much money in tv, forums are better anyway, more horizontal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by susan28 Click here to enlarge
    hehe, i like this guy Click here to enlarge
    oh you havent heard me yet...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    oh you havent heard me yet...
    Got my ears on, you may fire at your discretion Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

"I prefer to use rare Blue Whale blubber oil as fuel. It is 950$ a gallon and 152 octane, takes a whole dead whale to fill up my tank. But this is big boy stuff."

"It comes from their vision dynamics program. Probably some 'green' friendly hybrid eco car that runs off of people $#@! and produces pure water and bunnies as exhaust."

some of my famous quotes

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Big Boy Stuff, hehe.. that'd shut 'em down Click here to enlarge

No bunny exhaust, they breed like rabbits!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Are you serious?
    This is THE most popular carSHOW worldwide! The only true reference (if any) is the laptime the Stig makes with a car. Next thing you say is you base your choice of car on the position it gets on the Cool Wall, which is just as ridiculous.
    People who really base their car purchase on the comments made in Top Gear are clueless and probably do not deserve better.
    I personally think Top Gear is funny as hell, and do not miss any single episode. But if I would value the opinion of Jeremy Clarckson I would now drive around in a Holden V8 (because he claimed it was the most fun he ever had on 4 wheels).
    Which is never gonna happen.
    Yes i am serious. People who dont know any better takes this show in. I dont think it is even funny anymore. I used to watch the show along time ago before all the car racing with another car strap to the roof , racing wood buses with lawnmor engines and screaming and yelling every five seconds. The show went completely Hollywood! Its now more stupidity than actual performance driving of nice cars. Even the same words and phrases are used through out every episode.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Suck it Tesla. The law suit against Top Gear and Jeremy Clarkson was dismissed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    If they were a vendor on a BMW forum, they would have been long gone by now.
    depends which forum Click here to enlarge on some of them, they would be the pinnacle of R&D with over 300 cars sold but only just over 100 sold in reality Click here to enlarge

too bad for them, how do they figiure they have a chance? they didnt spread false information, they had 2 cars on the show, both were garbage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

ah, n/m this was a revival. i thought id seen it before

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Teslas are crap, I rented one in Newport Beach a couple years ago and it was dead after driving from Newport Beach up to West Hollywood and back(100 mile round trip), I had to have the car towed from the 405 in Fountain Valley back to Newport Beach. The cars are complete crap and if BBC network wants me to testify on their behalf they know where they can find me.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Neighbor has one, see him driving it pretty frequently. That's all I've got to add.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Teslas are crap, I rented one in Newport Beach a couple years ago and it was dead after driving from Newport Beach up to West Hollywood and back(100 mile round trip), I had to have the car towed from the 405 in Fountain Valley back to Newport Beach. The cars are complete crap and if BBC network wants me to testify on their behalf they know where they can find me.
    Same happened to me in London, in a car called Gee Whiz. What a pill of crap! After just 2 hours driving in city, we ended up being towed to a street that we could charge the car.
    What sucks in these EV cars, is you can't hold a gallon and wait for someone to fill your gallon with electricity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know about this Top Gear review thing but I drove my friends Tesla on track and it didn't last 2 laps, the car seriously understeers and it handles funny ... there's no balance....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jonkoh Click here to enlarge
    I don't know about this Top Gear review thing but I drove my friends Tesla on track and it didn't last 2 laps, the car seriously understeers and it handles funny ... there's no balance....
    Well it's a hell of a lot heavier with the batteries. The chassis was not designed for that much weight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

They are absolutely right to sue. It may just be entertainment but people accept it as fact. The show presented the car as if it ran out of juice which was a lie.
    Gotta love America..everyone has a lawyer and loves to sue. This lawsuit would be an absolute joke anywhere else in the world.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Gotta love America..everyone has a lawyer and loves to sue. This lawsuit would be an absolute joke anywhere else in the world.
    Based on what was presented I felt they had a case and they were going after the BBC...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Based on what was presented I felt they had a case and they were going after the BBC...
    Based upon an old show and the presenters personal opinions? Give me a break.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

They are absolutely right to sue. It may just be entertainment but people accept it as fact. The show presented the car as if it ran out of juice which was a lie.

i agree they do have a legit beef, topgear would make someone do something that they weren't thinking about, but if someone is thinking about buying one and then happens to see that episode it can push them over the edge in either direction, so if the car was misrepresented there right

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

But us law only applies to the us so what are trying to achieve? Are you guys actually saying us law should apply outside the us?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Based upon an old show and the presenters personal opinions? Give me a break.
    A show with huge viewership that certainly has a journalistic quality to it and can greatly affect public opinion. So, if they essentially lied and it affected Tesla's bottom line, yep, that certainly is reason right there.

This is still playing out in court so let's see how it goes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast