Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

601 horsepower naturally aspirated M156 / C63 AMG package from Wimmer Racing - 19,900 Euros

Wimmer Racing has released an upgrade package for the C63 which takes the M156 V8 to 601 horsepower. They achieve this figure through a head and cam package. In addition, they modify the headers, intake, and the rest of the exhaust along with a tune. This is a pretty expensive package and there are no dynos or performance numbers to support the claims.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

601 rwhp?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    601 rwhp?
    Crank I believe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Sounds like a huge waste of money then. 601 crank HP? Just run yourself over to Craig at RPM and get the Tune + MHP header package for $6500 installed. That package has to be close to 600 crank HP. Even if its not, you would still have $20,000 USD left to get it done. Gotta be rwhp...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

yea that is big wood for no boost lol...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a huge waste of money then. 601 crank HP? Just run yourself over to Craig at RPM and get the Tune + MHP header package for $6500 installed. That package has to be close to 600 crank HP. Even if its not, you would still have $20,000 USD left to get it done. Gotta be rwhp...
    You can be over 600 crank HP by getting Craigs MHP headers and tune + getting the akra titanium exhaust and renntech carbon airbox. That should leave you with $13000 to spend on tires and gas! lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

It's listed as crank and yes, there are much better options available for less money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The MHP package produces roughly 480 to 600 hp at the crank. However, it is more important to note that the package does not only produce high horsepower numbers on the dyno, it has actually shown very impressive performance on the track - many different tracks by many different customers. So the power gains are very consistent across the C-Class line and is very repeatable.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    The MHP package produces roughly 480 to 600 hp at the crank. However, it is more important to note that the package does not only produce high horsepower numbers on the dyno, it has actually shown very impressive performance on the track - many different tracks by many different customers. So the power gains are very consistent across the C-Class line and is very repeatable.
    Very true. Unfortunately with this package, there are no dyno numbers and there are no track times.

Unfortunately, European tuners tend to just put out press releases like this with nothing to support it claiming large crank figures. This is yet another reason why I believe many US tuners are better as they support their claims with real world performance numbers, like on the strip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

^ they don't don't publish dynos because they don't need it . but in U.S it's different , no one believes you untill you show something to support your claiming !
    it's kind of a dirty race between every tuner in U.S from smallest tuners to the biggest .
    i was amazed when i said my car put XXX number on dyno in a forum which was full of U.S members , everyone called me a lier since i didn't have the graph but i've never seen something like this when i was in Europe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    they don't don't publish dynos because they don't need it . but in U.S it's different , no one believes you untill you show something to support your claiming !
    That is how it should be. European tuners claim whatever numbers they want. Even G-power makes bold claims and doesn't support them. I e-mailed them a long time ago to ask who verified or how they came to their top speed record only to be continually delayed and eventually they just dropped it.

it's kind of a dirty race between every tuner in U.S from smallest tuners to the biggest .
    No, it's proper competition. Europeans seem to be more into brand names (Hamann, Brabus, Ruf, etc.) and Americans are more into real performance.

i was amazed when i said my car put XXX number on dyno in a forum which was full of U.S members , everyone called me a lier since i didn't have the graph but i've never seen something like this when i was in Europe.
    Well usually if you get a dyno you have a graph. If you don't have a graph to go with the claim, it should be dismissed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well usually if you get a dyno you have a graph. If you don't have a graph to go with the claim, it should be dismissed.
    well things are a bit different here , when someone says my car has this much HP on wheels most people believe him ! because why would he lie about ? it's not a big deal !
    i'm one of the dirtiest persons you can meet when it comes to business ,which i'm not proud of but that's must be done for living, but i just don't understand why would i lie about my car WHP ?! or 1/4 mile time ?
    or worse , calling another person as a lier just because he doesn't have a graph ?
    seconds are flying away but people instead of getting better , they get worse !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I think it's the inherent competitive nature of Americans combined with the general shadyness of people that work on cars.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

well things are a bit different here , when someone says my car has this much HP on wheels most people believe him ! because why would he lie about ? it's not a big deal !
    i'm one of the dirtiest persons you can meet when it comes to business ,which i'm not proud of but that's must be done for living, but i just don't understand why would i lie about my car WHP ?! or 1/4 mile time ?
    or worse , calling another person as a lier just because he doesn't have a graph ?
    Well I don't believe people just because they say something. I have this strange thing I do called thinking which leads to skepticism and analyzation.

People lie about dynos and such on the internet, happens all the time. The fact remains, showing a graph removes the skepticism and proves what one is saying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

showing a graph removes the skepticism and proves what one is saying.
    well yes , it's better to shut others mouth before they even open it !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I dont see how you can be a dirty business man on one hand but take someones word on something when it comes to doing business on the other hand. Your either a terrible business man or your full of it.

Dont make a claim if you dont have the data to back it up. How can they say they are pushing 601 crank HP if they didnt dyno it? Someone just looked at it and said.. yeah... 600 should sell a lot of these packages. Or they DID dyno it and only they can see the dyno graph. Everyone else must take their word on it? LOL.. Silly Euro's. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

I dont see how you can be a dirty business man on one hand but take someones word on something when it comes to doing business on the other hand. Your either a terrible business man or your full of it.

Dont make a claim if you dont have the data to back it up. How can they say they are pushing 601 crank HP if they didnt dyno it? Someone just looked at it and said.. yeah... 600 should sell a lot of these packages. Or they DID dyno it and only they can see the dyno graph. Everyone else must take their word on it? LOL.. Silly Euro's. Click here to enlarge
    different cultures , different opinions .
    i don't take a punk's word , but when someone nice comes and claim something like dyno HP , it's not that important for me to ask him dyno graph ....
    and i'm not a terrible business man , started to both working and studying when i was 17 and after 10 years i have almost anything i want except a god damn passport Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It's the same reason why people exagerate on their dick size. They do it because it makes them feel good about being better than the next guy. If a tuner states that he has 601 horsepower, then he better back it up with dyno charts or slips.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I am Jeff Click here to enlarge
    It's the same reason why people exagerate on their dick size. They do it because it makes them feel good about being better than the next guy. If a tuner states that he has 601 horsepower, then he better back it up with dyno charts or slips.
    Amen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

different cultures , different opinions .
    i don't take a punk's word , but when someone nice comes and claim something like dyno HP , it's not that important for me to ask him dyno graph ....
    and i'm not a terrible business man , started to both working and studying when i was 17 and after 10 years i have almost anything i want except a god damn passport Click here to enlarge
    That is true. I cant take it to another level to find some common ground with you. When Mercedes releases a car and says "It comes stock with 451HP" no one asks for a dyno graph. The buyers just take their word on it. So I hear ya. Its a matter of whos selling in some cases.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

That is true. I cant take it to another level to find some common ground with you. When Mercedes releases a car and says "It comes stock with 451HP" no one asks for a dyno graph. The buyers just take their word on it. So I hear ya. Its a matter of whos selling in some cases.
    I think we can take Mercedes at their word.

It's a little different when Mercedes claims 451 horsepower and Randomforumdouche claims 800 whp because his cousin tuned his car and added a new air filter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I think we can take Mercedes at their word.

It's a little different when Mercedes claims 451 horsepower and Randomforumdouche claims 800 whp because his cousin tuned his car and added a new air filter.
    Like I said, I was trying to find a common ground where I could agree with his point. In the case of Mercedes we just take their word.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Like I said, I was trying to find a common ground where I could agree with his point. In the case of Mercedes we just take their word.
    I understand your point about Mercedes. However, with all the strict regulations nowadays, especially for car companies, they would NOT be able to lie about horsepower output, as their engines are constantly being tested and they have to verify claims to the different agencies. That's why car companies started becoming more specific with advertised figures, such as, 451 hp or 337 hp instead of 450 hp or 335 hp.

I do agree with you that as customers, in general, we should be critical and careful on what to accept as truth when the information is coming directly from the company that is selling the product Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    I understand your point about Mercedes. However, with all the strict regulations nowadays, especially for car companies, they would NOT be able to lie about horsepower output, as their engines are constantly being tested and they have to verify claims to the different agencies. That's why car companies started becoming more specific with advertised figures, such as, 451 hp or 337 hp instead of 450 hp or 335 hp.

I do agree with you that as customers, in general, we should be critical and careful on what to accept as truth when the information is coming directly from the company that is selling the product Click here to enlarge
    What about the horsepower output being greater than advertised like the P31? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

What about the horsepower output being greater than advertised like the P31? Click here to enlarge
    Nothing wrong with over delivering.. underrating always beats exaggerating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast