0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

How to find slope

How to find slope

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    congrats Andy, this is going to be good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    Do you know how the CARB exemption is coming?

Coming from the Camaro community it's really sad to see the lack of systems being approved and just the slow process in general. Plus, the money to have a car tested. I hear it's like 30K.
    Hey Jacob!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Actually I do, they are working on having this relatively soon. It's something Weistec is taking pride in.

It is very difficult to get CARB exemption and it rarely happens in the German performance aftermarket. Domestics are another thing entirely, especially since you guys have about a billion options.
    +1. They do take pride in the CARB cert and it's on it's way as Sticky said.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Interesting development... look forward to seeing some dyno/track results, when available.

Good stuff.
    Thanks Brett, always nice to hear from you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    congrats Andy, this is going to be good.
    Thanks Hagi!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    excuse me but one thing bugs me here , MHP was one of those tuners/people who said FI won't work for M156 and this is going to be a fail ....
    But now MHP side is changed and you guys are in a parternship with a company which makes FI kits for M156 , so it means FI got your thumbs up or what ?
    thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    excuse me but one thing bugs me here , MHP was one of those tuners/people who said FI won't work for M156 and this is going to be a fail ....
    But now MHP side is changed and you guys are in a parternship with a company which makes FI kits for M156 , so it means FI got your thumbs up or what ?
    thanks
    He does raise an interesting point here and is correct.

I think MHP has shifted their stance a bit as we get a better understanding of what the limits are. On low boost, it seems the trans can take it and the farthest Wesitec is going right now is a Stage 2 setup. Once those levels are probed we will see where things go but MHP is going to be a part of hitting those limits.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Hey Jacob!
    What's up, Andy! Nice seeing you here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I am Jeff Click here to enlarge
    This should shut up those naysayers that accused you of bashing a Weistec. Now you're their exclusive tuner. Congratulations Andy!
    That was before they "spoke" and partnered up apparently, pretty ironic situation here though.

A very good point.
    Actually its a very bad point, they did bash and now they partnered up. Partnering up doesnt mean they didnt bash them before. Again, its just ironic.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    thanks
    Agreed above...

He does raise an interesting point here and is correct.

I think MHP has shifted their stance a bit as we get a better understanding of what the limits are. On low boost, it seems the trans can take it and the farthest Wesitec is going right now is a Stage 2 setup. Once those levels are probed we will see where things go but MHP is going to be a part of hitting those limits.
    Of course its ok for MHP even after that thread, im just not going to say anything Sticky (dont let this board become like others)...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I keep trying to give this a rest but people bring it up, so be it. I dont like BS...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP
    A 30 second vid and everyone thinks the impossible is possible. LOL. Let's go over a couple reasons why this blower will never work or sell.

Unless they cracked the Holy Grail and I don't see that being the case, this car will $#@! a trans in the first week.

Converter: LOL, just LOL for now.

In summation I feel this will be the most overanticipated and underdelivering mod yet for the M156, cost per $, and that is if they can not only get it to run, but to do so without grenading the driveline first.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Actually its a very bad point, they did bash and now they partnered up. Partnering up doesnt mean they didnt bash them before. Again, its just ironic.
    No, some just interpreted as bashing instead of the constructive criticism it was. If they were truly interested in bashing or did bash there would not be a mutually beneficial relationship. Once again, asking for support of claims isn't bashing.

Of course its ok for MHP even after that thread, im just not going to say anything Sticky (dont let this board become like others)...
    How would it become like others? It is nothing like the others and I don't think it ever will be, I certainly don't want that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I keep trying to give this a rest but people bring it up, so be it. I dont like BS...
    Yes, that is the quote everyone remembers.

I think MHP is learning along with everyone else that mild boost works on these motors as well as what the software limits are. This is a learning process for everyone and I would bet MHP's stance is different now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I'm actually in agreeement with MHP's original statement. I don't doubt that supercharging and tuning the m156 will yield lots of output. I'm interested in knowing what's being done to prevent the tranny from blowing up like Keiths (Dads) Tranny.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To further on what was expounded on originally in the OP, our stance hasn't changed, we are still very weary of the trans/converter issues, TCU, etc, on higher boost apps the cast pistons will come into question along with fuel system, etc. I've brought these issues up in discussions with Weistec and we will continue to closely monitor the limitations and potential problem areas that we've discovered in high torque 722.9 applications.

We are simply filling a void in a market that demands different and more advanced products. Anyone willing to push the limits of the drivetrain will be made aware of the limitations by us before we touch their ECU, there will be no sugar coating.

I think the ported head comparison will also lend credibility to the fact we're working together to create better products for consumers even if testing to net accurate results is a total PITA--Sticky I expect to see you there Click here to enlarge . Click here to enlarge It's nice to have more trustworthy vendors/manufacturers to work with and will only serve to benefit the end user more day by day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's up, Andy! Nice seeing you here.
    Stick around bud. I think you'll like it here Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Stick around bud. I think you'll like it here Click here to enlarge
    For sure. I plan to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We're not big fans of BS either. Click here to enlarge

There are going to be problems with the drivelines, this has been documented and again we retract nothing previously posted, the next step will be focusing on how to work through them together with Weistec.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To further on what was expounded on originally in the OP, our stance hasn't changed, we are still very weary of the trans/converter issues, TCU, etc, on higher boost apps the cast pistons will come into question along with fuel system, etc. I've brought these issues up in discussions with Weistec and we will continue to closely monitor the limitations and potential problem areas that we've discovered in high torque 722.9 applications.

We are simply filling a void in a market that demands different and more advanced products. Anyone willing to push the limits of the drivetrain will be made aware of the limitations by us before we touch their ECU, there will be no sugar coating.

I think the ported head comparison will also lend credibility to the fact we're working together to create better products for consumers even if testing to net accurate results is a total PITA--Sticky I expect to see you there Click here to enlarge . Click here to enlarge It's nice to have more trustworthy vendors/manufacturers to work with and will only serve to benefit the end user more day by day.
    Regarding the torque converter, is it the actual mechanical durability that is in question, and/or is there an issue with factory-set lockup and/or stall rating when the blower is installed?

The reason I ask is because your LT/tune packages make very close to the same amount of hp as the stage 1 Weistec application and you don't hear very much about TC's blowing with the use of LT's and tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    is it the actual mechanical durability that is in question, and/or is there an issue with factory-set lockup and/or stall rating when the blower is installed?
    I believe all this talk has been of electronic limits and not physical ones.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I believe all this talk has been of electronic limits and not physical ones.
    Gotcha.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Regarding the torque converter, is it the actual mechanical durability that is in question, and/or is there an issue with factory-set lockup and/or stall rating when the blower is installed?

The reason I ask is because your LT/tune packages make very close to the same amount of hp as the stage 1 Weistec application and you don't hear very much about TC's blowing with the use of LT's and tune.
    We're dealing with both mechanical and electronic limitations. The converter has 3 relatively small clutches and simply can't handle massive torque, it's the weakest link. Next up is the trans and it's TCU torque limiters.

You are correct about the HP, what kills drivelines (in order): 1) Torque 2) RPM 3) Heat. While our S2 kits make about the same power, we don't make as much torque and especially not across the board.

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

congrats andy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    congrats andy
    Thanks Rob!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

How about on a p31? $#@! it just make a trans adapter for a 4l80e and well be all set! I smell 9 sec benz's finally in the us... I think some one in europe has a 9 sec 190E or what ever model had the cossie 2.3L in it

Click here to enlarge

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    How about on a p31? $#@! it just make a trans adapter for a 4l80e and well be all set! I smell 9 sec benz's finally in the us... I think some one in europe has a 9 sec 190E or what ever model had the cossie 2.3L in it

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...b190e336-1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    That's awesome, I would love to know more about that car. Any vids?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

MHP, i remember reading where you said the factory ecu didnt have enough fuel maps or wouldnt allow FI to be tuned as the factory ecu wouldnt allow you to tune the correct amount of fuel required (correct me if i am wrong). How did you over come this issue? I am keen to go FI but after reading your previous posts i am worried.

thanks
    h.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast