Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    We're dealing with both mechanical and electronic limitations. The converter has 3 relatively small clutches and simply can't handle massive torque, it's the weakest link. Next up is the trans and it's TCU torque limiters.

You are correct about the HP, what kills drivelines (in order): 1) Torque 2) RPM 3) Heat. While our S2 kits make about the same power, we don't make as much torque and especially not across the board.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the response, Andy.

Sorry it took a minute to respond on my part.

Since rpm is right up there as a killer of drivelines, how do drivers deal with the torque and rpm during burnouts? I know there are different views on whether one should shift or not. Sorry for going off topic, but it just seems like a burnout would marry two of the main culprits for hurting a driveline. But, burnouts are still necessary when you're at the strip.

And I understand your point about the LT's and tune not making as much torque as the blower application. Still amazing what this car can do with LT's and a tune. Seems like this twin screw would make a lot of torque with this motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Subscrizzled!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the response, Andy.

Sorry it took a minute to respond on my part.

Since rpm is right up there as a killer of drivelines, how do drivers deal with the torque and rpm during burnouts? I know there are different views on whether one should shift or not. Sorry for going off topic, but it just seems like a burnout would marry two of the main culprits for hurting a driveline. But, burnouts are still necessary when you're at the strip.

And I understand your point about the LT's and tune not making as much torque as the blower application. Still amazing what this car can do with LT's and a tune. Seems like this twin screw would make a lot of torque with this motor.
    Hey NP bud!

Burnouts aren't really as bad as some people make them out to be simpy because the rear tires spinning = a slip point for the driveline. If the tires are spinning the driveline is unloaded and not really seeing any wear, less the tires Click here to enlarge

Shifting 1-2 during a burnout (if done correctly aka shifting without foot on brake) is also ok though we do recommend a line lock for serious racers.

You hit the nail on the head, the M156 is an incredible engine (thank you AMG) and performs incredibly well with minor bolt-ons and tuning, and should make a ton of torque with the Weistec kit to boot.

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Some really great info in this thread from MHP.

This kind of info is surely missed on MBW, I'm glad I joined here.

Mike

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge

Mike
    Welcome to the club Mike!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I am Jeff Click here to enlarge
    Welcome to the club Mike!
    Thanks Jeff.

No dictatorship here.Click here to enlarge
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats to MHP on the partnership with Weistec. Click here to enlarge

Looks like there is optimism for hope in the information in this thread although there is still potential for heartbreak as well. Lets hope for more of the former! Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge

Mike
    Mike, it's great to see you Jeff, Jim, Mike, Keith, Hagi, Jon, Mort and the rest of the 204 crew over here it's like a reunion LOL. Anyway if you have any questions just ask we are always here to help, purchase not required.

As far as the v3 and v4 blower tuning goes, I think everyone will enjoy Jim's numbers (his car is being tuned by Weistec 100%) which will show the potential of a hotter tune in conjunction with aftermarket exhaust and their supercharger kit. Everyone is tight lipped but the numbers that I'm "envisioning" are solid. Click here to enlarge

I expect Weistec to post soon.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mort Click here to enlarge
    Congrats to MHP on the partnership with Weistec. Click here to enlarge

Looks like there is optimism for hope in the information in this thread although there is still potential for heartbreak as well. Lets hope for more of the former! Click here to enlarge
    Mort,

Thank you! You are correct, as with any mod the proof is in the 30,000 mile pudding, however at this point all signs point to Go.

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RNS-11Z Click here to enlarge
    MHP, i remember reading where you said the factory ecu didnt have enough fuel maps or wouldnt allow FI to be tuned as the factory ecu wouldnt allow you to tune the correct amount of fuel required (correct me if i am wrong). How did you over come this issue? I am keen to go FI but after reading your previous posts i am worried.

thanks
    h.
    Hi Andy, not sure if you saw my question

h.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RNS-11Z Click here to enlarge
    Hi Andy, not sure if you saw my question

h.
    Harun,

Sorry I must have overlooked your question. What we're seeing with the base kit being only 5-6psi is that the stock fuel system can handle it albeit barely. The good news is we can remedy the fuel system issues (at least up to the levels currently being seen) with larger injectors, billet rails and potentially upgraded fuel pump(s).

The purple elephant in the room is still the trans TCU and how it's going to react particularly when shifting at WOT under 100% load. This is also going to be a lot of torque placed continuously on the driveline so mechanically speaking again I would look for the converter to fail first.

I should be at Weistec for the cylinder head comparison by the second week of May and by that time we expect to have some base files to try out on their dyno as well for cars in various stages of tune.

Thanks and sorry I missed it earlier,
    Andy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

thanks for the results andy. much appreciated.

h

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As far as the v3 and v4 blower tuning goes, I think everyone will enjoy Jim's numbers (his car is being tuned by Weistec 100%) which will show the potential of a hotter tune in conjunction with aftermarket exhaust and their supercharger kit. Everyone is tight lipped but the numbers that I'm "envisioning" are solid. Click here to enlarge

I expect Weistec to post soon.

Thanks!
    Andy, so is Weistec tuning JRCART's car with MHP tunes, Weistec tunes, or both? Or is that part of the tight-lipped info?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Andy, so is Weistec tuning JRCART's car with MHP tunes, Weistec tunes, or both? Or is that part of the tight-lipped info?
    JRCART's car is 100% being tuned via Weistec we have nothing to do with the build or tuning on his car.

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

JRCART's car is 100% being tuned via Weistec we have nothing to do with the build or tuning on his car.

Thanks!
    Andy - thanks for clarifying; appreciate it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope this join venture will break Renntech's 1/4 mile record Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bo Knows Click here to enlarge
    I hope this join venture will break Renntech's 1/4 mile record Click here to enlarge
    I think Dads has something up his sleeve for the next rental. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow....just wow!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123