Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Cool MHP Exclusive Performance Tuning for Weistec Superchargers

MHP is exclusively offering v3 CDT and v4 CDT Performance Tuning for Weistec M156 and M159 Supercharger Kit owners that want more than the CARB legal OEM tune yields as far as HP and TQ. MHP is collaborating directly with Weistec Engineering, including the transfer of proprietary IP, to ensure the safety of the remaps. v3 CDT will essentially equate to their S2 tuning, and v4 CDT to their S3 tuning.

No we haven't gone crazy Click here to enlarge There is simply a market for a product we can currently provide and have been given exclusive rights to, and most importantly we feel we can markedly improve upon the base cal with nothing lost in the durability & longevity departments.

The finite limits of the driveline I've posted about many times are going to be recognized and considered in all our calibrations, everything posted still stands. With a S3 cal and a signed liability waiver we'll put sole control of the life of your driveline back in your right foot. Click here to enlarge

We may or may not offer a warranty, typically race files (these are all race files by default no questions asked) don't come with them but it may be an additional option in the future.

You can now also purchase all MHP hardware via Weistec when ordering a supercharger kit, including our thermostats, custom PD blower camshafts, airboxes, headers/mids, etc.
    Last edited by MHP LLC; 03-30-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    pretty cool stuff, offering more extreme tuning for those in search of the most power. Great idea, congrats on the partnership. Have you tuned one yet? If so what were the gains?

Assuming if someone is searching for max power they would be using a pulley that gives more boost...is this an option? Tuning for this?

Also is the tuning just for the SC with stock exhaust etc...or can it be run with your headers and exhaust, and wouldnt that put out way too much power for the tranny?
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice..... so does that mean they won't use Powerchip anymore? Click here to enlarge

What're you doing up so late by the way? Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    pretty cool stuff, offering more extreme tuning for those in search of the most power. Great idea, congrats on the partnership. Have you tuned one yet? If so what were the gains?

Assuming if someone is searching for max power they would be using a pulley that gives more boost...is this an option? Tuning for this?

Also is the tuning just for the SC with stock exhaust etc...or can it be run with your headers and exhaust, and wouldnt that put out way too much power for the tranny?
    We have not tuned one yet, we actually just inked the deal so to speak, but we will have numbers from a MHP tuned Weistec blown car soon. Either a C63 or CLK BS.

Yes tuning for more boost via a pulley is something we will do though it will require supplemental fuel system upgrades supplied by Weistec and the use of specified race fuel.

Like I said in the initial post, some customers are going to push their drivelines to the limit and beyond due to extensive and existing hardware modification. Our job will be to walk the software line so that they don't blow stuff up too quickly. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Nice..... so does that mean they won't use Powerchip anymore? Click here to enlarge

What're you doing up so late by the way? Click here to enlarge
    What are you doing up so late? I'm the certified insomniac. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the reply...looking forward to the results. Congrats
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    What are you doing up so late? I'm the certified insomniac. Click here to enlarge
    LOL, can't sleep before midnight.... just a bad habbit. It's really all your fault.... I can't sleep waiting for the numbers from the new MHP supercharger software package Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They were using Powerchip for their tuning?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    MHP is exclusively offering v3 CDT and v4 CDT Performance Tuning for Weistec M156 and M159 Supercharger Kit owners that want more than the CARB legal OEM tune yields as far as HP and TQ. MHP is collaborating directly with Weistec Engineering, including the transfer of proprietary IP, to ensure the safety of the remaps. v3 CDT will essentially equate to their S2 tuning, and v4 CDT to their S3 tuning.

No we haven't gone crazy Click here to enlarge There is simply a market for a product we can currently provide and have been given exclusive rights to, and most importantly we feel we can markedly improve upon the base cal with nothing lost in the durability & longevity departments.

The finite limits of the driveline I've posted about many times are going to be recognized and considered in all our calibrations, everything posted still stands. With a S3 cal and a signed liability waiver we'll put sole control of the life of your driveline back in your right foot. Click here to enlarge

We may or may not offer a warranty, typically race files (these are all race files by default no questions asked) don't come with them but it may be an additional option in the future.

You can now also purchase all MHP hardware via Weistec when ordering a supercharger kit, including our thermostats, custom PD blower camshafts, airboxes, headers/mids, etc.
    I just want to say congratulations on what is an EXTREMELY interesting development.

What I want to know is who was previously tuning and what caused this switch. Did Weistec contact your or was it the other way around?

Congrats Andy, this is great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They were using Powerchip for their tuning?
    Word on the street is.... they were working closely with Evosport, which uses only Powerchip for their tuning. So I'm pretty sure Powerchip was involved one way or another with their tunes.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Word on the street is.... they were working closely with Evosport, which uses only Powerchip for their tuning. So I'm pretty sure Powerchip was involved one way or another with their tunes.
    I see, this makes sense considering word on the street is they are no longer working closely with Evosport Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thread title edited for spelling change.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was told that Steve the owner of Weistec (former lead engineer for the Saleen S7) did the tuning himself. Not really sure what happened with the Evosport connection, I didn't bring it up as it's not my business, but I have heard a few things myself--and I really hope they aren't true.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just want to say congratulations on what is an EXTREMELY interesting development.

What I want to know is who was previously tuning and what caused this switch. Did Weistec contact your or was it the other way around?

Congrats Andy, this is great.
    Thanks Joe,

We had talked months ago about working together then I believe we both got busy, then recently they got back in touch and we agreed to carry each others hardware. We then began talking about the software end (evidently a few of our customers have already purchased their kits and sent in ECUs with our files on them) and that idea to supply higher performance software quickly turned into a done deal.

They are going to continue to supply their own CARB legal tunes with the kits as standard, however our tuning will be an option so we won't be replacing anything that already exists due to cert. costs, just doing the more advanced files.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Joe,

We had talked months ago about working together then I believe we both got busy, then recently they got back in touch and we agreed to carry each others hardware. We then began talking about the software end (evidently a few of our customers have already purchased their kits and sent in ECUs with our files on them) and that idea to supply higher performance software quickly turned into a done deal.

They are going to continue to supply their own CARB legal tunes with the kits as standard, however our tuning will be an option so we won't be replacing anything that already exists due to cert. costs, just doing the more advanced files.
    For their own tunes do you know who the tuner is?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great news Andy! That will be a formidable package for sure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For their own tunes do you know who the tuner is?
    I was told it was Steve but from this point on I can't say anything else due to the NDAs. It's no one "popular" I will say that.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Great news Andy! That will be a formidable package for sure.
    Thanks Charlie!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This should shut up those naysayers that accused you of bashing a Weistec. Now you're their exclusive tuner. Congratulations Andy!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

This is simply awesome. Great news! I'll def be interested in the blower, once I max out the NA options.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I am Jeff Click here to enlarge
    This should shut up those naysayers that accused you of bashing a Weistec. Now you're their exclusive tuner. Congratulations Andy!
    Thanks Jeff!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    This is simply awesome. Great news! I'll def be interested in the blower, once I max out the NA options.
    Will is the next Dads/Keith only the west coast version LOL!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I am Jeff Click here to enlarge
    A very good point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Do you know how the CARB exemption is coming?

Coming from the Camaro community it's really sad to see the lack of systems being approved and just the slow process in general. Plus, the money to have a car tested. I hear it's like 30K.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    Do you know how the CARB exemption is coming?
    Actually I do, they are working on having this relatively soon. It's something Weistec is taking pride in.

It is very difficult to get CARB exemption and it rarely happens in the German performance aftermarket. Domestics are another thing entirely, especially since you guys have about a billion options.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks for the response.

My last car was domestic. I tried two different blower manufacturers. One, I'm still a big fan of (KB). I don't think either of them have obtained CARB exemption for their 2010 systems, or at least it didn't show on CARB's website last time I checked. Sometimes it takes a while to get posted online.

I'm driving a C63 now.

Weistec should be proud if they obtain CARB exemption in general. Soon would be amazing. I was thinking it would matter most to 08' 63's because they are thee closest to getting smogged.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting development... look forward to seeing some dyno/track results, when available.

Good stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    Weistec should be proud if they obtain CARB exemption in general. Soon would be amazing. I was thinking it would matter most to 08' 63's because they are thee closest to getting smogged.
    It really would be something to be proud of.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast