this is awesome!
    Somethings never change with Propain.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonsC63AMG Click here to enlarge
    Somethings never change with Propain.Click here to enlarge
    Tell you what Jon. Tell me whats not "Tune Only" on my car. Aside from the race fuel that you could be running anyway. Whats ON my car That you think is giving me an unfair advantage over you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Propain's is also tune-only. Pump-tune-only, no less. Don't care if he was on DRs, running 100 unleaded, or has airfilters and a dremelled airbox - those don't change it (for me). One caveat I'd throw in, is if he was on dedicated drag wheels w/ skinnies for that 9.41 - then you're probably not a genuine "tune-only" figure. Same thing if major interior bits were removed... that's borderline IMHO as well.

If you guys were stages, Jon would be Stage 1, Propain would be (arguably) Stage 1+. AFAIK, neither's running any bolt-on power mods; these C63s are more alike than different, honestly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Propain's is also tune-only. Pump-tune-only, no less. Don't care if he was on DRs, running 100 unleaded, or has airfilters and a dremelled airbox - those don't change it (for me). One caveat I'd throw in, is if he was on dedicated drag wheels w/ skinnies for that 9.41 - then you're probably not a genuine "tune-only" figure. Same thing if major interior bits were removed... that's borderline IMHO as well.

If you guys were stages, Jon would be Stage 1, Propain would be (arguably) Stage 1+. AFAIK, neither's running any bolt-on power mods; these C63s are more alike than different, honestly.
    He was using skinnys. I guarantee that 9.4 is with them. Also I say this again-TUNE ONLY IS TUNE ONLY.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He was using skinnys. I guarantee that 9.4 is with them. Also I say this again-TUNE ONLY IS TUNE ONLY.
    AGAIN JON. Stop avoiding the questions with your babble... WHAT on my car makes it NOT tune only. BTW I ran an 11.590 with regular tires up front.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Drag's actually hurt your 60-130. No interior bits removed at all. I also have an extra shift because the 60-130 was during my 1/4 and not a 60-130 run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    AGAIN JON. Stop avoiding the questions with your babble... WHAT on my car makes it NOT tune only. BTW I ran an 11.590 with regular tires up front.
    Why even bother?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why even bother?
    Because you have no answer. You avoid it because you know the outcome. ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He was, and wasn't, throughout the day. Haven't seen him say definitively one way or the other, if the 9.41 was with or without skinnies. I'm sure he'll clarify.

As for the "TUNE ONLY IS TUNE ONLY" circular logic... well, yeah. But people tend to consider "tune + DRs" as "TUNE ONLY" - hell, some guys run some of the better-wearing DRs all the time as their DD tire. People also don't tend to consider aftermarket air filters a "mod" - so now "tune + filters + DRs" is "TUNE ONLY" - etc... it's a matter of opinion. Most agree that "tune + major mod" is no longer "TUNE ONLY" ... major is subjective, but headers, exhaust, nitrous, cams, P&P, etc. are good examples.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Because you have no answer. You avoid it because you know the outcome. ANSWER THE QUESTION.
    I repeat myself again. You have airbox mod,K&Ns,race gas,skinnys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He was, and wasn't, throughout the day. Haven't seen him say definitively one way or the other, if the 9.41 was with or without skinnies. I'm sure he'll clarify.

As for the "TUNE ONLY IS TUNE ONLY" circular logic... well, yeah. But people tend to consider "tune + DRs" as "TUNE ONLY" - hell, some guys run some of the better-wearing DRs all the time as their DD tire. People also don't tend to consider aftermarket air filters a "mod" - so now "tune + filters + DRs" is "TUNE ONLY" - etc... it's a matter of opinion. Most agree that "tune + major mod" is no longer "TUNE ONLY" ... major is subjective, but headers, exhaust, nitrous, cams, P&P, etc. are good examples.
    The 9.41 was without the skinny's. I can verify that using my Vbox data and timestamps. Anything before the 11.590 was WITHOUT skinny's. I didn't swap back and fourth. I didn't put on the skinny's until later in the afternoon. I have many people at the track that can confirm this. Ahmed who I borrowed them from as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Drag's actually hurt your 60-130. No interior bits removed at all. I also have an extra shift because the 60-130 was during my 1/4 and not a 60-130 run.
    Hey Propain. Congrats again. No doubt, I get your point about the shifting, but I don't see how drag wheels/tires hurt 60-130. Adversely affects gearing, perhaps? Certainly doesn't hurt traction, which is crucial... probably also helps quite a bit with rotational weight savings.

Do you have a 60-130 from your 11.59 run w/ regular fronts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

So your saying his time going from 9.6 to 9.4 is from same stock tires up front? LMAO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 9.41 was without the skinny's. I can verify that using my Vbox data and timestamps.
    Cool. Well, with no interior weight savings modifications, nor skinnies up front, I'd call your 9.41 "tune only." One man's opinion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I repeat myself again. You have airbox mod,K&Ns,race gas,skinnys.
    ahh ok... So lets see....

Airbox Mod:

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/4349447-post50.html
    http://www.mbworld.org/forums/4256818-post63.html

K&N's:

I can show you just as many posts with you stating how they do NOTHING and how Bruce from TTM told you so.

Race Gas:

Not a mod.

Skinny's:

I can confirm both the 9.67 AND the 9.41 were done WITHOUT skinny's. I also ran a record beating 11.590 WITHOUT the skinny's. Andy from MHP can confirm. Some idiot stepped in front of the camera right before showing the clock or I would have a video of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Propain. Congrats again. No doubt, I get your point about the shifting, but I don't see how drag wheels/tires hurt 60-130. Adversely affects gearing, perhaps? Certainly doesn't hurt traction, which is crucial... probably also helps quite a bit with rotational weight savings.

Do you have a 60-130 from your 11.59 run w/ regular fronts?
    He 9.6 is most likely from skinnys on a flat road. I was going uphill and got a 9.74-TUNE ONLY NOTHING ELSE.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He 9.6 is most likely from skinnys on a flat road. I was going uphill and got a 9.74-TUNE ONLY NOTHING ELSE.
    Sorry my bad I meant 9.4 with skinnys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So your saying his time going from 9.6 to 9.4 is from same stock tires up front? LMAO
    I'm not saying anything about his times... I wasn't there, but I am going by the comments of those who were, including (obviously) Propain. And, you of all people should know, you can run the same spot two different times without changing anything and improve by 2 tenths on one of them. Unless you're just making up that 9.5. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    STICKY can confirm my 9.41 was BEFORE my 9.67 you twit. Like I said I can also confirm by time stamp and 1/4 times both runs were done WITHOUT skinny's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    STICKY can confirm my 9.41 was BEFORE my 9.67 you twit. Like I said I can also confirm by time stamp and 1/4 times both runs were done WITHOUT skinny's
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    Exactly Jon. Nothing left to say. Now STFU or bring some facts. I have GOBs of data to backup everything I did along with people who were there. The only you have is a Vbox in your car and you. That Vbox could have been in anyones car. Was anyone there to prove your run?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not saying anything about his times... I wasn't there, but I am going by the comments of those who were, including (obviously) Propain. And, you of all people should know, you can run the same spot two different times without changing anything and improve by 2 tenths on one of them. Unless you're just making up that 9.5. Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure you saw my graph. I'm climbing. Need a slight decline to get that 9.5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I can confirm both the 9.67 AND the 9.41 were done WITHOUT skinny's. I also ran a record beating 11.590 WITHOUT the skinny's. Andy from MHP can confirm. Some idiot stepped in front of the camera right before showing the clock or I would have a video of it.
    Just FYI... AFAIK, 11.59 would be "record-tying" for tune-only, not "record-beating." Andy ran a tune-only 11.59 way back in '08. Unless you consider a Carbonio airbox a "mod" (probably would've gone just as quick/fast without it). EDIT: actually, 11.590 would be record-beating... by 5 one-thousandths. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly Jon. Nothing left to say. Now STFU or bring some facts. I have GOBs of data to backup everything I did along with people who were there. The only you have is a Vbox in your car and you. That Vbox could have been in anyones car. Was anyone there to prove your run?
    BOTTOMLINE IS YOUR NOT TUNE ONLY!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast