Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1835 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WIEisME what shop do u work from? Just curious
    Hold on, we are discussing things in e-mail. Hopefully he will be able to advertise shortly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why didn't you consider meth?
    I have been told that meth will not do much NA unless you can specifically add more timing for it and use the extra octane or cool the IAT enough to keep the timing up while avoiding detonation. The problem is if the meth system fails to deliver you may go boom. Not a good system for a DD especially with a MAF sensor because it is not good to spray through a MAF so you also have to run a second IAT sensor downstream in the intake ahead of the meth injector. This may make packaging a problem at the least.

I do run meth in my truck which is turbocharged and it is great for that. It will safely allow more boost to be run and thus more horsepower as a result. But again if the boost is set too high for the octane gas you are running or your timing is set at the edge then a failure in the meth system may result in major component failure.

So meth can make a large difference running FI but not so much so NA.

I don't think I would recommend adding meth directly to the fuel tank. It is very corrosive and would likely have bad results on the fuel system. Also the tune cannot support large amounts of alcohol added directly to the fuel tank and that is for a max of 10% ethanol not methanol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1835 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mort Click here to enlarge
    I have been told that meth will not do much NA unless you can specifically add more timing for it and use the extra octane or cool the IAT enough to keep the timing up while avoiding detonation. The problem is if the meth system fails to deliver you may go boom. Not a good system for a DD especially with a MAF sensor because it is not good to spray through a MAF so you also have to run a second IAT sensor downstream in the intake ahead of the meth injector. This may make packaging a problem at the least.
    Definitely, you raise a good point and I rarely see it used well in NA applications but just something to consider.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12