Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just because YOU cant understand or perceive the notion of something such as time travel doesnt mean it does not or cannot exist. Ignorant people also thought airplanes could never fly because they didnt understanding bernoullis laws of fluid dynamics, they also didnt think we could land on the moon because they didnt understand what happens when you exit the atmosphere. A little bit of curiosity makes you stop framing your mind into only what you perceive and allows you to truly learn.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Just because YOU cant understand or perceive the notion of something such as time travel doesnt mean it does not or cannot exist. Ignorant people also thought airplanes could never fly because they didnt understanding bernoullis laws of fluid dynamics, they also didnt think we could land on the moon because they didnt understand what happens when you exit the atmosphere. A little bit of curiosity makes you stop framing your mind into only what you perceive and allows you to truly learn.
    The world is flat damn you.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Everybody knows time travel is possible .. but unfortunately it's impossible to hit 88mph these days without getting a speeding ticket and an arson charge...
    ~

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    agreed with you 100%

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So the theory is, you can send messages back, but not forward, because that event hasn't happened yet. You can't jump to something that hasn't happened...and anyways, if this were to even be invented, civilians will never know of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ok google search professor Ronald Mallett. He was the first one to actually tangibly attempt time travel. He wrote many post doc papers on the subject and is from the university of connecticut.

His father died when he was like 10, it effected him so greatly, that he became a doctor in theoretical physics to try and discover means for time travel. a lot of people think hes bogus, but he actually did come up with a theory that may end up being true. Using circular light beams he is able to create regions of space that can send/receive data to different points in time.

600 whp s4 you should read a little bit about the theory of relativity before you say time travel is impossible. Time is a vector quantity that goes in one direction, thats all it is. That vector although pointing in one direction has different lengths depending on the gravitational field you experience which can slowdown/speed up time for the observer/bystander. This means that time does not go in the same speed for everyone and that it may not necessarily go in the same direction for everyone; either.

Time dilation is a fundamental law of physics proven by einstein, which means time is not constant everywhere in the universe, it is only relative. You can manipulate it just like you can manipulate matter and energy, we just dont know how, yet.
    Yes you might be able to slow down time or speed it up. But you can not go back into time and see me when i was 5 years old. There is not a place in time or in a vector black hole that has me constantly repeating my day as i acted upon it when i was 5.... think about that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    So the theory is, you can send messages back, but not forward, because that event hasn't happened yet. You can't jump to something that hasn't happened...and anyways, if this were to even be invented, civilians will never know of it.
    NO WRONG. there is no possible way that you can rewatch the past or be relive the past. period you think that there is some way you can see your parents walking and talking ect back when they were kids and interact with them ect. IMPOSSIBLE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    NO WRONG. there is no possible way that you can rewatch the past or be relive the past. period you think that there is some way you can see your parents walking and talking ect back when they were kids and interact with them ect. IMPOSSIBLE
    I never said go in the past, I meant send messages, it will be a different time line...one you cannot know the future of, like 5mins ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigup Click here to enlarge
    Everybody knows time travel is possible .. but unfortunately it's impossible to hit 88mph these days without getting a speeding ticket and an arson charge...
    Haha, I hope others get the reference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You guys are all dumb, this stuff has already been covered. It's all part of the temporal cold war:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Travel back in time and you would end up in a parallel universe, where all the matter is slightly shifted in time,and thus creating parallel universes.
    Furthermore, there would be no way to return to the universe you started from.
    this

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sinister M3 Click here to enlarge
    this
    Nonsense, they did this back in Star Trek IV and that was in the 80's:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nonsense, they did this back in Star Trek IV and that was in the 80's:
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here are the 100 greatest moments in time travel btw: http://www.ugo.com/movies/the-100-gr...travel?page=10

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigup Click here to enlarge
    lmao, quote of the thread Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge

yes you can, you can go back and $#@! your own mother and have yourself as a kid and guess what; it wont affect you because there is a concept call parallelism. When you move through time you automatically create parallel time regimes by which you can affect anything like you normally would, it just wouldnt affect you because you are in a different parallel.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes you can, you can go back and $#@! your own mother and have yourself as a kid and guess what; it wont affect you because there is a concept call parallelism. When you move through time you automatically create parallel time regimes by which you can affect anything like you normally would, it just wouldnt affect you because you are in a different parallel.
    Agreed but lets not forget to mention in Theory.
    As said before our time is only unique to our planet, on other planets 1 year for us would be 12 years (Jupiter).
    That being said if a space ship can hang out by even horizon for 10 years, on earth 20 years would pass meaning you just traveled 10 years in to the future.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    Agreed but lets not forget to mention in Theory.
    As said before our time is only unique to our planet, on other planets 1 year for us would be 12 years (Jupiter).
    That being said if a space ship can hang out by even horizon for 10 years, on earth 20 years would pass meaning you just traveled 10 years in to the future.
    A lot of things are theories just doesnt mean they arent true, it just means there isnt any indisputible experimental evidence to prove it. General relativity is a theory too but guess what, its pretty damn solidified and even experimentally verified yet still a theory.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A lot of things are theories just doesnt mean they arent true, it just means there isnt any indisputible experimental evidence to prove it. General relativity is a theory too but guess what, its pretty damn solidified and even experimentally verified yet still a theory.
    i agree all i am saying for now they are just theories, lets not forget about Poincaré conjecture it was impossible for 100 years but finally was calculated by Dr Grigori Perelman, it's just a matter of time before human reach another intellectual level. I myself want to invent an avatar that would hold my memories so i can live for ever =D after all we are just a brain.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just want to know the lotto numbers...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! that, I want the almanac for 2050 so I can be rich until I probably die...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    $#@! that, I want the almanac for 2050 so I can be rich until I probably die...
    An almanac from the future would take the spice out of life.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    An almanac from the future would take the spice out of life.
    Eh, we can improvise Click here to enlarge But back on topic, I'm pretty sure I died while time traveling, else I'd be here by now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12