Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Wow, that's a HUGE gain from just a tune.

    The 82 mm TB was first developed by RENNtech right before Angela's project, and honestly it took the 55k platform to a whole new level. It is probably one of the mods required to get the car into the 10s. Other smaller shops started using Porsche TB or VW TB when RENNtech released theirs, but those hack jobs ended up causing more problems than they were worth. Nowadays though, I think everybody is using the trouble-free (correct) kit.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    629.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Mo, that is why I am wondering why Andy is going with the 80mm instead of the 82. The 82mm was one of the single most WOW gains with my car. It was a huge difference.
    Last edited by 930chas; 04-08-2011 at 08:26 PM.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Mo, that is why I am wondering why Andy is going with the 80mm instead of the 82. The 82mm was one of the single most WOW gains with my car. It was a huge difference
    You are correct. And believe me Charlie, I tried with him Click here to enlarge

    I think he wants to do it without any RENNtech products first and see how far he can push the limits, and then maybe he'll go all out.

    I don't think he'll use Jeremy's tunes though.... that would defeat the purpose since MHP is a tuner.
    Last edited by Exeenom; 04-08-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Requested by member...
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,453
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Why 80 instead of 82 Andy? Just curious. Also, nice numbers!
    Charlie,

    Ordinarily with any PD blower app we'd want as as large of a TB on there as possible however in this case due to the tuning issues we've seen with 82s vs 80s our minds were made up early on.

    Thank You!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,453
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    You are correct. And believe me Charlie, I tried with him Click here to enlarge

    I think he wants to do it without any RENNtech products first and see how far he can push the limits, and then maybe he'll go all out.

    I don't think he'll use Jeremy's tunes though.... that would defeat the purpose since MHP is a tuner.
    If it comes down to going 82 vs 80 we'll try it but I personally think the difference in quality of software will more than compensate. There will be no OE products or software on this car lol.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    The 82 mm TB was first developed by RENNtech
    Correction. MB initially developed the 82mm TB. It's just sold at a much higher price through renntech. And they aren't the only ones that sell 82mm TB kit

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,213
    Rep Points
    31,316.5
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blackbenzz Click here to enlarge
    Correction. MB initially developed the 82mm TB. It's just sold at a much higher price through renntech. And they aren't the only ones that sell 82mm TB kit
    Who else sells it?

    Guess 82mm is the most popular choice? Anything bigger?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    629.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who else sells it?

    Guess 82mm is the most popular choice? Anything bigger?
    Ahmad actually had a few 82mm tbs that he made and sold. Eurocharged sells an 82mm as does TTM. TTMs is probaby the nicest and most cost effective kit out there right now. There are a few guys running bigger tbs. There hasn't been much feedback on them, so I am guessing the codes and drivability issues are outweighing any performance gains.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blackbenzz Click here to enlarge
    Correction. MB initially developed the 82mm TB. It's just sold at a much higher price through renntech. And they aren't the only ones that sell 82mm TB kit
    Actually, RENNtech was working on their own version about a year or so before Mercedes ever released theirs... only their version was 81.x mm. They started developing the bigger TB looking for more power to add to their packages; their original throttle body was only 78 mm and I believe many people have bugged them about going bigger.

    Also, I meant the 82 mm being used in the context of 55k engines not Mercedes' other engines Click here to enlarge. The RENNtech version never had any problems and worked flawlessly when paired with their newest version air boxes as compared to some of the other throttle bodies on the market which caused quite a few problems for owners.
    Last edited by Exeenom; 04-10-2011 at 07:37 PM.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,051
    Rep Points
    2,765.5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Reputation: Yes | No
    impressive!Click here to enlarge

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who else sells it?

    Guess 82mm is the most popular choice? Anything bigger?
    Charlie pretty covered it pretty well below. 82mm is the biggest one thats marketed as far as I know
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Ahmad actually had a few 82mm tbs that he made and sold. Eurocharged sells an 82mm as does TTM. TTMs is probaby the nicest and most cost effective kit out there right now. There are a few guys running bigger tbs. There hasn't been much feedback on them, so I am guessing the codes and drivability issues are outweighing any performance gains.
    Yup. None of the people that bought mine ever reported having any issues. It's when guys use Audi and Porsche TB's that they tend to run into problems.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Actually, RENNtech was working on their own version about a year or so before Mercedes ever released theirs... only their version was 81.x mm. They started developing the bigger TB looking for more power to add to their packages; their original throttle body was only 78 mm and I believe many people have bugged them about going bigger.

    Also, I meant the 82 mm being used in the context of 55k engines not Mercedes' other engines Click here to enlarge. The RENNtech version never had any problems and worked flawlessly when paired with their newest version air boxes as compared to some of the other throttle bodies on the market which caused quite a few problems for owners.
    Uhh next time you see a "Renntech" 82mm TB look and see what MB part number is on it, unless they scratched it off. I don't understand how you think they developed the TB itself when it has a mercedes part number. What's the big secret? 82mm TB people use is from a MB 550 engine. How much is their TB again? LMAO.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blackbenzz Click here to enlarge
    Uhh next time you see a "Renntech" 82mm TB look and see what MB part number is on it, unless they scratched it off. I don't understand how you think they developed the TB itself when it has a mercedes part number. What's the big secret? 82mm TB people use is from a MB 550 engine. How much is their TB again? LMAO.
    I know that is what they ended up settling on; however, before the 550 engine was released, they were working on a couple of their own versions, an 80 mm and an 81.x mm. Once Mercedes released theirs, they ended up settling on a customized version of that. I believe they provide two different versions: one for stock air boxes and one for V3 air boxes so customers don't have to modify their parts.


    By the way, Serge developed a 90 mm TB and was working on a 100 mm version although I don't know if that ever went through.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •