Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

MBworld prevents paying vendor from organizing group buy of parts they don't agree with

Hey Jeff! Good to see everyone I know! Click here to enlarge

On the subject it seems RPM is having a battle with MBW right now. They got a nice group buy going on Headers + Tune installed. They are not stating is MHP but I guess thats the issue. If they are a shop vendor and not a tune vendor they should be able to sell whatever brand they want. Threads keep getting deleted and now Staff-RPM has a "On probation" under his name. Seems like some drama is about to go down...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I agree...It's total BS how they are singling out MHP. If they hate ANDY and everything related to him, fine BAN him. I don't see any rationale where they can prevent RPM (a sponsor) from advertising "private label" parts. They didn't stop powerchip or anyone selling powerchip products when all that $#@! was going down with Wayne. I don't see their rationale other than personal vendetta.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It's a shame...that's about three times they've deleted their thread about the header group buy. You would have thought a moderator would have at least closed the thread with a remark??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    On the subject it seems RPM is having a battle with MBW right now. They got a nice group buy going on Headers + Tune installed. They are not stating is MHP but I guess thats the issue. If they are a shop vendor and not a tune vendor they should be able to sell whatever brand they want. Threads keep getting deleted and now Staff-RPM has a "On probation" under his name. Seems like some drama is about to go down...
    Not sure I fully understand this. The problem is due to RPM trying to sell MHP parts?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I am Jeff Click here to enlarge
    I agree...It's total BS how they are singling out MHP. If they hate ANDY and everything related to him, fine BAN him. I don't see any rationale where they can prevent RPM (a sponsor) from advertising "private label" parts. They didn't stop powerchip or anyone selling powerchip products when all that $#@! was going down with Wayne. I don't see their rationale other than personal vendetta.
    Evosport is in bed with Powerchip, which is why Wayne has always received favorable treatment. Rumors are there was (maybe is?) a large outstanding balance Evosport owed Powerchip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They didn't delete it fast enough, here it is Click here to enlarge :

Click here to enlarge

Someone please explain to me what is so bad about that? Why can't a paying vendor organize a group buy? What exactly are they paying for, to only list products Evosport approves? F that.

I'm e-mailing RPM right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With the looks of it, RPM is soon to be blacklisted himself if he keeps posting that Header/tune group buy on MBW. lolz They've probably already issued him a infraction notice. What a bunch of gestapos!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I am Jeff Click here to enlarge
    With the looks of it, RPM is soon to be blacklisted himself if he keeps posting that Header/tune group buy on MBW. lolz They've probably already issued him a infraction notice. What a bunch of gestapos!
    Seriously, it's insane.

How do they get these mindless drones to be moderators though? Seriously, nobody speaks up? Being a mod on Mbworld enforcing the policy of people who just want to control members and use the board for their own profit is somehow glamorous?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I saw that thread and was wondering where it went. Good to know. Thanks propain
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    has anyone had any experience with RPM? Ive heard of them only through a few friends who pulled their cars out of their in disgust, but I guess thats for another thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Ive heard of them only through a few friends who pulled their cars out of their in disgust, but I guess thats for another thread.
    Perhaps not.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hahahaha i cant wait till MBW dies out!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    hahahaha i cant wait till MBW dies out!
    It won't, but if there is a viable alternative it will put pressure on them.

The main thing is taking power and control away from them. It's impossible to kill them off completely, but it is possible to loosen the grip they have.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to brad,simon,evosport&mbw. they mite as well change the name to khadafi-world since that's basically how they run that site,being fair&following your own TOU clearly disappeared years ago. hypocrisy&bias are the only rules to which they apply. but what is even more shocking(and pathetic)is that flock-of-sheep mentality that the majority of members have,they dare not speak up against the powers that be or face the consequences...yet members like JRCART&LZH(amongst others) can post whatever they please,bash any members that dont agree w them&yet continue to thrive on that site. absolutely pure&utter BS since the "lesser" members get handed out infractions&ultimately get banned for doing the same...but you get cart blanche on mbw when you spend big money at evosport so who is fooling who?
    F MBW FTMFL!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    yet members like JRCART&LZH(amongst others) can post whatever they please,
    You spend that much with them and they will kiss your ass too.

Jrcart told me to my face he spent $80k with them. Is anyone surprised he can get away with what he wants? He bought free speech.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    exactly my point sticky,at the end of the day who are you fooling in order to get that special privledge of free-speech-for-pay. in my book,that just makes you a sell-out&extremely shallow...and the fact that the entire website is completly aware of it makes it that much worse. id never be able to show my face in public if i was in his shoes;but then again i try to not bow down to anybody&would never accept nor wallow in special treatment of any sort

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well its been restored now. They are making themselves look stupid. RPM has lost the "On Probation" tag also. The only thing I see happening on MBW is a lot of vendors pulling out and that will hit them in the wallet. Maybe then they will get it. A big "professional" site that generates HUGE hits daily with a personal gripe is never good for business.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is Craig from RPM, I received an email from somebody about this thread. I don't really know what is going on over at MBWorld right now and I don't feel comfortable commenting on it. I personally feel a little disgusted with it and that is about all I will say about it right now. I joined the forums to get closer to the community members so that I can communicate more easily with them and drum up some business and this has proven to be a weird situation for me. As for Evosport controlling what is said at MBWorld, I really did not understand that is how things worked over there. I generally stay out of other peoples business over there and I keep to myself and avoid other companies threads most of the time other than reading them sometimes.

As for Matt@Camber-Toe asking about peoples experience at RPM and having heard of only people pulling there cars out of here in disgust, I must say that does not seem to be what I witness here. I have only been here for the last two years and anyone that was here before I got here is gone. I definitely cannot comment on anything before I had gotten here but in the last two years I would not say that your description is at all accurate. It has been an uphill battle since I have gotten here trying to build our reputation while learning a lot about the European market. I must say that my knowledge of these cars has increased by about 1000% in these two years. When I first got here it was hard enough figuring out all the chassis and models designations. I am still learning everyday about these cars but it has been fun and exciting to deal with them. As for the customers that come to RPM, I must say that I really enjoy working with them and I feel that they really enjoy coming here. It has been a fun two years even with the economy in the state that it is is. We have a meet on Thursday nights at the shop when the weather gets better and maybe you would like to come down sometime. it is probably going to start again in May. It's very laid back, we don't solicit any business during the meet and maybe it would be a good time to meet us. I am sure that we are a different organization than when you are speaking of.

Hopefully, whatever is going on with the moderators at MBWorld, will be resolved. I am sorry that so many of you have had issues with them but I guess that is what happens sometimes. These communities, no matter which one it is, will ever be fair to everyone and I understand that. It is important though that we try and keep it somewhat fair, they are public forums and everyone deserves a chance to be heard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    exactly my point sticky,at the end of the day who are you fooling in order to get that special privledge of free-speech-for-pay. in my book,that just makes you a sell-out&extremely shallow...and the fact that the entire website is completly aware of it makes it that much worse. id never be able to show my face in public if i was in his shoes;but then again i try to not bow down to anybody&would never accept nor wallow in special treatment of any sort
    Nothing wrong with jrcart, nice guy honestly. I ran out of gas as the strip and he gave me a bunch of race gas so I could make it to the gas station. Certainly didn't have to do that.

That said, they know who butters their bread and will bow to it. I didn't spend enough with Evosport apparently to gain that privilege. Around $9k vs. $80k+, well, simple math for them as that is all it boils down to for them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Well its been restored now. They are making themselves look stupid. RPM has lost the "On Probation" tag also. The only thing I see happening on MBW is a lot of vendors pulling out and that will hit them in the wallet. Maybe then they will get it. A big "professional" site that generates HUGE hits daily with a personal gripe is never good for business.
    They look so stupid now backpedaling. I think they understand we are watching and it just makes them look petty. This is going to happen with greater frequency as any abuse on their part will be pointed out here no doubt leading to the noose around the necks of the members on MBworld not being quite so tight. I look forward to the next abuse from the moderators on MBworld.

Vendors will go where the traffic is, trust me. Most vendors just want to sell their product to as many people as possible and could care less. This is why it is so incredibly difficult to create an alternative as it is an uphill battle in all aspects and vendors aren't usually willing to be part of a building process or in sacrificing sales to do the right thing. I can not emphasize this enough. The vendors don't have a way to unify and there are not many who have the courage to pull out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cpais Click here to enlarge
    This is Craig from RPM, I received an email from somebody about this thread. I don't really know what is going on over at MBWorld right now and I don't feel comfortable commenting on it. I personally feel a little disgusted with it and that is about all I will say about it right now. I joined the forums to get closer to the community members so that I can communicate more easily with them and drum up some business and this has proven to be a weird situation for me. As for Evosport controlling what is said at MBWorld, I really did not understand that is how things worked over there. I generally stay out of other peoples business over there and I keep to myself and avoid other companies threads most of the time other than reading them sometimes.
    You are not the only one disgusted with MBworld, everyone is. Brad is oblivious:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brad@Evosport
    Dude, as far as “a lot” of people being upset, you have to realize the scope. The site has 180,000 members. Even if you hear from 180 people, that is .1% or even double that 360 people, that is .2%. So you may think that a lot of people are unhappy, but statistically, it is such a small number and you are NEVER going to make everyone happy.
    Nevermind the fact MBworld does not require e-mail verification which is designed to inflate their member numbers. The core group of hardcore enthusiasts who spend the most time there are becoming disillusioned with it.

As for Matt@Camber-Toe asking about peoples experience at RPM and having heard of only people pulling there cars out of here in disgust, I must say that does not seem to be what I witness here. I have only been here for the last two years and anyone that was here before I got here is gone. I definitely cannot comment on anything before I had gotten here but in the last two years I would not say that your description is at all accurate. It has been an uphill battle since I have gotten here trying to build our reputation while learning a lot about the European market. I must say that my knowledge of these cars has increased by about 1000% in these two years. When I first got here it was hard enough figuring out all the chassis and models designations. I am still learning everyday about these cars but it has been fun and exciting to deal with them. As for the customers that come to RPM, I must say that I really enjoy working with them and I feel that they really enjoy coming here. It has been a fun two years even with the economy in the state that it is is. We have a meet on Thursday nights at the shop when the weather gets better and maybe you would like to come down sometime. it is probably going to start again in May. It's very laid back, we don't solicit any business during the meet and maybe it would be a good time to meet us. I am sure that we are a different organization than when you are speaking of.
    Welcome and thank you for providing your perspective.

Hopefully, whatever is going on with the moderators at MBWorld, will be resolved. I am sorry that so many of you have had issues with them but I guess that is what happens sometimes. These communities, no matter which one it is, will ever be fair to everyone and I understand that. It is important though that we try and keep it somewhat fair, they are public forums and everyone deserves a chance to be heard.
    This forum is doing things differently from what you are used to with forums. The situation will never improve with MBworld because it is too late. Evosport is in control and retains that control even having sold out to Internet Brands who just commercialized the site and does not care. There is no way to improve it, it is for monetary purposes primarily.

Since it will never improve and likely only get worse we had no choice but to provide a site designed by the enthusiast and for the enthusiast. Notice there are no problems with moderation? Because everyone is a moderator and the community makes decisions, not a corrupt staff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Craigs the man! Customer service is Awsome. Between Mhp and rpm I wouldn't be here!
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was good to see MBW let RPM North run their header/tune Group Buy. I saw it yesterday and caught some of the rumblings but got there late and did not see any threads come down. Really when you think about it it only made sense to let it run because the members that want MHP parts are just going to go elsewhere to get them and MBW is denying a viable service to the membership. This has long been noted by me and it is not good business when personalities get in the way.

Anyway good for RPM North and MHP and I wish them luck on the group buy. It can be a tough world out there.

I decided to give MBW a break and am happily spending some time roaming around BenzBoost today!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah ok, this I didnt know. I have customers who have dealt with the shop before your time and they didnt have very nice things to say LOL...well if its a different ship now then by all means have at it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mort Click here to enlarge
    only made sense to let it run because the members that want MHP parts are just going to go elsewhere to get them and MBW is denying a viable service to the membership.
    Part of what I am counting on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast