Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Cool KLEEMANN USA and Xtra Power Join To Create The First Supercharged SLS

KLEEMANN USA is pleased to announce that we are distributing the Xtra-Power SC systems for M156 engines in the USA.

SLS systems are built to order and will require 60 days lead time as of 3.15.11. The system is $32K USD installed at KLEEMANN USA in Colorado Springs, CO.

730 HP, 600 LBS/FT TQ at the crank (610 RWHP). Please contact KLEEMANN USA directly for more information. We will be posting more comprehensive info shortly.

Videos can be seen here:

http://www.xtra-power.com/index.php

Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

does this mean that we will be seeing supercharged S/C/ML/E63s?
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2024 Post(s)

Kleemann and Xtra-Power join forces to distribute M156 C63/SLS supercharger systems in US

This is some very interesting news. Kleemann will be distributing and installing Xtra-Power systems from their Colorado Springs, Colorado facility. Dyno numbers are 610 wheel horsepower which is definitely some good power but the pricetag for the SLS supercharger setup is $32k installed. SLS tax? Yes, considering the C63 systems are much cheaper. We also wonder, what happened to Kleemann and their own supercharger setup? Check out the videos below.

Click here to enlarge

Videos:

Custom E9X M3 S65 long tube headers for sale for supercharged application: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...ed-application

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

as someone else posted on you tube the car seemed slow on the speedo shots

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2024 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    as someone else posted on you tube the car seemed slow on the speedo shots
    If it's 610 whp then it is no doubt strong.

That may just be testing or who knows what.
    Custom E9X M3 S65 long tube headers for sale for supercharged application: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...ed-application

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

yea but arent those like advertisement vids??? I mean even stock that is a really fast car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2024 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    yea but arent those like advertisement vids??? I mean even stock that is a really fast car
    I really don't put much stock in speedo vids, I prefer concrete performance numbers.

It serves more of a purpose to show you what the sound would be like in the cabin and such, not to show off the performance potential.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

that is true

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

how much is this for the c63's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2024 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    how much is this for the c63's
    They didn't announce the US pricing for the C63 but I'll contact Kleemann and see what I can find.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Going to be interesting to follow this along. Torque should be awesome from right off the line. Do we know how much boost it produces? Say 5-6 lbs? I am sure I already read it but have forgotten. Definitely has a bad boy - ghetto sort of feel to it. This unit is also probably a little small to build on being 2.3L I think but likely better for the street.

To get the best out of FI I think the 6.2L engines will need to lower the compression ratio a little. Superchargers will also benefit from custom cams, larger intakes, larger Throttle Bodies, head flow improvements and exhaust mods but not until the engine is worked up a bit to take it. Now that is a bottomless pit....Click here to enlarge

Seems to be a good start. I still don't feel like I need any more but that is always subject to change. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2024 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mort Click here to enlarge
    Going to be interesting to follow this along. Torque should be awesome from right off the line. Do we know how much boost it produces? Say 5-6 lbs? I am sure I already read it but have forgotten.
    It was something around 6 pounds if I recall correctly. Positive displacement with that big blower will be fun.

This unit is also probably a little small to build on being 2.3L I think but likely better for the street.
    2.3 liters is actually a pretty big blower. There are bigger out there but that is more than enough for the stock internals.

Seems to be a good start. I still don't feel like I need any more but that is always subject to change.
    Changes pretty fast Click here to enlarge