Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Evosport and MBworld decide to specifically target BenzBoost with censorship

I find this rather disappointing. Just because I happen to open a Mercedes site Evosport decides to have MBworld censor mention of BenzBoost.

This is the same Evosport I spent thousands with. This is the same Evosport I defended online on several occasions. This is the same Evosport that uses images of my car drag racing in their magazine advertisements without my permission but I don't say anything as long as it helps them.

This is also the same Evosport that charged me 7 or 8 labor hours to install a line lock and I had to pay for their learning curve.

Oh, and did I mention I referred several customers to them including one they have taken advantage of for tens of thousands promising a V10 twin turbo swap into an E92 M3? Only for his "V8" to end up in Brad's (one of the owners) fathers race car while my friend has been waiting for almost 2 years for this project to be wrapped up with no end in sight?

Well, they showed their true colors and I have lost complete respect for them. They would rather run a censored site and specifically target someone who has given them so much business and treated them so well instead of lending a helping hand and wishing me well. I'm amazed they are so vindictive they would try to hurt me by preventing me from succeeding with my site yet they allow links to any other Mercedes Blog or forum. Simply pathetic!

Brad chooses to hide behind moderators saying there is nothing he can do. Check out this post on 6speed where he brags about running a larger forum than 6speed:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brad @ evosport Click here to enlarge
    I owned and still run forum bigger than this one, I know the way they work.
    The way they work with him is censorship, deleting content, and banning users for his own monetary gain.

Guys remember, Evosport and Brad control MBworld and use it for their own gain. They don't give a crap about you, only the bottom line.

Brad will hide behind others while at the same time bragging he runs the forum and can do whatever he wants. A smart way to remain blameless while doing whatever he wants (like throwing MHP out, which he told me to my face).

BenzBoost is being punished because we allow Modern Horsepower to sponsor and a reference to a group buy of MHP's listed here was made. Well, we aren't going anywhere, and they better get used to it.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Oh, and did I mention I referred several customers to them including one they have taken advantage of for tens of thousands promising a V10 twin turbo swap into an E92 M3? Only for his "V8" to end up in Brad's (one of the owners) fathers race car while my friend has been waiting for almost 2 years for this project to be wrapped up with no end in sight?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Sticky - keep doing your thing big guy - more often than not - the end product speaks for itself!

I don't have a dog in this fight (tuning my OE and parts by Kleemann) but I am a member on the other board; if half of what you say is true. . .Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ

Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    I don't have a dog in this fight (tuning my OE and parts by Kleemann) but I am a member on the other board; if half of what you say is true.
    The quality of the site shines through and if guys like you see that is all that matters. Just frustrating I have to do it all the hard way and work my ass off. You would think they wouldn't be so insecure and would wish me well and try to help me. Isn't that what good people do?

It is all 100% true. I called them and said look, I don't want to be censored for links here to a group buy of MHP's. Heh, MHP made the deal so good people couldn't help talking about it.

So I explained the situation to them and they said they would look into it. A week goes by so I e-mail getting the run around. I e-mail again a few days later to ask, and Brad tells me he has "real" business to attend to basically saying my site isn't worth his time.

Oh, but when he calls my cell phone demanding a payment while I'm on vacation that's ok? I just can't believe their behavior.

This is just the beginning... you should hear what they were doing to Jeremy at OE Tuning for a while and now they have to kiss his ass because Powerchip went down the drain...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How low of them to do that. Greed is the devil.....BTW sooner or later their members will start to see the light and jumping ship to us Click here to enlarge, just like a lot of peeps from fagpost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    How low of them to do that. Greed is the devil.....BTW sooner or later their members will start to see the light and jumping ship to us Click here to enlarge, just like a lot of peeps from fagpost.
    Exactly, it will just take time.

Maybe it is a good thing we are growing naturally keeping the group closer knit with higher quality posts.

In the long run it will make no difference but it just is kind of sad no one has much respect or honor in the industry these days. Even for past clients who not only have done a lot of business but referred clients as well. There should still be respect, but for some, it will always be dollars and cents.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Another crazy scenario. Hopefully people will start to see the censorship as it becomes more obvious.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    Another crazy scenario. Hopefully people will start to see the censorship as it becomes more obvious.
    Everyone knows, it's the same situation as bimmerpost.

It will be the same thing, the knowledgeable guys and enthusiasts will come here and the crap will stay there. Just going to take time, I'm just amazed that Evosport acts the way they do when they are getting my money and then like this when it comes to me operating a Mercedes website. They are that scared of me? Seriously? Whatever happened to helping out your customers or wanting others to succeed?

You want to know how comical this all is? Andy from MHP, who I have never done ANY business with, stepped up to sponsor BimmerBoost when his market is mostly Mercedes. He did that before the site even had 500 members or any hits really and Evosport wasn't willing to. Andy has never even met me yet he and MHP were willing to help and Evosport who has made a ton of money off my friends and I would rather hurt us than help us succeed. I guess it should come as no surprise to anyone when MHP gets kicked off MBworld for showing better results than Evosport is capable of.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i have 3 words $#@! MB WORLD! they totally don't give a $#@! even if you contributed 10k posts with DIY's and help new members with questions. If you mention another Mercedes Forum you will receive infraction and then a ban if you don't remove the link or post you have made.
    To them you are just a buyer, MB world is corporate as $#@!, more and more people are starting to get fed up with that place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    i have 3 words $#@! MB WORLD! they totally don't give a $#@! even if you contributed 10k posts with DIY's and help new members with questions. If you mention another Mercedes Forum you will receive infraction and then a ban if you don't remove the link or post you have made.
    To them you are just a buyer, MB world is corporate as $#@!, more and more people are starting to get fed up with that place.
    EXACTLY. The members are just a commodity, they don't care about you. I was a contributing member for 8 years and they didn't give a $#@!. They will gladly take your money though and bill you up the ass for labor hours, count on that.

Everyone is fed up, just a matter of getting the word out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    MBWorld will succumb eventually to the awesomeness of benzboost!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Keep up the great work Sticky! Brad and MBWorld think they are "winners" and have "the blood of tigers". We (people without agendas) know better. Envy and jealousy come in many different forms, some even at 6'5'. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    Keep up the great work Sticky! Brad and MBWorld think they are "winners" and have "the blood of tigers". We (people without agendas) know better. Envy and jealousy come in many different forms, some even at 6'5'. Click here to enlarge
    Thank you, I definitely will keep it up. Just going to be harder on me but that hasn't stopped us all yet, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Brad is a p*ssy&hides behind his keyboard handing out infractions&banning people for speaking their mind. F him&MBW too

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Brad is a p*ssy&hides behind his keyboard handing out infractions&banning people for speaking their mind. F him&MBW too
    You don't have to censor pussy, sometimes things are what they are and it needs to be said.

The best part of it is he does all of that and hides behind his mods saying he can't do anything. You should see the e-mail he wrote me about how he is powerless yet he is on the site 24/7 doing exactly what you described.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mbworld is seriously lacking in genuine content anymore. I am not really surprised they would sink this low. Some of the threads that are allowed to exist, while others are pulled immediately are just insulting to anyone with basic intelligence. Hopefully the knowledgeable members continue to "defect" to BB and the clueless stay with the sinking ship.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Mbworld is seriously lacking in genuine content anymore. I am not really surprised they would sink this low. Some of the threads that are allowed to exist, while others are pulled immediately are just insulting to anyone with basic intelligence. Hopefully the knowledgeable members continue to "defect" to BB and the clueless stay with the sinking ship.
    Now you have me all fired up haha.

I wouldn't trade 1,000 MBworld members for 1 member like yourself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Now you have me all fired up haha.

I wouldn't trade 1,000 MBworld members for 1 member like yourself.
    Haha..thanks Sticky. We need a blushing smilie. lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Haha..thanks Sticky. We need a blushing smilie. lol
    Ok, now this is getting weird.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you guys going to be alright? There seems to be a lot of heavy baggage being carried here. I am sorry to hear it.

I agree with most of Stcky's etal comments on MBW and think that it is overly directed by Evosport and Internet Brands for mostly a profit motive. It seems to be the way of the web. My favorite truck site PTNet has been taken over by the Aliens as well. It seems while the originators of some performance forums may of had the best of intentions (or maybe not?) that the hard work wears some down and the offer of financial reward wins in the end.

I had a little deal with Brad that fell through. My expectations were perhaps a little high and his delivery was not up to it and he misled me a little to boot. I moved along and am the happier for it. I got a much better price from another vendor that was more than keen to give me excellent service and earn my trust. Brad could not be bothered to waste the time of day on me or that is how he made me feel. I was a nuisance to him or so it seemed to me. Maybe he is just too busy trying to fight off competition rather than strengthening the community?

It seems while MBW could do the right thing and help a fellow partisan they are not interested. Rather they are protective of their nest and will try to fight off all comers at any expense. Unfortunate as that is it may make us all stronger in the end. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It is certainly a bitter pill and one that is not necessary depending on where you sit.

Sticky I think you are onto the right thing for the right reasons, us the performance car guys and gearheads. I salute you and wish you every success. It is unfortunate that support is not forthcoming from the forum owner community in general. It seems you are going to have to do it the old fashioned way and if you succeed you and BenzBoost will be the better and stronger for it. I do hope that you are successful and that I can play my very small part in it.

Here is to geometric growth at BenzBoost....Ya Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mort Click here to enlarge
    I agree with most of Stcky's etal comments on MBW and think that it is overly directed by Evosport and Internet Brands for mostly a profit motive. It seems to be the way of the web.
    That is exactly it... unfortunately Click here to enlarge

I had a little deal with Brad that fell through. My expectations were perhaps a little high and his delivery was not up to it and he misled me a little to boot. I moved along and am the happier for it. I got a much better price from another vendor that was more than keen to give me excellent service and earn my trust. Brad could not be bothered to waste the time of day on me or that is how he made me feel. I was a nuisance to him or so it seemed to me. Maybe he is just too busy trying to fight off competition rather than strengthening the community?
    I'm sorry to hear this, was it just a simple part?

If you would have posted your experience you would have had his attention in just a few seconds, funny how that works.

Sticky I think you are onto the right thing for the right reasons, us the performance car guys and gearheads. I salute you and wish you every success. It is unfortunate that support is not forthcoming from the forum owner community in general. It seems you are going to have to do it the old fashioned way and if you succeed you and BenzBoost will be the better and stronger for it. I do hope that you are successful and that I can play my very small part in it.
    Kind of funny you mention this as I wrote the exact same thing you just stated to Brad, and he said he doesn't like threats. Heh, me stating I would have to work hard the old fashioned/hard way he took as a threat because I refused to just lay down.

Mort, members like yourself play the biggest role. Thank you for the kind words. In a way I am glad it has to be this way as I know I am going to have to earn it every step of the way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would this be the same evosport who takes everyones money and never delivers a product as of late?

Where the **** are my rotors??

FWIW I like this place. I apologize for the grief over there but honestly that board isn't worth the hassle. I'd be stoked to see more members filter over here.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tgoss Click here to enlarge
    Would this be the same evosport who takes everyones money and never delivers a product as of late?
    I wish I could say you are the only one having this problem but I'm holding onto e-mails from several others with this same issue.

FWIW I like this place. I apologize for the grief over there but honestly that board isn't worth the hassle. I'd be stoked to see more members filter over here.
    It isn't really grief as much as betrayal. With bimmerpost, I am not upset over their censorship as it just makes them look bad plus I never had a relationship with their admins beyond anything involving infractions.

With Evosport, I told them YEARS ago I planned on doing this. They said they would help and we discussed this in Brad/Simons office many times. Well, I did it but it seems they are mad I did it on my own instead of giving them control and a piece of the pie. Why would I work my ass off for them? Explain that?

Brad got a huge hard on for the money he got from Internet Brands for selling out and just wanted to rinse and repeat. Well, I don't want to do that. I want a quality site, I don't want some vendor milking everyone dry and I want people to be able to speak freely and have debates even if it concerns a vendor. MHP has no problem with that, hell, they even start some of those themselves.

So, I feel betrayed and unfairly targeted simply because I am going through with something I am passionate about and am refusing to compromise my integrity in doing so. Also, that all quality vendors are allowed here including MHP whom Evosport specifically does not like. Brad wrote to me his "ethic" will not allow him to fix this issue. Yet his ethic will allow him to use his position to try to hurt others by specifically targeting them? Some ethics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If they are using images of your car I would sue just to piss them off.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    If they are using images of your car I would sue just to piss them off.
    No, I'll piss them off by beating them at their own game.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Where the **** are my rotors??

Yes..friggin evosport deliver my homey's rotors already!! We need to see some pics of the new kicks installed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast