Close

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,076
    Rep Points
    31,288.5
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No

    SpeedDriven releases their 800 hp turbo upgrade package for M275 the V12 Twin Turbo cars

    SpeedDriven has released their Mercedes 600 V12 twin turbo upgrade package. This offers 750+ horsepower on 91 octane and takes cars on 93+ to over 800 horsepower. The 93 octane settings offer up almost 940 pound-feet of torque, yes, whoa. The package features a set of their upgraded billet turbos, top-mounted water to air intercoolers, air intakes, and of course their tune. Check out the dyno and pictures below although based on the 611 whp peak of the dyno their crank horsepower claims seem to be a bit exaggerated.

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    212
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ICs look larger and nice, but air filter placement leaves me a bit puzzled. Were they trying to ingest as much hot air as possible? I would imagine IATs while driving on the street would be compromised to say the least, but at the track with hood popped and icing between passes it would be a great setup.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,076
    Rep Points
    31,288.5
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    ICs look larger and nice, but air filter placement leaves me a bit puzzled. Were they trying to ingest as much hot air as possible? I would imagine IATs while driving on the street would be compromised to say the least, but at the track with hood popped and icing between passes it would be a great setup.
    What really puzzles me is the dyno. 800 hp claims on 93 octane but in the very low 600's?

    A tune only with full exhaust on the 600 V12's gets to what, mid to low 500's at the wheels?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    212
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    True with the 800HP claims, with 20% driveline loss that's 640rwhp. Also note the graph is "STD" not SAE, meaning SAE would be lower. It is done in 4th gear however 1:1 which is good. I would like to see SAE graphs though.

    I really can't say what these M275s like but with every other turbo motor in the world, especially on pump gas, you really don't want to see 12.0:1 A/Fs or higher, just a bad idea in general.

    I've seen tune only 65s put down 520-565+rwhp SAE.

    They are definitely picking up some power but as you said not quite 800 ponies worth.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,076
    Rep Points
    31,288.5
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    True with the 800HP claims, with 20% driveline loss that's 640rwhp. Also note the graph is "STD" not SAE, meaning SAE would be lower. It is done in 4th gear however 1:1 which is good. I would like to see SAE graphs though.

    I really can't say what these M275s like but with every other turbo motor in the world, especially on pump gas, you really don't want to see 12.0:1 A/Fs or higher, just a bad idea in general.

    I've seen tune only 65s put down 520-565+rwhp SAE.

    They are definitely picking up some power but as you said not quite 800 ponies worth.
    They are picking up a bit but not really enough to warrant the price or the difference from just a tune only.

    Yes, SAE would be lower, good point.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    386
    Rep Points
    580.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    12.0:1 is not uncommon on these V12TTs. Last dyno tune I got, I was sitting at 11.8:1 (93 octane), but it's so hard to get a real number on a dyno, with limited air flow. I just purchased the MFD Kiwi Wifi w/wideband module. I'll have more concrete numbers in a few weeks.
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKECRhvlf4

    Powered by:Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,076
    Rep Points
    31,288.5
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama Click here to enlarge
    12.0:1 is not uncommon on these V12TTs. Last dyno tune I got, I was sitting at 11.8:1 (93 octane), but it's so hard to get a real number on a dyno, with limited air flow. I just purchased the MFD Kiwi Wifi w/wideband module. I'll have more concrete numbers in a few weeks.
    I like how you are going about things, getting concrete and accurate numbers. Will be looking for your wideband logs in a few weeks Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    212
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama Click here to enlarge
    12.0:1 is not uncommon on these V12TTs. Last dyno tune I got, I was sitting at 11.8:1 (93 octane), but it's so hard to get a real number on a dyno, with limited air flow. I just purchased the MFD Kiwi Wifi w/wideband module. I'll have more concrete numbers in a few weeks.
    11.8:1 isn't bad, it just looks like low to mid 12s up top and that is scary no matter how you slice it. A turbo motor is a turbo motor, sure it will make more power with leaner A/F but it also leaves less room for error, bad fuel, etc. Personally I'd rather give up a few HP for peace of the piece of mind low to mid 11s brings on pump gas.

    Good job on getting the wideband. I'm used to seeing A/Fs half a point leaner on the street (1:1 WOT) than on a dyno with comparatively little airflow. That was without cats though. Do you have cats, and if so where are you putting the wideband bungs?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    386
    Rep Points
    580.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    11.8:1 isn't bad, it just looks like low to mid 12s up top and that is scary no matter how you slice it. A turbo motor is a turbo motor, sure it will make more power with leaner A/F but it also leaves less room for error, bad fuel, etc. Personally I'd rather give up a few HP for peace of the piece of mind low to mid 11s brings on pump gas.

    Good job on getting the wideband. I'm used to seeing A/Fs half a point leaner on the street (1:1 WOT) than on a dyno with comparatively little airflow. That was without cats though. Do you have cats, and if so where are you putting the wideband bungs?
    Yes sir, cats are still in place. Need to get it on a lift to see what's what. New bungs gotta go somewhere pre-cat, I'd suppose.
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKECRhvlf4

    Powered by:Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,076
    Rep Points
    31,288.5
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama Click here to enlarge
    Yes sir, cats are still in place. Need to get it on a lift to see what's what. New bungs gotta go somewhere pre-cat, I'd suppose.
    Is it just 1 set of cats?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    386
    Rep Points
    580.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Is it just 1 set of cats?
    Yep the V12tts get just one pair of Heineken beer kegs, that double as cats.

    BIG ole mama jammas.
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKECRhvlf4

    Powered by:Click here to enlarge

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •