Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 99
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    what you think Jeramy is not going to do better in Famosa watch him hit 10's there and everyone hates that track.
    I think he will do better because it is a better prepped track. Why would I think otherwise? I wrote earlier I set my PB at Famoso, not Sac. The prep at Famoso is MUCH better. The conditions aren't as good as SAC though.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    the problem is most ppl dont wanna put roll bars in there benz 1 bc its ugly and 2 bc of weight.
    no roll bars no under 11.49 or you get the boot, so what we do is we found 2 tracks that let us run how we like when we rent them, im sure if we rent another track that we will let us run how me want you will see the same reuslts within couple tenths and couple mph apart.
    I'm not questioning where you guys run or what you do. The cars put up great numbers. I'm pointing out that region and conditions are very valid points to make when discussing a slip.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    470
    Rep Points
    487.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think he will do better because it is a better prepped track. Why would I think otherwise? I wrote earlier I set my PB at Famoso, not Sac. The prep at Famoso is MUCH better. The conditions aren't as good as SAC though.



    I'm not questioning where you guys run or what you do. The cars put up great numbers. I'm pointing out that region and conditions are very valid points to make when discussing a slip.
    conditions matter but not that much, we ran mikes car in 40F at MIR -700 -800DA and got a 10.875 at 131 now in 75F we ran his car at 10.789 at 132 and it was positive 1200 DA that 35 degrees dift and over positive 2000DA apart and only hairs apart in time and mph

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    conditions matter but not that much, we ran mikes car in 40F at MIR -700 -800DA and got a 10.875 at 131 now in 75F we ran his car at 10.789 at 132 and it was positive 1200 DA that 35 degrees dift and over positive 2000DA apart and only hairs apart.
    Yes, but weren't there changes made to his car? I believe catback was added, right?

    I believe the impact of conditions is huge. Just seeing the difference the DA calculator makes leads me to that conclusion.

    Let's all be honest, we won't see any of these times in the summer. I know, I tried running at Sac in the summer to top my Famoso time in the winter, couldn't do it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    470
    Rep Points
    487.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    offff topic

    im was not going to say it but after thinking about it might be funny to some,
    i was about to post "lets not derail this thread and get it locked but i saw we on benzboost not MBW"

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    offff topic

    im was not going to say it but after thinking about it might be funny to some,
    i was about to post "lets not derail this thread and get it locked but i saw we on benzboost not MBW"
    Hahahahhahahah! You should see where some of our topics go, it's great.

    That cracks me up though, just goes to show how conditioned you are to having to watch what you say on MBW. Discuss whatever the hell you want, I don't mind.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    470
    Rep Points
    487.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, but weren't there changes made to his car? I believe catback was added, right?

    I believe the impact of conditions is huge. Just seeing the difference the DA calculator makes leads me to that conclusion.

    Let's all be honest, we won't see any of these times in the summer. I know, I tried running at Sac in the summer to top my Famoso time in the winter, couldn't do it.
    yes he added catback but removed the mcd intake and was running stock air system so that plays its self off,

    you rite we wont see best results in summer, but they wont be far away, the thing is with the c63 i dont think heat matters this car LOVES the heat, look at mikes car all his best passes were made after 6-7 hot laps, would you consider that being same conditions as summer if we were in 75F at MIR and running 10 times non stop back to back.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    470
    Rep Points
    487.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Hahahahhahahah! You should see where some of our topics go, it's great.

    That cracks me up though, just goes to show how conditioned you are to having to watch what you say on MBW. Discuss whatever the hell you want, I don't mind.
    i know, thats y i posted it, i stop for a sec tho and thought about it then i said oh chit im free i can be heard lol

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    yes he added catback but removed the mcd intake and was running stock air system so that plays its self off,
    I'm not quite sure of that, but regardless, changes were made so not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    you rite we wont see best results in summer, but they wont be far away, the thing is with the c63 i dont think heat matters this car LOVES the heat, look at mikes car all his best passes were made after 6-7 hot laps, would you consider that being same conditions as summer if we were in 75F at MIR and running 10 times non stop back to back.
    Heat soak is a factor on all motors but to less of an extent on the naturally aspirated M156 vs. the supercharged 55 motors for example.

    I don't consider running back to back the same as running in the summer, the air intake is still more dense. I actually set my personal best running back to back as well.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    470
    Rep Points
    487.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm not quite sure of that, but regardless, changes were made so not exactly an apples to apples comparison.
    the MCD intake is good for 1-2 MPH race Exhaust is good for 10-15RW


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Heat soak is a factor on all motors but to less of an extent on the naturally aspirated M156 vs. the supercharged 55 motors for example.

    I don't consider running back to back the same as running in the summer, the air intake is still more dense. I actually set my personal best running back to back as well.
    i dont either but from his temps on cooling and oil his car deft acted like it was summer out and nothing got affected,

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    the MCD intake is good for 1-2 MPH race Exhaust is good for 10-15RW
    Like I said, I don't know but changes were made.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    i dont either but from his temps on cooling and oil his car deft acted like it was summer out and nothing got affected,
    The main thing is the engine gulping cold, dense air.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    470
    Rep Points
    487.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Like I said, I don't know but changes were made.



    The main thing is the engine gulping cold, dense air.
    will find out in the summer

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    will find out in the summer
    Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    139
    Rep Points
    288.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm running at Pacific Raceways on 16 April with a few other c63. Temps should be about 40s or 50s, track prep should be good for first test/tune of the year. I have MHP LTs/no cats w/ v3 tune. I hope to have 17" rims/hoosier dr, c/f hood and trunk, and a few other lightweight mods.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    I'm running at Pacific Raceways on 16 April with a few other c63. Temps should be about 40s or 50s, track prep should be good for first test/tune of the year. I have MHP LTs/no cats w/ v3 tune. I hope to have 17" rims/hoosier dr, c/f hood and trunk, and a few other lightweight mods.
    Let us know how it goes, good luck.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    470
    Rep Points
    487.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    I'm running at Pacific Raceways on 16 April with a few other c63. Temps should be about 40s or 50s, track prep should be good for first test/tune of the year. I have MHP LTs/no cats w/ v3 tune. I hope to have 17" rims/hoosier dr, c/f hood and trunk, and a few other lightweight mods.
    That sounds like a nice setup. Who's car supers? What 17's did u guys chose?

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    849
    Rep Points
    176.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    ATCO and MIR are definitely FAR BETTER tracks then what we have here on the West.
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    629.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    ATCO and MIR are definitely FAR BETTER tracks then what we have here on the West.
    What tracks have you run at? Don't recall ever seeing a slip.

    MIR is usually a very well prepped track, but as Haji has been pointing out we don't get this magical d/a all the time. I ran at 6 events last year and never once in negative d/a. The whole Atco and MIR are the better tracks comments when none of you guys have even run back here is laughable. Records have been made at these tracks...but by guys who have busted their balls to make it happen. It seems there are a lot more diehard racers back here then out west.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    128
    Rep Points
    117.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    congrats to OE

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    212
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Because we don't have MIR.
    No, you have Sac. Sac officials will tell you their timing equipment is off specifically by 3mph or more on a car that traps 125-130mph since a wreck in late '07. MIR is a 0% decline track and unbeknown to most on the west coast often has positive DA, as in the last rental on 2/18 where in 1150'+ DA dodger ran 10.78 with 30 other 10 second passes all over 130mph.

    In drag racing, record times usually are produced at MIR in the Winter so region really does matter.
    The DA is usually -2000' or lower in winter at MIR, not +1150-1250' as they ran on 2/18.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    212
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We sure do, because there is a consistent pattern of insane times coming out of MIR and then the rest of the world seems to think Z06's run 10's stock. MIR is a fast track, period.

    It is very important to denote what track, what region, and when times were run. If it wasn't, why would we even bother with calculating DA and don't we need those factors to do it? So again, I do not see how I am wrong here.

    I also made sure to point out this run was in negative DA as I went and checked.

    Bud, your own record run of 11.199 was in -1500 DA at ATCO. ATCO being another fast track... just like MIR as they both see negative DA.

    Also, I just calculated the DA at MIR for a random day in January of this year I picked, the 14th. What was the DA? -3032. Come on...
    Really, SAC with broken timing equipment that everyone knows about (even those that race there) with -450' DA vs MIR with +1250 DA on Feb 18th. Say what you want about usually, but DA is over 3000' in the summer at MIR and the timing equipment works. If you want to take details into account then please record the most important of them. As so many west coast record holders have shown us (Alan/Bassn, etc) they trap 4-5mph slower at other CA tracks than Sac.

    MIR is "fast" because it's easy to rent out, they don't care about safety equipment, and it's a 83' altitude track--much like what you'd find on the west coast or any coast for that matter. ATCO, Cecil County, Englishtown (if they prep), New England Dragway, Rockingham, are all just as "fast".

    dodger ran his 8.2 60-130 with 2 shifts meaning he was not going for a 60-130 number, that actually happened during a 1/4 mile pass. He will shortly (next rental) better that as well.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    212
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Like I said, I don't know but changes were made.
    He removed his Gruppe M knock off (which has proven 1-2mph in the 1/4 as stated) and used the stock boxes because his own custom air intake wasn't finished yet. The catback adds 10-22rwhp/8-20rwtq depending on where in the rpm band you are. I would say the mods offset one another quite well as both are choke points.



    The main thing is the engine gulping cold, dense air.
    75F air is not cold or dense. Click here to enlarge

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    No, you have Sac. Sac officials will tell you their timing equipment is off specifically by 3mph or more on a car that traps 125-130mph since a wreck in late '07. MIR is a 0% decline track and unbeknown to most on the west coast often has positive DA, as in the last rental on 2/18 where in 1150'+ DA dodger ran 10.78 with 30 other 10 second passes all over 130mph.
    You are absolutely right, Sac equipment is off but it almost balances out the MIR and ATCO advantage.

    Of course MIR often has positive DA, it is not a perpetual summer. Doesn't change the fact ATCO and MIR see lower DA and have better prep. They are better tracks, would love to run there.

    I have never in my life run in -1500 DA but would like to. ATCO sees it routinely, how come?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    212
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    ATCO and MIR are definitely FAR BETTER tracks then what we have here on the West.
    West coast has fast tracks to, you just have to be an actual racer to know where they are. Did you sell that 1000HP 12 second car yet?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    212
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    What tracks have you run at? Don't recall ever seeing a slip.

    MIR is usually a very well prepped track, but as Haji has been pointing out we don't get this magical d/a all the time. I ran at 6 events last year and never once in negative d/a. The whole Atco and MIR are the better tracks comments when none of you guys have even run back here is laughable. Records have been made at these tracks...but by guys who have busted their balls to make it happen. It seems there are a lot more diehard racers back here then out west.
    Agreed 100%.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    He removed his Gruppe M knock off (which has proven 1-2mph in the 1/4 as stated) and used the stock boxes because his own custom air intake wasn't finished yet. The catback adds 10-22rwhp/8-20rwtq depending on where in the rpm band you are. I would say the mods offset one another quite well as both are choke points.
    The result seems to prove otherwise though as wasn't the ET better in worse DA?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    75F air is not cold or dense.
    Of course, this was not referring specifically to any run but making the point that running in negative DA in general means you have cold dense air and even if you run back to back it is still gulping in cold dense air.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •