Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    On the days in question however, and as you stated, should be noted (details) +1250 (actually 1150 for Mike's run) vs -450' is something to be noted.
    This is pointed out pretty clearly.

The comparison started with the 60-130 time in this post and went on from there, I was not even a part of it until it became obvious to the point it is now. OE is also a premiere vendor and it is clear they are attempting to compete with MHP. Good for them, competition is a good thing, but let's not muddy the water with East vs West Coast especially when the main factor behind the segregating the stats is weather and again it was role reversal time in that dept here.
    I think there is more than enough room for everyone. I think these two groups should support one another and there should not be animosity. Same team here really, this energy should be directed at toppling the MBW empire.

Also, traditionally, when drag dates and times have been shown (like by MBforever) he does mention if the fast times were on the West Coast or East Coast. So, something the community is kind of already accustomed to.

What's your Zip?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I hear there is a better track on the east coast that's suppose to be better then atco and Mir.... I learned this from a true drag racer.. I will be going there in the near future to find out
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    I hear there is a better track on the east coast that's suppose to be better then atco and Mir.... I learned this from a true drag racer.. I will be going there in the near future to find out
    Which one?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You know what, I don't really understand it either but I have had to play this stupid game as well. I have run at Famoso and then had to make the trek to Sac because everyone else was going to Sac to inflate their numbers. It would really solve everyone's problem if the track owners would maintain the track properly.
    The question then becomes do we weather correct for all runs? Do both post actual and corrected? I agree Sac needs to fix the timing equipment, someone should start a petition. I can't believe they haven't lost their sanctioning if they haven't already... Just nuts.

Exactly, but to have DA you need to know where it was run and when. So, important to point out where this took place.
    That goes without saying, I'm saying once you have the DA what difference does it make? And we have both DAs.

It was a typo, I was referring to the low 11 second run by Mthis. I meant to do 11.19, just didn't notice I was missing the extra 1.
    Gotcha, sorry didn't know which 11 sec mhp car you were talking about because there are a few lol.

There really is no West Coast vs. East Coast thing. It simply is reality that the majority of times run by tuned C63's have been on the East Coast. There really weren't any people active in C63 tuning going to the track here on the West Coast until now. The cars run what they run, but let's look at this as a positive achievement for the other half of the country not a desire to create come rivalry.
    Actually that's not entirely true, talk to Exeenom/MB_Forever about his rentals, there have been tuned C63s running at his rentals for over 2 years, just tune, tune/DR, tune/full exhaust/pulley, etc.

I'm not knocking OE in the slightest I just disagree with there needing to be a separate category created for the West coast guys especially when their air was 1700' better than the East coast guys last rental.

Having East vs West is like having the WNBA, if you're a female and good enough to play with the rest of the pros then step up to the NBA. OE is obviously not a "female" but you get my point. There should be one measuring stick for C63s, if we can list DA with the passes that would be even better. Simply listing track/date would be a disservice as how many people would have though 2/18 at MIR would have been 75F?

I think so, but I also think many are unaware as to the alternatives. Google will take care of that in due time, my next focus is the SEO implementation of BenzBoost.[/QUOTE]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Here is the video of the run btw:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is pointed out pretty clearly.
    By creating separate classes based on weather, and that's what west vs east is, a comparison of DA/weather in this case it's doing the opposite. Pulling the factions apart.

I think there is more than enough room for everyone. I think these two groups should support one another and there should not be animosity. Same team here really, this energy should be directed at toppling the MBW empire.
    I don't see anyone from MHP disrespecting anyone from OE or vice versa. I see a valid debate and points that were not highlighted enough have been brought to light. Good thread IMO. Only one of your premiere sponsors is toppling MBW, the other is advertising on it lol.

Also, traditionally, when drag dates and times have been shown (like by MBforever) he does mention if the fast times were on the West Coast or East Coast. So, something the community is kind of already accustomed to.
    Hey I'm all for more data, DA, track, tire pressure, whatever, but again to take it so far as to separate titles is going too far. Mention it after the pass, don't create another category for N/A C63s, that does nothing for anyone.

Give me a few, just got in and need to eat.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

The question then becomes do we weather correct for all runs? Do both post actual and corrected? I agree Sac needs to fix the timing equipment, someone should start a petition. I can't believe they haven't lost their sanctioning if they haven't already... Just nuts.
    I think people just post their slips as it is done now and guys mention the DA.

That goes without saying, I'm saying once you have the DA what difference does it make? And we have both DAs.
    Well, yep, it goes without saying so I don't see the disagreement here.

Actually that's not entirely true, talk to Exeenom/MB_Forever about his rentals, there have been tuned C63s running at his rentals for over 2 years, just tune, tune/DR, tune/full exhaust/pulley, etc.

I'm not knocking OE in the slightest I just disagree with there needing to be a separate category created for the West coast guys especially when their air was 1700' better than the East coast guys last rental.

Having East vs West is like having the WNBA, if you're a female and good enough to play with the rest of the pros then step up to the NBA. OE is obviously not a "female" but you get my point. There should be one measuring stick for C63s, if we can list DA with the passes that would be even better. Simply listing track/date would be a disservice as how many people would have though 2/18 at MIR would have been 75F?
    I'm very familiar with Mo and the rentals Click here to enlarge

I don't think there is a separate category, the times on the 1/4 mile are listed in order of ET. This is simply an achievement for the West Coast and nothing wrong with giving a little credit here to the West Coast. Overall on the list, it makes no difference as it goes in order of times not regions. This is simply a title on the front page, and the goal is to get people reading and interested with a catchy headline.

There is only one measuring stick in the 1/4 mile list, so I'm not really sure what disagreement there is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think people just post their slips as it is done now and guys mention the DA.

Well, yep, it goes without saying so I don't see the disagreement here.

I'm very familiar with Mo and the rentals Click here to enlarge

I don't think there is a separate category, the times on the 1/4 mile are listed in order of speed. This is simply an achievement for the West Coast and nothing wrong with giving a little credit here to the West Coast. Overall on the list, it makes no difference as it goes in order of times not regions. This is simply a title on the front page, and the goal is to get people reading and interested with a catchy headline.

There is only one measuring stick in the 1/4 mile list, so I'm not really sure what disagreement there is.
    I think the only disagreement is creating separate titles. Post the times, post the data, post the vids, slips, info, DA, etc. but again no need to confuse people by adding east vs west vs north vs south vs american vs australian vs etc you get my point.

Our for now, I'll PM you the strip info later ton,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

By creating separate classes based on weather, and that's what west vs east is, a comparison of DA/weather in this case it's doing the opposite. Pulling the factions apart.
    There are no separate classes. It is important to point out the differences in climate and DA is listed here. There really is no argument.

I don't see anyone from MHP disrespecting anyone from OE or vice versa. I see a valid debate and points that were not highlighted enough have been brought to light. Good thread IMO. Only one of your premiere sponsors is toppling MBW, the other is advertising on it lol.
    That is true and unfortunately it did not work out as I had hoped. If OE was not allowed on there BenzBoost would be much bigger much faster. However, Powerchip lost that battle and is a frail company now and they were not able to keep OE off. I can't blame OE for advertising where the majority of the traffic is.

However, I do commend them for advertising both there AND here, which goes to show they have a desire to help us grow and offer support, just like MHP has been doing (just without the MBW part Click here to enlarge ).

Hey I'm all for more data, DA, track, tire pressure, whatever, but again to take it so far as to separate titles is going too far. Mention it after the pass, don't create another category for N/A C63s, that does nothing for anyone.
    Once again, there is no other category in the 1/4 mile standings. This is a headline on a front page and an acknowledgement of an achievement that happened on the West Coast. There really is no need to read any further into it.

Give me a few, just got in and need to eat.
    I am actually going to do the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I would just like to say congrats to OE on their new best. It seems that it is a benefit to all members that they are competing to make the C63 faster, quicker and stronger. The C63 is an excellent platform and is great to see the interest this vendor is taking to find its limits. Healthy competition serves to improve the car which benefits us all in the end.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Are they strict with rollbars there?
    For the test/tune they are. I don't know about rentals. But I was told you'll get one warning, then kicked off the track, then suspended for the season if you don't get it fixed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    I have one thong to say get in your cars drive cross country and run at Mir or atco.. If not run your tracks and stop arguing what's better.
    ..end of thread right here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mort Click here to enlarge
    I would just like to say congrats to OE on their new best. It seems that it is a benefit to all members that they are competing to make the C63 faster, quicker and stronger. The C63 is an excellent platform and is great to see the interest this vendor is taking to find its limits. Healthy competition serves to improve the car which benefits us all in the end.
    Very well said.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Exactly I have been preaching this for a long time
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

these cars a fre freakin beastly! I never knew the MB's were so aggressive.. i may have to re-evaluate my car rankings..

Great Job OE!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Wanted to clarify something, runs were done on race gas, not pump. Did not know this when the post was first made.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wanted to clarify something, runs were done on race gas, not pump. Did not know this when the post was first made.
    Thanks for the clarification that makes sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Thanks for the clarification that makes sense.
    Yep, when he first told me it was set up how he drives it everyday I didn't realize he meant the tune, not the fuel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yep, saw he posted on MBW that he was running MS109, but with his normal pump 91 tuning? The tune must adapt to it somewhat I guess... I doubt he'd run the VP just for kicks if it didn't make a measurable difference... that $#@!'s expensive. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Yep, saw he posted on MBW that he was running MS109, but with his normal pump 91 tuning? The tune must adapt to it somewhat I guess... I doubt he'd run the VP just for kicks if it didn't make a measurable difference... that $#@!'s expensive. Click here to enlarge
    All the tunes have this ability built in. M3 is the same way, it will adjust the timing a bit but only to a certain extent. It won't be to the level a MS109 specific tune would be able to for example.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe a little work to get the weight of the car down and a race only tune to take advantage of the octane will get OE into the tens. Lets hope so because he is so close and Dodger is already there! OE smelling 10s. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Man i cannot wait to sell all of my cars. And pick a c63 up. E85 tune p31 package heads cams ect I will go for a all motor record then Ill see what a motec and one of these can do
    GT55r
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

^ LOL....Do it, the E85 that is. I havent seen that done on the C63. I really wish there was more E85 in LA
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    ^ LOL....Do it, the E85 that is. I havent seen that done on the C63. I really wish there was more E85 in LA
    You said it.. I'm on the E85 bandwagon now also.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234