Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

SL600 takes top spot with an 11.15@125.54

Just meandered on in here and saw Andy's SL65 times, and decided to post up my lil ole 600 times. There's a few SL600's out there that are certainly faster than me, but to date, I've got the quickest ET.

This was in January 2011, and the air was amazing. Roughly -1000ft D/A

Mods:

OE Tuning ECU tune
    Speedriven TCU tune
    BMC air filters
    Muffler delete

Video from a different run that day (11.19)

Click here to enlarge
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKECRhvlf4

Powered by:Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

SL600 takes top spot with an 11.15@125.54

Just meandered on in here and saw Andy's SL65 times, and decided to post up my lil ole 600 times. There's a few SL600's out there that are certainly faster than me, but to date, I've got the quickest ET.

This was in January 2011, and the air was amazing. Roughly -1000ft D/A

Mods:

OE Tuning ECU tune
    Speedriven TCU tune
    BMC air filters
    Muffler delete

Video from a different run that day (11.19)

Click here to enlarge
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice Run!!!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    WOW!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    First of all, welcome.

Secondly, those are some impressive times! You made a double post but that is ok. Any further mods planned?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good job Clayton, and nice to see you over here!

ps--Not technically my car, but we get to use it as such. Click here to enlarge

How did you launch to get that 1.69? We ended up with a 1.79 on our best pass Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    First of all, welcome.

Secondly, those are some impressive times! You made a double post but that is ok. Any further mods planned?
    Thanks.

No clue why it double posted like that. I'll probably do a little more tinkering, but nothing MAJOR planned for her. Have a little sumpin' sumpin' in the works though. My philosophy is to try to go quicker than everyone else, with less mods. Click here to enlarge

There are a couple highly modded SL600s out there, that will destroy me, if they ever get the power to the ground on launch.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Good job Clayton, and nice to see you over here!

ps--Not technically my car, but we get to use it as such. Click here to enlarge

How did you launch to get that 1.69? We ended up with a 1.79 on our best pass Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Andy, just throwing a bit of chin-music at the SL65. Click here to enlarge

That particular 1.69 was off-idle. I cut a few 1.65s that day, just bringing the revs up enough to take the slop out of the driveline. These cars are very finicky when it comes to break-torqueing. They don't like it.

And if you're lucky enough to find the sweet spot, where you can load up boost, the ECU doesn't kill power, and you dead-hook, you're most likely gonna snap an axle. It's an ugly circle.

That's why I leave softly most of the time. It's more fun when you don't break stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama Click here to enlarge
    No clue why it double posted like that. I'll probably do a little more tinkering, but nothing MAJOR planned for her. Have a little sumpin' sumpin' in the works though. My philosophy is to try to go quicker than everyone else, with less mods
    I respect that. Will we be able to be clued in or should we wait and see? Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama Click here to enlarge

Thanks Andy, just throwing a bit of chin-music at the SL65. Click here to enlarge

That particular 1.69 was off-idle. I cut a few 1.65s that day, just bringing the revs up enough to take the slop out of the driveline. These cars are very finicky when it comes to break-torqueing. They don't like it.

And if you're lucky enough to find the sweet spot, where you can load up boost, the ECU doesn't kill power, and you dead-hook, you're most likely gonna snap an axle. It's an ugly circle.

That's why I leave softly most of the time. It's more fun when you don't break stuff.
    All in good fun bro! Click here to enlarge

Definitely going to have to play with launch more. We didn't do much right this time out with the SL. I think we mainly overshot the converter by bringing revs too high on launch. Looking forward to round 2.

1.65 is hooking for sure, what wheel/DR setup are you using if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car looks great and the times as well. Welcome
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you suck. . .and you can't golf eitherClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ

Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    Car looks great and the times as well. Welcome
    Thanks from a fellow Fredneck! I'm in Lake Linganore....

I think I've seen that car in the Urbana area....

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    you suck. . .and you can't golf eitherClick here to enlarge
    With the proper amount of swing grease, I suck less. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    All in good fun bro! Click here to enlarge

Definitely going to have to play with launch more. We didn't do much right this time out with the SL. I think we mainly overshot the converter by bringing revs too high on launch. Looking forward to round 2.

1.65 is hooking for sure, what wheel/DR setup are you using if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!
    265/40/18 Mickey Thompsons on Rial wheels.