Close

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    60-130 last night C63 P31 - 9.5

    Tried to do some vbox runs last night in my C63 w/ P31 (100% stock). Couldn't find a good spot, so going to try again tonight hopefully. But I did manage one and it was on a slight curve and well a 16% percent decline! lol...so its not acceptable but still cool to see.

    60 - 130 in 9.5 seconds on a 16% downhill

    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 02-24-2011 at 10:38 AM.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    470
    Rep Points
    487.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    i dont know how you doing it but i been playing with the vbox and my car for a while, do everything in M and hold 4th gear dont make the switch to 5th and you will get your best results.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22



    Yes Reputation No
    thanks for the tip, but I assume since you have mods you are putting out a lot more power than me and it may suit you better than me, but I will definitely give it a shot.... I was "S" used the paddles to go into 2nd then let it shift by itself. Im amazed you do it in 4th, not even 3rd...id think the rpm would be way to low in 4th at 60mph.


    For people who dont own a C63 I found a cool thing is that in "M" aka "manual" mode the car WONT shift at redline, it holds the gear. In "S" aka "sport" mode the car is in a drive mode where it shifts automatically just like drive, but when in the gear if you hit the paddles you can pick your gear and it will hold this gear till you hit redline then it will shift for you, I started calling it drag mode cause it seems perfect for that.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    470
    Rep Points
    487.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    thanks for the tip, but I assume since you have mods you are putting out a lot more power than me and it may suit you better than me, but I will definitely give it a shot.... I was "S" used the paddles to go into 2nd then let it shift by itself. Im amazed you do it in 4th, not even 3rd...id think the rpm would be way to low in 4th at 60mph.


    For people who dont own a C63 I found a cool thing is that in "M" aka "manual" mode the car WONT shift at redline, it holds the gear. In "S" aka "sport" mode the car is in a drive mode where it shifts automatically just like drive, but when in the gear if you hit the paddles you can pick your gear and it will hold this gear till you hit redline then it will shift for you, I started calling it drag mode cause it seems perfect for that.

    sry lil mis understanding dont start in 4th gear start in 3rd but hold 4th gear in M

    if you use S 4th gear changes before 130mph and in M it goes to 131-132mph so thats a tenth rite there from not makeing a shift.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    sry lil mis understanding dont start in 4th gear start in 3rd but hold 4th gear in M

    if you use S 4th gear changes before 130mph and in M it goes to 131-132mph so thats a tenth rite there from not makeing a shift.
    Makes sense now! I was wondering WTF kind of torque is this guy making!!!!! So you leave it in "M" mode the whole time and shift it yourself? Or can you start in "S" let it shift into 4th then press the button and put it into "M" so it wont shift into 5th?
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    470
    Rep Points
    487.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    Makes sense now! I was wondering WTF kind of torque is this guy making!!!!! So you leave it in "M" mode the whole time and shift it yourself? Or can you start in "S" let it shift into 4th then press the button and put it into "M" so it wont shift into 5th?
    i do it all in M but you can do it that way also start in S then go to M, i think M you get a better time bc shifts are 20% faster in M then S.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    i do it all in M but you can do it that way also start in S then go to M, i think M you get a better time bc shifts are 20% faster in M then S.
    I didnt know that it shifts faster in "M". Appreciate the info!! I was just assuming "S" shifted at redline perfect so wasnt room for error or early shifts
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    470
    Rep Points
    487.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    I didnt know that it shifts faster in "M". Appreciate the info!! I was just assuming "S" shifted at redline perfect so wasnt room for error or early shifts
    i thought the same but after 3yrs of having my beast but you learn i did Click here to enlarge

    are you leaving your car stock?
    i wish i could get my hands on a p31 c63, i think 11.5's 11.6's with out tune or headers is possible with lightweight mods.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Points
    35.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Pretty cool. I just picked up a vbox last week. Can't wait to try it out. The hard part is finding a nice stretch of road =/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    i thought the same but after 3yrs of having my beast but you learn i did Click here to enlarge

    are you leaving your car stock?
    i wish i could get my hands on a p31 c63, i think 11.5's 11.6's with out tune or headers is possible with lightweight mods.
    Going to have jeremy tune it, but I plan on leaving it stock besides that. Although after hearing and seeing his car, the Gintani exhaust system is very tempting. But ill prob leave it stock, besides the tune. But I have to say the p31 car is very strong, I was surprised how fast it is.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gixxer_kidd Click here to enlarge
    Pretty cool. I just picked up a vbox last week. Can't wait to try it out. The hard part is finding a nice stretch of road =/
    Congrats, definitely get some runs in! Remember cant be more than a 3% decline to be accepted. I got to find a new spot as well
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Good runs Sammy, thanks for sending me this last night.

    Yes, the slope exceeds what is allowed but that is ok, this is sort of a general idea. You can likely improve with some practice so no big deal.

    Edited the thread title.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Good runs Sammy, thanks for sending me this last night.

    Yes, the slope exceeds what is allowed but that is ok, this is sort of a general idea. You can likely improve with some practice so no big deal.

    Edited the thread title.
    I think ill get a good time on a flat road....the fact that I was going around a bend and swerved a bit too probably slowed me down, and that it was in "S" not "M" (thanks to mthis for the info) means I definitely could of run a faster time. Hopefully I get out there tonight.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    I think ill get a good time on a flat road....the fact that I was going around a bend and swerved a bit too probably slowed me down, and that it was in "S" not "M" (thanks to mthis for the info) means I definitely could of run a faster time. Hopefully I get out there tonight.
    I have no doubts, if you need any help let me know and feel free to e-mail me any files again and I'll send you the graph ASAP.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •