Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Renntech takes world's fastest C63 record?

That is what GT Spirit is reporting:

Renntech, a Florida-based tuner, has set two world records with its CL65 AMG and C63 AMG. During a quarter mile race of 10.62 seconds at 133.7 miles per hour the Renntech CL65 earned the title of the World’s Fastest CL65. The C63 performed a similar thing. It did the quarter mile in 11.6 seconds at 125.3mph making it the Worlds Quickest Trap Speed for the C63.

The CL65 got an ECU upgrade, ram air system, intercooler upgrade, high-flow exhaust and limited-slip differential. It is unknown what upgrades where installed on the C63 AMG.

Click here to enlarge

Slower ET... but I don't believe this car is faster than MHP's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agreed. I thought MHP was fastest C63 on record....edit. just looked it up the MHP c63 trapped 124.32 but et was 11.24. So, I guess technically this Renntech c63 does have fastest trap.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's the rub. Keith has over 12 passes at 3 different tracks on 3 different nights, all 11.2X@124+ including a 124.8. The only reason Hartmut trapped 125.3 is his dismal 1.88 60' (he was spinning and we all know that when you do so your trap goes up as well). Had he cut a typical "Dads C63" 60' of 1.65-1.67 I have no question that their record run (again this was literally 1 pass v 12+ @124+ for Keith) would've culminated in a 122-123 trap. Any seasoned drag racer will tell you it's highly atypical (99.9%) for a car to net it's best ET and Trap in the same pass--again this would only happen if you made a single pass in great air that simply bettered the vehicles previous time/trap. If Keith were to spin his way to a 1.88 short time I would expect his car to trap 127+.

In fact the 11.6 ET produced by Renntech's entire C63 arsenal ($20k+) fails to beat a header/tune/filter C63 from us (mthis):

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/z.../atco11576.jpg

I've been calling for a tuner shootout (since we all seem to have C63s running around) for over a year and a half, so far no takers.

Another Top Gun Miami Mile run coming up in less than 12hrs. We have Dads car and a tune/filter only C63 running, hopefully RT will be there as well.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ps--they should enjoy the 65 record while it stands. We have a SL65 otw along with larger snails and IC. Should have the car and hardware in 2 weeks, I'll get the matching ECU/TCU tuning done in a day or two then it's testing/logging time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge

Another Top Gun Miami Mile run coming up in less than 12hrs. We have Dads car and a tune/filter only C63 running, hopefully RT will be there as well.

Thanks
    They should be there. They were there last November. I think they hit 177 mph-180 mph. They mentioned their C63 was putting down 490 whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
    They should be there. They were there last November. I think they hit 177 mph-180 mph. They mentioned their C63 was putting down 490 whp.
    Only the CL65 is registered. They claim to hit 177 in the C63 with malfunctioning radar gun, we GPS'd 183 VBox at the same event.

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Here's the rub. Keith has over 12 passes at 3 different tracks on 3 different nights, all 11.2X@124+ including a 124.8. The only reason Hartmut trapped 125.3 is his dismal 1.88 60' (he was spinning and we all know that when you do so your trap goes up as well). Had he cut a typical "Dads C63" 60' of 1.65-1.67 I have no question that their record run (again this was literally 1 pass v 12+ @124+ for Keith) would've culminated in a 122-123 trap. Any seasoned drag racer will tell you it's highly atypical (99.9%) for a car to net it's best ET and Trap in the same pass--again this would only happen if you made a single pass in great air that simply bettered the vehicles previous time/trap. If Keith were to spin his way to a 1.88 short time I would expect his car to trap 127+.

In fact the 11.6 ET produced by Renntech's entire C63 arsenal ($20k+) fails to beat a header/tune/filter C63 from us (mthis):

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/z.../atco11576.jpg

I've been calling for a tuner shootout (since we all seem to have C63s running around) for over a year and a half, so far no takers.

Thanks
    Yep, this is all correct.

However, regarding the 99.9% I have to say, my car has thus far always gotten its best traps with best ET. I don't know why.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yep, this is all correct.

However, regarding the 99.9% I have to say, my car has thus far always gotten its best traps with best ET. I don't know why.
    All that means is you haven't seen your car run to it's potential yet, watch out when it does!