Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

MIR 2/18/11 Results, New 63 and 65 AMG Records - Videos added

Again congrats to Mike, Hagi, Craig and the rest of the crew for putting on another show for us, this time in 500-1250'+ DA due to unseasonably warm weather in MD, high temp was 75F for the day.

Despite the air we set new ET and Trap Records for the 63 AMGs, mthis ended up trapping a new best of 126.99 to boot, and a new tune only 65 AMG record for MHP's new project SL65.

Mike's complete mod list as of this race:

Stock airboxes/inlets

MHP 180F Thermostat

MHP Thermal Intake Gaskets

MHP 1 7/8" SS LT Headers and 3" Mids

MHP 3" Race Catback

Drag Wheels and DRs

MHP v4 CDT (Race Gas/Spec Fuel Tuning)

Literally a bolt-on car and he didn't even have the airboxes that proved to be worth 1.5-2mph at the last rental due to the new version not being ready in time.

Some of Mike's slips:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

The SL held it's own despite the DA and heavyweight classification for the car. The car was in 100% street trim less the 18" C63 wheels with 18" Nitto DRs borrowed from mthis (thank you!), even had 3/4 tank of gas (half 93, half 100 due to misjudged fuel consump calcs). This puts us 3rd on the overall SL65 Dragtimes list after our first outing, 10.80 is the top spot and I see it as only a matter of weeks before we claim it possibly again with tuning/DRs/filters only.

Mods:

MHP v3 CDT (93 oct ECU Tuning & TCU Tuning)

BMC Drop-in Filters

Nitto 18" DRs on C63 rear wheels.

SL slips:

Hot off the drive in:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

What you had to be there to see is the absolute abuse Mike/Hagi put Mike's C63 through all day. Pass after pass after pass. 6-7 back to back was the norm between cool downs. Now compare that to the 65s (with no cooling upgrades) in which you can make 1 pass an hour if you're lucky or IATs kill the fun. Hot lapping resulted in similar ETs but a consistent drop in Trap pass after pass.

I remember the first time we went to MIR with our own C63 ran 11.595@119.75 in -1800' DA on 10/22/08, Marko ran an incredible (for the time) 10.8@132 with his modded (intake, exhaust, ice res in trunk, race gas tune, etc) CL65. Now we are doing it 20x a day N/A in a platform to which no 55k, 600, or 65 owner gave any credence to (again at that time). We've come a long way since then and there's no looking back now. We are literally just seeing the tip of the iceberg as far as M156 performance is concerned. What our team has accomplished is nothing short of astonishing, race after race, they go out and better their old record, no excuses just getting the job done. Someone asked me yesterday what I think a completely built C63 is capable of running based on dodger's times and traps, my answer was simple: A month ago I would have said XX and XX, at this point all bets are off and I'd rather sit back and watch history being made than take a guess.

Awesome job guys!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    MIR Videos:

SL65 First pass hot off street:

Mike's and Hagi's coming next, this is going to take a while lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Abuse is right that 10.78 run was after about 6 hot laps. Car ran prob 40 passes all day with all accept 3 being in the 10s
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is simply awesome. Two months and counting till our track season starts.

Goal: fastest c63 on the west coast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's your thoughts?
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    mthis:

dodger63:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Phenomenal results, guys - especially given the weather. Keep after it! You guys just keep raising the bar.

Andy, good to see you back in an AMG... Click here to enlarge Is there a thread with an expected build-progression for the SL? Custom headers with Garrett GTX turbos perhaps?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    What's your thoughts?
    Airbox, pulley, tstat, gaskets, evo rotors, c/f hood/trunk, braille battery, forged 18" rims, 17" drag wheels, c/f seat, MHP v4 tune, cams when they're ready.

Already have the MHP v3 w/ longtubes, no cats, quaife lsd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Phenomenal results, guys - especially given the weather. Keep after it! You guys just keep raising the bar.

Andy, good to see you back in an AMG... Click here to enlarge Is there a thread with an expected build-progression for the SL? Custom headers with Garrett GTX turbos perhaps?
    Thanks Brett, compliments from you are always appreciated!

It's nice to be back in an AMG, the RS4 was easily the worst car I've owned in the past I don't know...Lifetime. Ok it wasn't that bad, but I'd take my old Jeep SRT8 over it in a heartbeat. Click here to enlarge

Yes we will post a detailed thread as the build progresses. We are presently trying to decide what to do with the car before the next race, leave as is and shoot for 10s@130+ with tuning/DRs/filters only or decat it, tune for 100 oct and tow it there. Drove it round trip this time, 1060 miles in 2 days.

We will address the exhaust first (manifold back), then the intake going after the overall bolt-on record, after that it's time to get serious. You can bet your arse on custom 321 or inconel manifolds with larger snails. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    Airbox, pulley, tstat, gaskets, evo rotors, c/f hood/trunk, braille battery, forged 18" rims, 17" drag wheels, c/f seat, MHP v4 tune, cams when they're ready.

Already have the MHP v3 w/ longtubes, no cats, quaife lsd.
    I like your style. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    This is simply awesome. Two months and counting till our track season starts.

Goal: fastest c63 on the west coast.
    Awesome, love the competitive spirit!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Yes we will post a detailed thread as the build progresses. We are presently trying to decide what to do with the car before the next race, leave as is and shoot for 10s@130+ with tuning/DRs/filters only or decat it, tune for 100 oct and tow it there. Drove it round trip this time, 1060 miles in 2 days.

We will address the exhaust first (manifold back), then the intake going after the overall bolt-on record, after that it's time to get serious. You can bet your arse on custom 321 or inconel manifolds with larger snails. Click here to enlarge
    Cool - look forward to reading it. The gameplan sounds logical; chronicling the different stages so customers have an idea of what to expect at each level. As for the serious stuff... the new BW EFR turbos are getting good press, as are Garrett's new GTX offerings. Twin GTX3076r's on custom 321 manifolds ought to do it. Click here to enlarge

From what I can tell, seems to be a lot of solid technical progress being made with turbocharger hardware, just in the last couple years. Good times for boost enthusiasts. Good luck with your quest for a 10 second, grand touring 'vert.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Cool - look forward to reading it. The gameplan sounds logical; chronicling the different stages so customers have an idea of what to expect at each level. As for the serious stuff... the new BW EFR turbos are getting good press, as are Garrett's new GTX offerings. Twin GTX3076r's on custom 321 manifolds ought to do it. Click here to enlarge

From what I can tell, seems to be a lot of solid technical progress being made with turbocharger hardware, just in the last couple years. Good times for boost enthusiasts. Good luck with your quest for a 10 second, grand touring 'vert.
    You're exactly right, there have been some huge advancements in design and materials of late, we hope to incorporate some of those benefits into our package when the time comes, no reason not to.

We would like to as you so eloquently put it chronicle our staged upgrade packages for 65 AMGs with both track and dyno data to show customers exactly how their cars will perform with our upgrades.

We've really only scratched the surface with these motors even though they debuted many many lightyears ago (compared to the M156 anyway) we look forward to playing more with the M275 no question about it.

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wonderful times!!
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thatll be the fastest in the country
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Great job amg guys!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks!

According to Dragtimes we also have the highest trap of any SL65 posted regardless of level of mods:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...ag-Racing.html

Everything has been submitted so we'll be in 3rd Overall but again with the highest trap, now to put it to the ground.

edit: Entry #2 appears to be a VBox 1/4 mile submission, which isn't allowed and should be removed, so I guess that puts us #2.
    Last edited by MHP LLC; 02-20-2011 at 02:05 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Andy you SL is sick, with just tune that thing is a monster even faster once movin.
    tnx for posting the vids this is going to keep me busy for a while watching all of them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank god for homework, whatelse would we do between track days
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    Andy you SL is sick, with just tune that thing is a monster even faster once movin.
    tnx for posting the vids this is going to keep me busy for a while watching all of them.
    Thanks bro, your car pulled hard all day for as many passes as you got in, nice new high trap for you. Lots of dedication and sacrifice on your part, as I posted before, you guys are like a well oiled machine. Just goes to show what a real team can do when they put their minds to it. Thanks for all your help and loaning the Nittos for the SL65.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Videos promoted to front page

Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    awesome times!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    awesome times!
    There he is!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    here I am,here I am!! lol
    I see all of the MBW boys are here Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Despite non stop rain today we hit the dyno with the SL65 today to see the improvements made via MHP’s v3 CDT (ECU & TCU Tuning) vs stock with BMC filters, and here are the results. I used the same dyno as when I was stock (with filters then too), same brand of 93 octane (Mobil), 4th gear, and SAE correction factor with smoothing set at 5.

Best pull of 567rwhp/791rwtq SAE

Backed up with 566rwhp/778rwtq SAE

Then 563rwhp/790rwtq SAE

Assuming 20% drivetrain loss that equates to 708HP and 989lb/ft at the crank with just tuning and filters on pump gas. We are pleased and will try a dedicated 100 octane tune next.

Videos:

Picture showing a nice safe Air Fuel Ratio:

Click here to enlarge

Graphs:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

MHP v3 CDT vs Stock:

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast