Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuning

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Hammer! Perhaps i may answer that for him since we have the same one i believe, Zeitronix sells the wide bands along with the dashdaq Data logger..Jeremy tuned my car looking at those and not the dyno sniffer..great product..
    Click here to enlarge

Best ET & Mph 10.842 @ 130.96

Best 60-130 8.000

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by loco cinco cinco Click here to enlarge
    Hey Hammer! Perhaps i may answer that for him since we have the same one i believe, Zeitronix sells the wide bands along with the dashdaq Data logger..Jeremy tuned my car looking at those and not the dyno sniffer..great product..
    Thx again, I will check them out

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cant wait to hear your thoughts on both tunes as I now have a Kleemann. I may switch it up after your results. I have the Kleemann 168 and headers and meisterschaft which may or may not do much of anything. Oh and K & N drop ins.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by emoving Click here to enlarge
    Cant wait to hear your thoughts on both tunes as I now have a Kleemann. I may switch it up after your results. I have the Kleemann 168 and headers and meisterschaft which may or may not do much of anything. Oh and K & N drop ins.
    On the Dyno:

K2: 455hp/476tq
    OE: 484hp/502tq

I think the K2 is a great tune - what I liked the most was the fact that the power is very clean everywhere, especially down low. I was shocked at how smooth the car was at 900-1900 rpms. Pulled like a champ also. With the OE tune - they've simply made the K2 tune better. Same great fueling down low, however, there's more power everywhere. More importantly, OE is able to tweek the Torque limiters and this is where it is the hands down winner (and worth it in my book). With the K2 in place, you just feel like the engine management is fighting the power gains constantly. . .that feeling is gone with OE. Unfortunately, I couldn't get this to translate at the track. The most important reason being lack of traction. I was on street tires the whole day and as others have mentioned - it was 70 degrees out with +1100 DA (still don't know what that means - all I know is positive is bad, negative is goodClick here to enlarge. I used my normal launch strategy except this time I spun...and when I mean I spun - I SPUN! I really had to ease into the throttle because there was so much more power down low (and as mentioned before, the TQ management system was a lot more liberal about were to cut in). The fastest time I managed was an 11.8 at 119 with a 1.9 60'. I'm not trying to set any records but I want a consistently fast car. That being said, I think both are great tunes but OE is definitely better, not only in terms of HP/TQ but also everyday drivability ( the tq management with the K2 v OE is like headers v stock headers - you don't realize how much it's being choked until it's freed up).

Hope this helps!!!

BT

PS - even though people say you don't - my data logging on a 70 degree day shows cooling mods are necessary with ANY pulley larger than stock. Even the 168, which technically doesn't need cooling mods - NEEDS COOLING MODS!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not bad..that thing boogies. And this is the supercharged V6 right? Not the 4 cylinder?

Im thinking of getting OE to tune this guys X6 5.0...Im probably going to end up making an exhaust for him since everything is so expensive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Not bad..that thing boogies. And this is the supercharged V6 right? Not the 4 cylinder?

Im thinking of getting OE to tune this guys X6 5.0...Im probably going to end up making an exhaust for him since everything is so expensive.
    Supercharged V-8. The problem was putting down the power - when I just had a OE box tune and Kleemann headers, I ran a 11.7@120 on street tires. Have what I would guess is about 35-50 more wheel HP which means I definitely need DRs. For comparison sakes - when OE custom dyno tuned the same car with NO MODS - he was able to get 50 more whp/ 60 more wtq from just an ECU tune!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    Supercharged V-8. The problem was putting down the power - when I just had a OE box tune and Kleemann headers, I ran a 11.7@120 on street tires. Have what I would guess is about 35-50 more wheel HP which means I definitely need DRs. For comparison sakes - when OE custom dyno tuned the same car with NO MODS - he was able to get 50 more whp/ 60 more wtq from just an ECU tune!!!!!
    Please tell me you have that graph.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You definitely sold me BT. Did you run the car the other day @ MIR?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Please tell me you have that graph.
    Yes sir I do - only an ECU tune by OE tuning. Also, another 55 owner in DC went right after me and had the exact same gains on the dyno with only an ECU tune (he put out 8 more HP at stock and 10 more HP post tune).

Also - multiple AMG owners were at this tuning session and witnessed everything including the graph.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tgoss Click here to enlarge
    You definitely sold me BT. Did you run the car the other day @ MIR?
    I did but I wasn't any faster for the reasons listed about - I'm going to go cooling mods and DR's and re-run - didn't get a chance to run the K2 tune....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes sir I do - only an ECU tune by OE tuning. Also, another 55 owner in DC went right after me and had the exact same gains on the dyno with only an ECU tune (he put out 8 more HP at stock and 10 more HP post tune).

Also - multiple AMG owners were at this tuning session and witnessed everything including the graph.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...ynotune1-1.jpg
    Ok, those are some serious, serious, gains.

For anyone doubting, Jeremy knows the E55 quite well, if not better than anyone else right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hammer Down Click here to enlarge
    Thx again, I will check them out
    Sorry, Jack, been away from the forum, but yeah, Luis nailed it. I love my datalogger...in fact I friggin obsess over it. Are my short term fuel trims ok...why are iats so high..why did my afrs do that...timing.. does that look right..etc etc. lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On the Dyno:

K2: 455hp/476tq
    OE: 484hp/502tq

I think the K2 is a great tune - what I liked the most was the fact that the power is very clean everywhere, especially down low. I was shocked at how smooth the car was at 900-1900 rpms. Pulled like a champ also. With the OE tune - they've simply made the K2 tune better. Same great fueling down low, however, there's more power everywhere. More importantly, OE is able to tweek the Torque limiters and this is where it is the hands down winner (and worth it in my book). With the K2 in place, you just feel like the engine management is fighting the power gains constantly. . .that feeling is gone with OE. Unfortunately, I couldn't get this to translate at the track. The most important reason being lack of traction. I was on street tires the whole day and as others have mentioned - it was 70 degrees out with +1100 DA (still don't know what that means - all I know is positive is bad, negative is goodClick here to enlarge. I used my normal launch strategy except this time I spun...and when I mean I spun - I SPUN! I really had to ease into the throttle because there was so much more power down low (and as mentioned before, the TQ management system was a lot more liberal about were to cut in). The fastest time I managed was an 11.8 at 119 with a 1.9 60'. I'm not trying to set any records but I want a consistently fast car. That being said, I think both are great tunes but OE is definitely better, not only in terms of HP/TQ but also everyday drivability ( the tq management with the K2 v OE is like headers v stock headers - you don't realize how much it's being choked until it's freed up).

Hope this helps!!!

BT

PS - even though people say you don't - my data logging on a 70 degree day shows cooling mods are necessary with ANY pulley larger than stock. Even the 168, which technically doesn't need cooling mods - NEEDS COOLING MODS!!!
    Great write up BT! Your car is a friggin beast. Also, everyone keep in mind that no 55k motor dynoed over 500whp that day. So for BT's car to make that power on just tune, small pulley and Kleemanns is incredible. With DRs and some good DA your car will be ridiculous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Great write up BT! Your car is a friggin beast. Also, everyone keep in mind that no 55k motor dynoed over 500whp that day. So for BT's car to make that power on just tune, small pulley and Kleemanns is incredible. With DRs and some good DA your car will be ridiculous.
    Thanks Charlie!!!!!!(I sense some pride that you're "left overs" are being put to good useClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge. After being ed-u-ma-cat-ed by you guys I truly understand how meaningless dynos numbers are unless used as an evaluative tool for comparing before and after (for example K2 v. OE). I really wish I was able to do same day dynoing to compare stock v ECU tune...ECU tune v. Headers and tune...Headers and tune v Headers, pulley and tune. I think the other valuable lesson is power is meaningless without tractionClick here to enlarge; I actually have a new theory. It's a common complaint that when headers are fitted on our platform WITHOUT a pulley, that one loses some low end torque but gains more than enough up top to make it worth it. And that putting the pulley on with the headers gets the low end back (and then some) and definitely helps out on top. My theory is this; losing the low end is actually beneficial at the track because it aides with traction off the line if you're running street tires. Once the pulley's on and the low end is increased - it really is rather pointless the try to run street tires because you're going nowhere...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Edited the thread prefix, I know it is a little confusing.

The M113 E55 is the naturally aspirate motor. The ML55 is the supercharged motor. I know, confusing, but that is how Mercedes did it...
    Stock ML55 is N/A motor. I supercharged mine. Would have posted pics but not allowed?

EDIT: M113 ML55, not ML55 AMG, got it.
    Last edited by A l e x; 02-24-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by A l e x Click here to enlarge
    Stock ML55 is N/A motor. I supercharged mine. Would have posted pics but not allowed?

EDIT: M113 ML55, not ML55 AMG, got it.
    There you go, you got it Click here to enlarge

Disabled the spam filter, go ahead and post in the appropriate section.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12