Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Tuning

There are tons of questions regarding tuning for these platforms. First, understand that any time you decide to mod your car that decision is your's and your's only. Bad stuff can happen, so do your research and make sure that this is definitely the path you want to take. Once you have made that decision, talk to each tuning company and get a feel for them. Explain what you want to accomplish with your car and make sure they understand that. Making great power is nice, but it is more important to make sure that it is safe power. These motors are not to cheap to replace, and I would gladly sacrifice 20whp for a safer tune. Some of your major players out there are OE tuning, Eurocharged, Kleemann, Renntech and MHP. Everyone has a different tune and thus a different opinion. I personally love my OE tuning tune, but person X may love their Eurocharged tune and person Y will love their Kleemann tune. Asking which tune is better is pointless. Do your research. Talk to the tuning companies. Make an educated decision. Lastly, once you have your tune spend the extra money for a wideband and a datalogging unit. Monitoring your new tune is a vital part of the whole process. Remember, this is your car and your choice. The decision you make is on you and no one else so make sure you are completely comfortable with whatever direction you take!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm person Y. Thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I personally have problems making up my mind so I'm getting a little box thingy that's going to let me run both my Kleemann k2 tune and the OE dyno tune that I'm getting this week - can't wait to be able to put them side by side at the trackClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    I personally have problems making up my mind so I'm getting a little box thingy that's going to let me run both my Kleemann k2 tune and the OE dyno tune that I'm getting this week - can't wait to be able to put them side by side at the trackClick here to enlarge
    Oh thats right. Did you get your Kleemann tune back? If so, what do you think of it? What day do you see Jeremy? I am headed up Wed am.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So which tune is best?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I got it back but I had to baby it to the shop because I didn't have the 168 pulley installed so I was afraid to really run the tune for more boost when I didn't have the pulley on (the pulley's on right now but I need new motor mounts so I get the car next TuesdayClick here to enlarge. I did however go to pass somebody and the car JUMPED when I gave it my normal "passing" throttle input. Also, the guys at the shop told me he spun trying to move it around the garage (exact quote "WTF I spun the wheels just trying to get it on the lift". I'm going in on Wednesday at 3:00 for the Jeremy tune (he told me you and Clayton are coming in earlier). I asked him about keeping the K2 and his custom dyno tune and he said "no problem". I'm figuring I'm going to run the K2 for everyday and OE for the track or when I really want to embarrass somebodyClick here to enlarge. The thing I'm worrying about now is traction of the line...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blackbenzz Click here to enlarge
    So which tune is best?
    We'll find out soon enough - baseline on Wednesday is going to be Kleemann - then Jeremy is going to custom tune it. Unfortunately, he's waiting to get his "black boxes" so I'll only be running the the K2 on Friday. Once he sends me the box with my custom tune, I'll be able to run them side by side at the track on the same day. Unfortunately, I may need to get DR's for tractionClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I Also, the guys at the shop told me he spun trying to move it around the garage (exact quote "WTF I spun the wheels just trying to get it on the lift". .
    Translation.."WTF I spun into 3rd when I was racing a new Ford GT500 in your car...." lol Click here to enlarge

But seriously, pretty excited to see you test both tunes at the track. Also, I will probably be selling my drag package after this Friday...hint, hint.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    OE tuning, Eurocharged, Kleemann, Renntech and MHP.
    These seem to be the main players for this platform.

OE has the quickest/fastest setup right now, right?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Edited the thread prefix, I know it is a little confusing.

The M113 E55 is the naturally aspirate motor. The ML55 is the supercharged motor. I know, confusing, but that is how Mercedes did it...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

Yes.

Edited the thread prefix, I know it is a little confusing.

The M113 E55 is the naturally aspirate motor. The ML55 is the supercharged motor. I know, confusing, but that is how Mercedes did it...
    Thanks. I can't keep them all straight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Thanks. I can't keep them all straight.
    That is ok, I'm having some trouble getting accustomed to the Mercedes codes as well. BMW has an easier system...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We'll find out soon enough - baseline on Wednesday is going to be Kleemann - then Jeremy is going to custom tune it. Unfortunately, he's waiting to get his "black boxes" so I'll only be running the the K2 on Friday. Once he sends me the box with my custom tune, I'll be able to run them side by side at the track on the same day. Unfortunately, I may need to get DR's for tractionClick here to enlarge
    I have a black box. Wonder if you can just use mine. If I dont end up running you can use my DR's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Evosport makes some very nice products and tunes for the M113K motor as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tgoss Click here to enlarge
    Evosport makes some very nice products and tunes for the M113K motor as well.
    Evosport does not offer any tunes, they had Powerchip tuning for them but the tuner who did all the work left to form OE Tuning. So, whomever Evosport has tuning for them right now is not a premier option or one that is recommended.

They do have nice hardware.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blackbenzz Click here to enlarge
    I have a black box. Wonder if you can just use mine. If I dont end up running you can use my DR's
    as usually, totally selfless and always willing to helpClick here to enlarge I'll have to find out about the box - Charlie had the same offer with the DR's - you guys really do treat me too well!!!!!!!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey Bt! I can make room to bring an extra DR's setup which you can use all day on friday, you'll need 17mm spacers and longer bolts though since i had my calipers grinded off a bit to make them fit with a 10mm..just let me know
    Click here to enlarge

Best ET & Mph 10.842 @ 130.96

Best 60-130 8.000

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by loco cinco cinco Click here to enlarge
    Hey Bt! I can make room to bring an extra DR's setup which you can use all day on friday, you'll need 17mm spacers and longer bolts though since i had my calipers grinded off a bit to make them fit with a 10mm..just let me know
    That is pretty nice of you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Theyre part of my 10 sec recipe and the Least i can do is help a fast friend go faster Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Best ET & Mph 10.842 @ 130.96

Best 60-130 8.000

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by loco cinco cinco Click here to enlarge
    Hey L, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the thought (especially since they would be your 10 sec shoesClick here to enlarge but don't worry about it. 1) temps are supposed to be in the 60's so it's not going to be any record breaking runs (at least breaking my record!). I'm having the guys throw on my summer set up because they're stickier tires and temps can support it. I wouldn't be able to get the spacers in time and I'll just be running the K2 tune if BB black box won't work. Next time big guy, when I have both tunes at a flip of a switch and run them back to back (but I may already have my own set up by then!!!!!) THANK YOU SO MUCH, ALL OF YOU FOR THE OFFERS OF DRs!!!!!!!!!!! IT REALLY IS HUMBLING TO HAVE THE SUPPORT OF SUCH A GREAT CREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

^ What is your personal best currently at?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

11.735 at 120. 19' street tires, everything stock except Kleemann headers and an OE box tune. On Friday I'll run with an added Kleemann 168 pulley and K2 tune. Custom dyno tune on Wednesday by OE and will run them back to back at the first available track day after I get my "black box" to switch between tunes...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

11.735 at 120. 19' street tires, everything stock except Kleemann headers and an OE box tune. On Friday I'll run with an added Kleemann 168 pulley and K2 tune. Custom dyno tune on Wednesday by OE and will run them back to back at the first available track day after I get my "black box" to switch between tunes...
    Make sure you update us with those results. Also, if you intend to run back to back to see the difference I would like to document it and put it up on the front page.

When and what strip are you planning to run at?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are tons of questions regarding tuning for these platforms. First, understand that any time you decide to mod your car that decision is your's and your's only. Bad stuff can happen, so do your research and make sure that this is definitely the path you want to take. Once you have made that decision, talk to each tuning company and get a feel for them. Explain what you want to accomplish with your car and make sure they understand that. Making great power is nice, but it is more important to make sure that it is safe power. These motors are not to cheap to replace, and I would gladly sacrifice 20whp for a safer tune. Some of your major players out there are OE tuning, Eurocharged, Kleemann, Renntech and MHP. Everyone has a different tune and thus a different opinion. I personally love my OE tuning tune, but person X may love their Eurocharged tune and person Y will love their Kleemann tune. Asking which tune is better is pointless. Do your research. Talk to the tuning companies. Make an educated decision. Lastly, once you have your tune spend the extra money for a wideband and a datalogging unit. Monitoring your new tune is a vital part of the whole process. Remember, this is your car and your choice. The decision you make is on you and no one else so make sure you are completely comfortable with whatever direction you take!
    Charlie, what's a good wideband data logger?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hammer Down Click here to enlarge
    Charlie, what's a good wideband data logger?
    bump to an answer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast