Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Gintani Exhaust / OE tuned C63 Videos

This is with the Gintani Exhaust (stock headers) and OE Tune.

Shot my EVO 4G so decent but not the best audio pick up.

Let me say the exhaust sounds amazing, most exhausts I have heard on the 63's get very raspy once cats are deleted....this is not raspy at all, I was actually impressed! very clean sounding, and surprisingly not as loud as I expected for having no cats and 2 resonators believe. It is fine for a daily IMO, some drone at 2800-3000 but not bad at all, especially for being catless! At idle its not loud at all, not noticeable, very acceptable for a dd, and you would be able to drive without getting in trouble from the "MAN".

The power felt great, was linear and smooth. The torque is very different from what im use to having, thing pulled from down low to redline non stop....so much low down torque i kept spinning the tires, wasnt used to it....I can just floor it in my porsche and it takes off with no wheel spin, forgot what it was like to have a FR car.

This is a drive off

This is me driving around get on freeway, do some little pulls..GTR fly's by me, didnt even know he was there. (sorry video is upside down, not sure how to change it) Long vid but you get an idea of the interior sound from it.

Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 02-06-2011 at 04:41 AM.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Is this your new C63?

I honestly have never heard a good sounding C63 exhaust, but this sounds great. I would be worried about adding headers to that and ruining the sound.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

no, not mine. Mine is stuck on the east coast, dont think it has left yet due to snow storms! Click here to enlarge

and yes I know what you mean about the sound, I dont know how much it will alter it...I mean it is already catless...but I do hear headers make it much louder. We shall find out!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

that sounds sweet dude. its has that gintani tone to it just like the e9x m3 exhaust but this just sounds like a c63.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    that sounds sweet dude. its has that gintani tone to it just like the e9x m3 exhaust but this just sounds like a c63.
    I noticed that too, thought that was pretty cool as well. It honestly sounds very very good. I was expecting a rasp machine.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sounds good...but I prefer the raw sound of long tubes and no cats..like a space shuttle launch at WOT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Not the best audio pick up as you stated but one can get an idea. Has a little of that exotic tone to it, controlled, not just loud.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds Nice! Did you get your C63 delivered yet?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tgoss Click here to enlarge
    Sounds Nice! Did you get your C63 delivered yet?
    Yes he did: http://www.benzboost.com/showthread....y-2011-C63-P31