Close

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 274
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,282
    Rep Points
    6,859.8
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    69


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You've got plenty.
    Click here to enlarge I do.
    I can be very compe te tive
    But I..m not out to derail the system
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    Could it be based on per thread? So only 1 neg rep per thread?
    doesn't sound like it would work well to me, you could have someone that literally everyone has negged in a thread then that's it

    unlikely, but it could happen lol

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alex325i Click here to enlarge
    I guess I don't have any problems with the rep system as I am just not in the rep ''race''. Win some, lose some, I don't care as long as I don't get banned. All I want to do is read. This is the only forum I am on and I understand the need to have a rep system as I have read of other forums where threads go way off subject, but after reading this page, I wonder why people want to have as much rep as possible. Anyone feel free to answer.
    in general? why do you want to get more numbers in pacman? not identical but similar, it's a number that increases with certain actions in a positive-reward situation

    when you see your rep has gone up you get dopamine, just like achieving anything in a 'real' game. simple.

    tiny tiny doses, unlike .. i dunno, getting the top most powerful super hard to get item in a game, but it's consistent very tiny (probably until you get into the thousands) release of happy drug lol

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge I do.
    I can be very compe te tive
    But I..m not out to derail the system
    personally i was (still am) just afraid of losing my ability to post

    also, being over 100rep and actually being able to vote on posts is a fairly important part of this community

    look at that i've gone down again -_-

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Heh. Bull$#@!. I've gone from 450 down to 320ish all because I called @LostMarine a man-child/troll when he was being one. That's an attempt at suppression of dissent. It sucks, because I like to think I positively contribute to this community, but w/e. If I get neg-repped bad enough to where I can't post (at this rate its going to just take a few more days), I'll just go elsewhere and not post here anymore (and so will others if/when it happens to them).
    at least you APPEAR to have stopped dropping haha

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,222
    Rep Points
    1,034.2
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    at least you APPEAR to have stopped dropping haha
    Heh. Probably because I'm too depressed to post much, friggin water pump. I hope the new version is more reliable.

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    582.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Then i guess the easy way would be to only neg someone down to say 50 and let admin/Sticky decide their fate ?
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    840
    Rep Points
    1,040.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    it's a number that increases with certain actions in a positive-reward situation
    Yes the more people agree with you, the more rep you get. Thing is, we are on the internet and these ''people'' are mostly strangers. I mean, is the opinion of strangers really that important?

    The forums are not a place to have an ego and should not affect your self-esteem.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    when you see your rep has gone up you get dopamine
    I probably know more than anybody here what dopamine is as I am specializing in biochemistry. I just think there are better ways of feeling like you accomplished something in the 'real' life than looking at a number on a forum.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    personally i was (still am) just afraid of losing my ability to post
    I wouldn't worry about that. It is not OK for one person to make you lose all your rep and I am sure more people feel like me and they will start repping you when they see you are so down on points. You will eventually find the balance.

    I agree though, there should be a system that stops one person from banning someone. Perhaps something like when you have 0 rep, the need for a minimum of 5 people to neg rep you for you to be banned.

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    840
    Rep Points
    1,040.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    Then i guess the easy way would be to only neg someone down to say 50 and let admin/Sticky decide their fate ?
    I think the community should have the power to ban someone, but there would need to be more than one person who wants the person to be banned. If not, ONE individual can decide the fate of another, like we are seeing here.

    Sticky has the power to ban whoever, which is normal, but making him the only one able to ban is not a good idea as he could be biased and not have a problem with someone when most people do.

    50 is too much. 0 is better.

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,069
    Rep Points
    2,866.5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes cost to use those points.

    Say if that use was trying to neg rep someone with rep power of 10 again it would cost them 10 points, something like that.
    Boo! Change the system over a couple of occurrences?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The point of it is for community moderation not single person moderation.

    There definitely needs to be some balance added.
    I think people should think twice before messing/trolling with members with high rep.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    and in the same thread that said person started, and he thought he can troll without reprimand, isnt that the point of the rep system?
    I don't always agree with the stuff posted by LostMarine but getting into a battle with him is just not worth it.
    Besides I wouldn't go poking at a lion with nothing but a stick to defend myself.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Don't know about that.
    I know for me it was more of a sport getting as much rep as possible at the time.
    At the moment I just don't have the time any more to do this.
    I wish I had more time as well... I want to get up there in the rep department.

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    582.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    What if someone trolling receives 5 neg reps in a thread, they are automatically banned from posting in that thread?

    There is never going to be a ideal solution, well not one that I can think of at the moment Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,069
    Rep Points
    2,866.5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    What if someone trolling receives 5 neg reps in a thread, they are automatically banned from posting in that thread?

    There is never going to be a ideal solution, well not one that I can think of at the moment Click here to enlarge
    How about you contribute something positive to the community instead of trolling?
    Boom problem solved!

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    582.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    How exactly am i trolling when a few of us were discussing issues with the current system that even Sticky admitted could do with tweaking?
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,069
    Rep Points
    2,866.5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    How exactly am i trolling when a few of us were discussing issues with the current system that even Sticky admitted could do with tweaking?
    I'm not saying you ARE. I'm commenting on your previous post where you say "What if some one trolling receives 5 negs....."

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    582.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    I'm not saying you ARE. I'm commenting on your previous post where you say "What if some one trolling receives 5 negs....."
    Ah ok.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alex325i Click here to enlarge
    Yes the more people agree with you, the more rep you get. Thing is, we are on the internet and these ''people'' are mostly strangers. I mean, is the opinion of strangers really that important?

    The forums are not a place to have an ego and should not affect your self-esteem.



    I probably know more than anybody here what dopamine is as I am specializing in biochemistry. I just think there are better ways of feeling like you accomplished something in the 'real' life than looking at a number on a forum.



    I wouldn't worry about that. It is not OK for one person to make you lose all your rep and I am sure more people feel like me and they will start repping you when they see you are so down on points. You will eventually find the balance.

    I agree though, there should be a system that stops one person from banning someone. Perhaps something like when you have 0 rep, the need for a minimum of 5 people to neg rep you for you to be banned.
    9/10 times i don't give a damn what people think on the internet, not that i abuse this level of anonymity... flinchy is my pseudonym in everything (all over the internet, even my actual nickname) though.. so it's a bit different.

    and honestly, out of all the BMW/performance related forums, this is one of the most worthwhile staying on... so i'd rather not leave.. so no it's not their opinion at all in the end

    yeah there are much better ways to feel accomplished, it's just that's (at least a big part of) the reason people think arbitrary internet points matter.

    and yeah, i'm sure (hopefull) it'll balance it out in the end

    it just took a long time for it to actually notice anything was awry, and then it came out a lot of people were having the same problems lol

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Boo! Change the system over a couple of occurrences?


    I think people should think twice before messing/trolling with members with high rep.


    I don't always agree with the stuff posted by LostMarine but getting into a battle with him is just not worth it.
    Besides I wouldn't go poking at a lion with nothing but a stick to defend myself.



    I wish I had more time as well... I want to get up there in the rep department.
    one, a couple, it's abusing the system. if it wasn't noticed i'd be <200 and on the way down to not being able to post. broken things need fixing.

    i didn't even do any trolling, i just stood up to someone who was... and turns out that someone was a high rep member who holds grudges.. he wouldn't be allowed to be a mod on any other forum with these actions, so why should he hold mod power here?

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,069
    Rep Points
    2,866.5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    one, a couple, it's abusing the system. if it wasn't noticed i'd be <200 and on the way down to not being able to post. broken things need fixing.

    i didn't even do any trolling, i just stood up to someone who was... and turns out that someone was a high rep member who holds grudges.. he wouldn't be allowed to be a mod on any other forum with these actions, so why should he hold mod power here?
    Not broken. Been working pretty damn good if you ask me.

    With all due respect, maybe you should bring your rep up before you put yourself in a position where you are targeted. Pay your dues first.
    LM paid his dues and has EARNED his rep by contributing positively to our community. He should be allowed to use his rep as he sees fit.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Heh. Probably because I'm too depressed to post much, friggin water pump. I hope the new version is more reliable.
    Click here to enlarge. water pump woes

    keep forgetting i should get a new one 'just in case' thanks for the reminder lol

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    LM paid his dues and has EARNED his rep by contributing positively to our community. He should be allowed to use his rep as he sees fit.
    that would be too fair, and not easy enough for them..

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Not broken. Been working pretty damn good if you ask me.

    With all due respect, maybe you should bring your rep up before you put yourself in a position where you are targeted. Pay your dues first.
    LM paid his dues and has EARNED his rep by contributing positively to our community. He should be allowed to use his rep as he sees fit.
    i was over 400, 410-420, and have been consistently negatived by pretty much a single person (to the tune of 250+ by this stage) over the last weekish alone... enough to take me to were i am now (250ish).. without his input i'd probably be nearing 600 by now.

    that's an absolutely ass-backwards attitude

    so because he USED to be a good member.. .he's allowed to basically run me off this site? you think the content i post (and will post) isn't worth me being here?..
    If you'd rather i take all my updates etc. in future to say, n54tech, first, i can do that instead...
    so because 'insert dictator x' didn't used to be a dictator, it's ok? i know it's an extreme example, but it fits the situation.

    NO ONE here has the right to target a user without due reason, i mean, if sticky suddenly banned you just because he can even though no other user ever had anything bad to say about you, and you never did anything wrong (even to sticky himself), that's ok just because he owns the site?.. that's how you become e90post.

    not to mention, sticky agrees, as do many many other members, some of which are long standing and reputable...
    Last edited by Flinchy; 05-12-2013 at 08:31 PM.

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,069
    Rep Points
    2,866.5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    i was over 400, 410-420, and have been consistently negatived by pretty much a single person (to the tune of 250+ by this stage) over the last weekish alone... enough to take me to were i am now (250ish).. without his input i'd probably be nearing 600 by now.
    if it was something that was happening in absurd amounts then I would agree with you. But it's isolated to a couple of members out of 20 something thousand members.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    that's an absolutely ass-backwards attitude

    so because he USED to be a good member.. .he's allowed to basically run me off this site? you think the content i post (and will post) isn't worth me being here?..
    If you'd rather i take all my updates etc. in future to say, n54tech, first, i can do that instead...
    so because 'insert dictator x' didn't used to be a dictator, it's ok? i know it's an extreme example, but it fits the situation.
    I disagree. He continues to be a good member. If he wasn't the community would slowly start to chip away at his rep, that is obviously not the case here. People seem to agree(for the most part) with his posts the majority of the time. If this wasn't so his rep would reflect it. It's just as hard to KEEP rep as it is to get it.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    NO ONE here has the right to target a user without due reason, i mean, if sticky suddenly banned you just because he can even though no other user ever had anything bad to say about you, and you never did anything wrong (even to sticky himself), that's ok just because he owns the site?.. that's how you become e90post.

    not to mention, sticky agrees, as do many many other members, some of which are long standing and reputable...
    You are right, no one has the right to target with out due reason. So you mean to tell me that LM(or whom ever it is) just woke up one day and said "from this day forward I will $#@! with flinchy"? I highly doubt that.
    Sticky wouldn't suddenly ban me, he's not that type of person. BUT I bet he would $#@! with me and any one else that $#@!ed with him. Believe it or not LM and Sticky are extremely fair.
    Please don't compare us to E90 post. As long as there is a rep system we will never become them.
    If this place was anything like e90 I doubt you would be posting at all.

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,069
    Rep Points
    2,866.5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Lulz... I wonder who negged me.

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    if it was something that was happening in absurd amounts then I would agree with you. But it's isolated to a couple of members out of 20 something thousand members.


    I disagree. He continues to be a good member. If he wasn't the community would slowly start to chip away at his rep, that is obviously not the case here. People seem to agree(for the most part) with his posts the majority of the time. If this wasn't so his rep would reflect it. It's just as hard to KEEP rep as it is to get it.

    You are right, no one has the right to target with out due reason. So you mean to tell me that LM(or whom ever it is) just woke up one day and said "from this day forward I will $#@! with flinchy"? I highly doubt that.
    Sticky wouldn't suddenly ban me, he's not that type of person. BUT I bet he would $#@! with me and any one else that $#@!ed with him. Believe it or not LM and Sticky are extremely fair.
    Please don't compare us to E90 post. As long as there is a rep system we will never become them.
    If this place was anything like e90 I doubt you would be posting at all.
    so just because it's only a couple of members getting run off this site, it's ok, they're worthless, they can leave? that's what i'm getting from this post..

    he did, what happened: LM was ripping on tony, i saw this as a bit OTT< i provided some links answering his questions (he has a self imposed ban from reading tony's threads) in the process of which i inadvertently defended tony.. then i was proceeded to be (largely unprovoked) called a retard etc. etc. by one LM.

    people $#@! with sticky all the time, he has, to date, from what i've seen, resolved issues with those members so they can stay on the site or at least made EVERY effort to. i have not yet met an admin that does this before, i'll admit... yeah if it gets a bit ridiculous he'll unleash a neg rep, but he even tends to modify the power to suit the crime, like everyone at high power should.

    sticky even said there was a lot of neg reps frequently from a single member for me in particular

    on completely random/helpful/useful posts

    i should get neg reps on perfectly inoffensive + useful posts and that's ok? because that's what's been happening.

    your second paragraph isn't entirely true... if you piss off a handful of low rep members, it's a drop in the ocean, as long as you keep the high rep members happy, and that's basically what's happened

    because i have relatively low rep and really can't do anything other than take it, it's fine to $#@! with me.

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,069
    Rep Points
    2,866.5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    so just because it's only a couple of members getting run off this site, it's ok, they're worthless, they can leave? that's what i'm getting from this post..
    yes. If their post are worthless then they can kick rocks. The community will be the judge of that.
    Its happened before.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    he did, what happened: LM was ripping on tony, i saw this as a bit OTT< i provided some links answering his questions (he has a self imposed ban from reading tony's threads) in the process of which i inadvertently defended tony.. then i was proceeded to be (largely unprovoked) called a retard etc. etc. by one LM.
    Im sure Tony can defend himself without anyone's help.
    Again learn to pick your battles.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    people $#@! with sticky all the time, he has, to date, from what i've seen, resolved issues with those members so they can stay on the site or at least made EVERY effort to. i have not yet met an admin that does this before, i'll admit... yeah if it gets a bit ridiculous he'll unleash a neg rep, but he even tends to modify the power to suit the crime, like everyone at high power should.
    Sticky is nothing like any mod. It is his JOB to be fair. It's what the German Boost network is all about.
    LM should be able to do what he wants with his rep.
    Maybe you should stop $#@!ing with certain people?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    sticky even said there was a lot of neg reps frequently from a single member for me in particular

    on completely random/helpful/useful posts
    Sticky should look into the "why" LM had it in for you. Why would LM go out of his way to spread his rep to neg you again and again.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    i should get neg reps on perfectly inoffensive + useful posts and that's ok? because that's what's been happening.
    kind of how you negged me right?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    your second paragraph isn't entirely true... if you piss off a handful of low rep members, it's a drop in the ocean, as long as you keep the high rep members happy, and that's basically what's happened

    because i have relatively low rep and really can't do anything other than take it, it's fine to $#@! with me.
    .

    if I piss of the community as a whole it will show. It makes perfect sense.

    My advice to you is bring your rep up, . And quit your $#@!ing.

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    yes. If their post are worthless then they can kick rocks. The community will be the judge of that.
    Its happened before.
    yes, the community, not one user, hence this discussion

    at the moment, these tasks are capable of being taken on by ONE user, not THE COMMUNITY

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Im sure Tony can defend himself without anyone's help.
    Again learn to pick your battles.
    no, if you know anything about LM, he wouldn't and doesn't listen to him, i had access to the information, so i provided? it's how a forum works

    just because you ask a vendor a question and another user who knows the answer gets to you first doesn't mean you get angry at said user...

    and there was no 'battle' it was a simple piece of information

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge

    Sticky is nothing like any mod. It is his JOB to be fair. It's what the German Boost network is all about.
    LM should be able to do what he wants with his rep.
    Maybe you should stop $#@!ing with certain people?
    yeah and at the momet it's not fair?

    i have not once $#@!ed around with anyone. find a single post where i have. just one.

    ok fine, if you want it your way you can help out LM, speed the process up, combined you could have me off this site within 4-5 days. seriously. go nuts.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky should look into the "why" LM had it in for you. Why would LM go out of his way to spread his rep to neg you again and again.


    kind of how you negged me right?
    exactly, there is absolutely no reason for it, i did nothing to garner REASONABLE negative attention.

    so what if i negged you? some neg reps are deserved. that's what the system is there for... ignorant/trollish posts get negative reps and useful+constructive posts get +rep...i freely admit at least a few points out of the 250-300 i've lost recently are more than likely fair. but i seriously doubt that's even 20-30 legitimately.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    if I piss of the community as a whole it will show. It makes perfect sense.

    My advice to you is bring your rep up, . And quit your $#@!ing.
    are you not listening to a word i'm saying? it's PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for me to get my rep up enough to overcome the amount of negatives i'm getting from ONE person let alone the potential couple of other legitimate neg's... even with some people who are atively giving random +ves when they notice my rep has dropped again, it's not really slowing it down.

    hence the system is FLAWED

    i've lost probably 30 today alone, without posting anything to deserve it. if not more (with a couple of +ve to bump it up..).. besides, you don't think 400 rapidly approaching 500 and rising is an indication that i'd been a quality member for a while? not that you can tell now.
    Last edited by Flinchy; 05-12-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •