Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

What is going on in Egypt

This is ridiculous, the riots,violence, lawlessness. The U.S. Embassy has already started evacuating Americans. Obama spoke to several other leaders regarding the country's stability and says he supports the president but wants the move to democracy in an orderly fashion.

I don't see how this will work as the people of Egypt view the current president as oppressive and I'm sure something big is going to happen in the weeks to come...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    from my understanding is that they want him out. When the next person who steps into power (who sides more on the terrorist guys), there goes oil prices. Terrorists will have control of one of the most important shipping routes in the world.

People in that side of the world are nuts. They dont like their guy in power, so they kick him out and elect the new guy who promises hope and reform, and it ends up being the same. Only now its not in favor of the rest of the world.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    *sigh* I'm so glad I live in the good ol' USA...

Honestly, I wish I could help them(that side of the world). I've always thought about flying over there and setting up schools for people to get educated, because without education, you are unable to open your eyes and see the world for what it is. uneducated people always think backwards...(imo).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    *sigh* I'm so glad I live in the good ol' USA...

Honestly, I wish I could help them(that side of the world). I've always thought about flying over there and setting up schools for people to get educated, because without education, you are unable to open your eyes and see the world for what it is. uneducated people always think backwards...(imo).
    The problem is that education can almost be put in the context as politics or religious beliefs..you are being taught a certain thing (except for history perhaps). Sure you can teach other people the ways of how this world works but I am seeing more and more than the world is a corrupt place in itself, and we as the United States put a lot of pressure on other countries to suit our needs..which isnt cool. Plus our actions in the media make us not so favored in some places. Jersey Shore in Italy anyone? THey are already pissed off about that..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, the media really $#@!s stuff up, but it is what it is. We can't do anything.

I should have specified about the education, but I guess anything you teach is always biased...and there are always going to be flaws, no matter how much you try to make it work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    The problem is that education can almost be put in the context as politics or religious beliefs..you are being taught a certain thing (except for history perhaps). Sure you can teach other people the ways of how this world works but I am seeing more and more than the world is a corrupt place in itself, and we as the United States put a lot of pressure on other countries to suit our needs..which isnt cool. Plus our actions in the media make us not so favored in some places. Jersey Shore in Italy anyone? THey are already pissed off about that..
    Exactly! Your post is spot on!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They say the pyramids are the result of Chuck Norris building a sandcastle.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    For the most part the Egyptians are pretty moderate. They have a very professional Army and I have worked with several Egyptian Artillery Officers in the past. I have alot of faith in their ability to be the "King Maker," and support the next leader. In many ways North Africa is a bulwark against Islamic Fundamentalism. After over two years in Iraq, one year of that as an advisor to the Iraqi Army, and several years working with the Jordianians and Lebanese, I can say that a heck of a lot of Middle Easterners are extremely civilized and educated. 75% of the Tunisians that were revolting a few weeks ago had University Degrees and speak french. There is more of a class seperation in Egypt and that is reflected in Education and wealth disparity. So, hopefully ignorance and extremisim in the middle east will fall to the sword of democracy and the will of the people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    from my understanding is that they want him out. When the next person who steps into power (who sides more on the terrorist guys), there goes oil prices. Terrorists will have control of one of the most important shipping routes in the world.

People in that side of the world are nuts. They dont like their guy in power, so they kick him out and elect the new guy who promises hope and reform, and it ends up being the same. Only now its not in favor of the rest of the world.
    who is the next person you say sides with terrorists?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great insight, but when you look at the middle east, majority of the people there are not educated. 75% of those revolting, while being a huge percent, does not take into account all those not protesting.

What I'm trying to get at is, if majority of the people get educated, they can change the system from the inside, instead of having to do protests, but I will agree with you FBG - one day, they will learn.

When that day is, I don't know, but whenever it occurs - the world will be a changed place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great insight, but when you look at the middle east, majority of the people there are not educated. 75% of those revolting, while being a huge percent, does not take into account all those not protesting.
    Education for what? Everything happens because of Allah right? Done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

What I'm trying to get at is, if majority of the people get educated, they can change the system from the inside, instead of having to do protests, but I will agree with you FBG - one day, they will learn.

When that day is, I don't know, but whenever it occurs - the world will be a changed place.
    MOST of the problems in the middle east are not because of the population, but because of the leaders trying to control the population. The leaders are scum, all of them; the people are miserable and I do feel bad for a lot of those countries, to name a few; lebanon, syria, algeria (can you say civial war?), tunisia, libya ($#@!hole but getting better) and etc...

Its the leaders that are exploiting the resources for themselves, they need to listen to the people. And the people need to start being serious about what type of country they want.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    30 years ago here people were saying `When monster goes out, an angel comes in` , but now we can see `When monster goes out , the devil comes in`.
    and that's what is going on in Egypt , if Ikhwan al muslimin recieve the power in Egypt , i can't expect anything less than a war

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Education for what? Everything happens because of Allah right? Done.
    Everything is in god's hands if that's what you're referring to? but then you get into a conversation about fate/destiny if what you're doing is destined to happen or if you have control etc...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Its the leaders that are exploiting the resources for themselves, they need to listen to the people. And the people need to start being serious about what type of country they want.
    I agree 100%. Those corrupted ass mother $#@!ers steal money from the government. Iraq is a prime example - 2nd largest oil producer in the world, and the people look in garbage cans for food.

I've gone to pakistan numerous times, and every time I hope that something has changed for the better, but it always seems to be worse. Even though some people get more money, the rest of the citizens don't have $#@!. The other problem is, majority of the people wanting to get an education leave the country, and don't plan on coming back, so the country suffers even more.

*sigh* We'll see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Everything is in god's hands if that's what you're referring to? but then you get into a conversation about fate/destiny if what you're doing is destined to happen or if you have control etc...
    What I'm referring to is that they are stuck in the Dark Ages where "god" is the answer to everything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What I'm referring to is that they are stuck in the Dark Ages where "god" is the answer to everything.
    They're stuck there because that is the only light they have...unfortunately. If they try to do anything else, their life is at risk, and more than likely, they'll end up shot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The other problem is, majority of the people wanting to get an education leave the country, and don't plan on coming back, so the country suffers even more.

*sigh* We'll see.
    we call it here Running Brains , and if i could i would do that too. when government don't give a $#@! about your ability all you do is running from your country. the problem is you guys never experienced living in these situtaions
    There was a guy here who invented an engine which was working with water, just water . he went straight to an Iranian car maker but what they did? nothing absolutely nothing. what happened to the Inventor?no one knows , but all we know is he was banned to leave the country.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know what you mean. Fortunately, India seems to be one of the only countries where violence hasn't hit too hard. There was a guy who made a HELICOPTER in a small ass village using local parts. Not a car, not a boat, but a damn helicopter!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not just answer , Akhonds were poisoning people's brain for many years and as the result people don't know what is God and they are scared of God!
    to most people God is a monster which will suffer you in hell if you do bad things, they forgot God can be the kindest at the same time

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They're stuck there because that is the only light they have...unfortunately. If they try to do anything else, their life is at risk, and more than likely, they'll end up shot.
    Maybe they will have the "enlightenment" in a few hundred years.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    everytime i think about countries like Iran , i get pissed . i can't imagine how can 1 guy $#@! the life millions of people
    i'm going to get a scotch , salute everyone

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shahsk Click here to enlarge
    who is the next person you say sides with terrorists?

I forget who it is, but Fox News said the guy the people were pushing for was more of an islamic radical....those guys Im scared about cuse they believe in blowing themselves up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe they will have the "enlightenment" in a few hundred years.
    Click here to enlarge wishful thinking?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I forget who it is, but Fox News said the guy the people were pushing for was more of an islamic radical....those guys Im scared about cuse they believe in blowing themselves up...
    You mean elbaradei? he has ikhwan al muslimin's full support which are some crazy head terrorists

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast