Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Vorsteiner products being made in china? Facing quality issues?

Mr.5 over on e90 post has expressed his anger towards prestige tuning company Vorsteiner.

From Mr.5 Himself
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr. 5 Click here to enlarge
    I'm writing this to warn everyone.
    I got in an accident on Oct 1st and thought that I would replace my hood with a CF hood.
    I've been driving around with a screwed up hood since.

I ordered it through my body shop on Oct 7th.
    They told me that it would be 4 weeks.
    4 weeks later they said 4-6 weeks.
    6 weeks later they said 6-10 weeks.
    Before Christmas, they said before the New year.
    Wednesday, they said in a week and a half.

This is absolutely ridiculous.
    They say that they do all work in their warehouse but then they can't even produce a product.
    They don't let anyone see their warehouse where they "make" anything.

How is it that they make everything here but have no inventory?
    There are just so many questions and so many issues.
    They said on the 6th week that they started production on my hood and that they will tell the product line to speed up. What a joke!

People talk about Vorsteiner like they are the best thing in the world when in fact, nobody knows that much about them.
    I should have figured it out at bimmerfest when I asked them how much the hoods weigh and they couldn't understand why I was asking the question.
    "Yes", I said, "I'd like the hood mainly for lightweight reasons."

My body shop told them that I was really pissed and that this is getting overly ridiculous. They said, "Well, tell him that we'll give him a free CF license plate frame". That pissed me off so bad.
    I told my body shop to tell them that they can shove that frame up their ***.

I have never been as pissed off at a company as much as I am with Vorsteiner. I feel really bad for all of the vendors that have to deal with all this because the middle man really gets screwed.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr. 5 Click here to enlarge
    Well this is interesting.
    All they know is that I am just some random customer from a body shop.
    They have no clue that I am so active in the community.
    Believe me when I say that there's no way that I should get treated any diffently but there are a lot of vendors (especially the ones that solely rely on marketing) to make sure that these experiences stay far from the forums.

I think that most of you guys on this forum will realize that I stay true to what I believe is good and what I believe is bad.
    I've done a lot of reviews on this forum and there's no way that I would review a product if I didn't believe in it.

Usually, things that suck I keep to myself but this is a completely different story.
    BTW, My body shop brought up to Vorsteiner about how they are getting everything from China. They completely and 100% denied that.
    If what they say is true then why don't they let ANYONE in ther warehouse?
    Why does it take this long to produce ANYTHING?

FWIU, Challenge cranks out a CF product in about 4 days after they get the order. Too bad they are so expensive.
    discuss
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Well, I think we have our main story for the week.

It is true that we do not know much about Vorsteiner and that all of a sudden out of nowhere they are some big player because they made a vid of a widebody. Hell, they didn't even bother getting back to me when I expressed interest in that $25k widebody.

He is not the first one to express concerns about Vorsteiner's quality/customer service and most it is likely made overseas exactly as stated. I'll do some research and see what I can dig up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

You know what I find hysterical is the vorsteiner fan boys. They'll bash someone else for having a csl trunk that isn't a vorsteiner and call it a replica. Um, as far as I know there is no E9x CSL over in Europe so I don't see how a csl trunk regardless of who manufactures it is being called a replica and vorsteiner gets to hold the crown as the "original"

They make some nice looking parts for sure. But from some of the horror stories I have heard, I would rather find another company (such as duke dynamics)
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    You know what I find hysterical is the vorsteiner fan boys. They'll bash someone else for having a csl trunk that isn't a vorsteiner and call it a replica.
    Those have to be e90post members, retarded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Same $#@! happened to me and HPF. I've had nothing but bad experiances with vorsteiner but sometimes there the only ones who have the part. There parts never fit. For the
    money they charge it should be mint. I've had pieces arrive broke. It's a joke. I'd rather shop eBay and have a good bodyshop.

For certain parts vorsteiner is the only place that makes
    stuff. I'm convinced there product is made over sea or
    some kind of sweat shop labor going on there.

Who doesn't stock parts that are in demand?? There reason why they don't stock is because the carbon can get damage/warped some $#@! like that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I got a 100 dollar csl trunk lol. When next to each other vorsteiner does look better.
    I'm in process of looking for some kind of trunk spoiler/lip so I can put
    my stock one
    back on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

hmm pretty interesting, wonder what's up with Vorsteiner, they also just came out with a line up of rims as well wonder how long those take
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

They told me that there Most important thing is that each piece is perfect. That's why they don't mass produce. To bad almost every piece I seen was far from perfect and no better the eBay parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was pretty much the 1st E46 customer of Vorsteiner. I had the first hood and front bumper from them. Although happy with them for awhile, it has been 2-3 years where i was owed a new hood and its quite frankly IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of Peter. Before, Peter would gladly talk to me. 2 Bimmerfest's ago he came to see me and told me he owes me a hood since the "early" versions seem to crack. Im quite pissed off that they have been like this because they just have alot of business now...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

ive read similar things on e90post, and ive heard alot of things online about parts fittings poorly, but i heard its because they use a mold like 5 times to make a certain parts and parts 4,5 etc dont fit as good as 1 and 2
    does seem odd how long it takes them to make parts, but they do make nice looking parts
    i think i remember jlevi saying that they do make their parts in their factory but jlevi also seems like vorsteiner fan boys

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    hmm pretty interesting, wonder what's up with Vorsteiner, they also just came out with a line up of rims as well wonder how long those take
    theres a thread i remember reading on e90post about who produces their wheels

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

i have seen alot of poor fitting piece from them.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would almost guarantee their products are not produced in the USA. I have always had that feeling.

They should do a video tour of their facilities, if they want to prove it wrong.

I remember a guy removed his damaged Vorsteiner lip of his E92 and cut it in half on a bandsaw to see how it was made. That thread became a Vorsteiner fanboy $#@! storm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    They should do a video tour of their facilities, if they want to prove it wrong.
    Heh, maybe some "creative" reporting is in order.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    I remember a guy removed his damaged Vorsteiner lip of his E92 and cut it in half on a bandsaw to see how it was made. That thread became a Vorsteiner fanboy $#@! storm.
    Link?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

China makes great stuff. You get what you pay for when you manufacture in China. Of course the customer feels like they didn't when it's high end.