Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gintani st2+ M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    The V8 itself isn't special. Any 8K+ RPM motor is cool, whether it be a H6, I4, V12 or rotary.
    I don't get it, because of its cylinder count it isn't?

The M3 would make a more comfortable DD, that is for sure. It seems the S65 would need to be built to take more boost.... right?
    Yep, to get significantly over 600 whp. Why wouldn't the GT2 need to do the same? Those rods give out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't get it, because of its cylinder count it isn't?

Yep, to get significantly over 600 whp. Why wouldn't the GT2 need to do the same? Those rods give out.
    I just have a pet peeve with people saying, "It's a v8" and act like it automatically makes their car cool or fast. So what? You can have a strong V8, H6, V-Twin, I4, V6, V12, V10, H12, I6, etc. I think my annoyance with it came from being around all the "truck people" and junked out Mustangs, Corvettes and Camaros here in Corpus Christi. Lol I didn't mean to direct all this hatred towards you.

I have a few stories about it happening and me actually getting into a race. I had one guy in a WS6 Trans-Am laugh when I said I had a 3.0L V6 in my Z, and then he even did a burnout at the light, I guess to intimidate me? He wouldn't even look at me at the next stoplight after getting pulled by about 8 cars from 40-120.

Basically, the motor in the M3 would be "special" regardless of whether it is was V8 or not, and listing the V8 as a selling point over the TT H6 in the GT2 just seemed to support that "OMG V8 or nothing" mentality. Didn't mean to go off on a rant, just wanted to explain myself better.

I agree the M3 would be more pleasurable during cruising moments and "normal" driving, although I'm sure the GT2 is a blast as well, probably just really stiffly sprung.

I thought the TT 3.6 was stronger than that. So nobody has pushed past 600whp in a 996 GT2 on stock internals?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thnks everyone. even with my schedule at the moment, i honestly only drive the car maybe 1-2x per wk!!! so when i have a kid i wont have any time to drive this car. so its better that it goes to someone who would enjoy her instead of having her sit in the garage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I just have a pet peeve with people saying, "It's a v8" and act like it automatically makes their car cool or fast. So what? You can have a strong V8, H6, V-Twin, I4, V6, V12, V10, H12, I6, etc. I think my annoyance with it came from being around all the "truck people" and junked out Mustangs, Corvettes and Camaros here in Corpus Christi. Lol I didn't mean to direct all this hatred towards you.
    I'm referring to a special kind of V8, the S65. It is nothing like the V8's the guys with Camaro's and such are used to. I understand your line of thinking but it isn't applicable towards how I feel about the motor.

I thought the TT 3.6 was stronger than that. So nobody has pushed past 600whp in a 996 GT2 on stock internals?
    Yes, they have, but you are asking for trouble. Just as if you pushed past 600 whp on the S65 whose limits we do not even know yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

After driving a 997, I could never deal with the cheap 996 interior.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    After driving a 997, I could never deal with the cheap 996 interior.
    The 996 interior definitely is crap compared to the 997.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Look i told to upload more photos about your car with those awesome wheels , you didn't and you have to sell it now Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
    Look i told to upload more photos about your car with those awesome wheels , you didn't and you have to sell it now Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    hahaha sorry just got back from mammoth last nite, the car is for sale, hahahha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beautiful car, good luck with the sale.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KiokenM3 Click here to enlarge
    hahaha sorry just got back from mammoth last nite, the car is for sale, hahahha
    Skiing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
    Skiing?
    hell no, snowboarding

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hot wheels. GLWS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    OOOOHHHHH.. I forgot about this.. still for sale Click here to enlarge?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you ever wanted to sell the wheels i am interested and will buy them no problem, just PM me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12