Close

Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No

    What happened to VRP, Vadim, and Vrus?

    What happened to these guys? VRP was Vadim's company right? Noticed Vrus was banned from MBworld.

    I know it looked pretty bad when Vadim was claiming he would build a 1000 rwhp car only for his solution to be rear mount turbos and the owner got sick of waiting on the car after all the $ and it put up pathetic numbers.

    So what happened?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    212
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What happened to these guys? VRP was Vadim's company right? Noticed Vrus was banned from MBworld.

    I know it looked pretty bad when Vadim was claiming he would build a 1000 rwhp car only for his solution to be rear mount turbos and the owner got sick of waiting on the car after all the $ and it put up pathetic numbers.

    So what happened?
    VRP was Victor Rissuto's company based in Canada. He had a satelite shop based in SoCal that was run by Vadim.

    There is too much to post but the gist of it is as follows:

    Victor who makes a living building porn and gambling sites on the net (car business was a side job) ended up severing himself from Vadim who went on to rename his shop "Fedor Dezign" due to issues they were having. There were quite a few posts about dishonesty going on at the CA shop that Vadim ran including a questionable 4th of July insurance fire (firecracked allegedly landed on a metal roof causing a fire and destruction of vehicles that hadn't moved in years).

    One SL customer who had been promised 4 turbos and 1000HP found his car sitting after 2 years with rotted tires, it was "reclaimed" shortly thereafter. Other customers posted that their ECUs had been read out without their permission while at VRP, shody work had been done aka they forgot to reconnect vacuum lines and even tighten down the battery cables.

    So Vadim shot himself in the foot by being shady apparently. Some of you may know him from his days running the SHO shop.

    Victor's nail in the coffin came when the pulleys he had made and sold for 55Ks began to fall apart, thereby causing PtV failures in several dozen motors. At this point he simply vanished off the face of the net. There were other allegations mainly of software theft, but that seems to be the norm with hack shops.

    Anyway, that's why you don't read about him or anything they ever did (which really wasn't much to begin with) anymore. Just another couple of scumbags to add to the pile.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    Victor who makes a living building porn and gambling sites on the net (car business was a side job) ended up severing himself from Vadim who went on to rename his shop "Fedor Dezign" due to issues they were having. There were quite a few posts about dishonesty going on at the CA shop that Vadim ran including a questionable 4th of July insurance fire (firecracked allegedly landed on a metal roof causing a fire and destruction of vehicles that hadn't moved in years).
    I heard about that "fire" on 4th of July. Insurance didn't cover it, right?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    One SL customer who had been promised 4 turbos and 1000HP found his car sitting after 2 years with rotted tires, it was "reclaimed" shortly thereafter. Other customers posted that their ECUs had been read out without their permission while at VRP, shody work had been done aka they forgot to reconnect vacuum lines and even tighten down the battery cables.
    The "1000 hp" rear mount SL was a joke. I said this from the beginning but no one wanted to hear it, instead they all got on their knees. Well, the owner learned his lesson and so did everyone else.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    Anyway, that's why you don't read about him or anything they ever did (which really wasn't much to begin with) anymore. Just another couple of scumbags to add to the pile.
    Thanks for your post. Good riddance to them and I hope they stay gone although I have heard Vadim is still trying to get back in the game...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Found this:

    Nik,

    This is my experience with Vadim Fedorovsky from VRP Tuning in Costa Mesa. Do Not Do Business With These Con-Artists and Liars!!!! I spent over 30k in mods and a year and two blown pistons on my C55 AMG Mercedes Benz.

    Here is my story.

    VRP takes on so many NEW projects (i.e. VRP1000, VRP750, VRP5.7 bottom, 63 Supercharger, etc…) at the same time and I know they only have two guys working directly on all the cars in their Costa Mesa shop. Expect a long wait.. My car sat there for months at a time, rarely being worked on because they were too busy to get to it or was a lower priority than their other R&D projects. I had to call every week to beg and plead to get them working on my car.

    Once I received my C55. They could not turn off my check engine light after the long tube headers were installed at least a year ago. The car still idles uneven and quite lumpy at intersections at least 20% of the time!

    I asked to be present when VRP dyno’d my car. Instead, they went ahead without me. I asked for repeat dyno and they put me on a long waiting list at Powertrain Dynamics and I had to pay for it although I already forked out tens of thousands to Vadim in tunes and all the hardware. I took it to an independent dyno shop in SD (JBA Performance) which he now claims was the cause for further damage to 2 of my pistons!

    I asked Vadim/VRP/POWERCHIP to fix my check engine problem which first appeared immediately after he installed my headers, cats and cams? I’ve paid them over $30K in mods and they can’t fix a simple CEL even if the Headers & Cats are from Kleemann. He insisted on using his own tune and I paid him top dollar!

    Did I mention that VRP set the inside of my engine compartment on fire when they were plumbing the fuel lines for my SC kit. My firewalls are still scorched,ugly and I got a big silver tin-foil patch on my hood cover. Quite unsightly engine bay. My inner fendor covers fell off while driving after they installed my exhaust system and I’m still missing my original plugs that I told them to save. I can go on but there’s no point anymore. A warning to all. VRP prices and custom jobs are FANTASTIC compared to competitors and could lure you into making a decision you could regret.

    Vadim, you must FINISH THE JOB you started or else you should NOT have ACCEPTED THE JOB to BEGIN with. Leaving me with a CEL on and not following through with having me witness your dyno of my car does not constitute COMPLETING A JOB.

    I think it’s ridiculous to make me a pay for every single dyno when I already paid you as much for your tuning as a Kleemann ECU program. I don’t care if your shop does not have a Dynojet. In your business you should have one and not have to charge separate for dyno time!!! If you were’nt sure you could tune the Kleemann Headers and Cats why did you SELL THEM to me and install them. These were brand new parts from Kleemann, not second-hand. I should have gotten a warranty from you. Instead you left me with no answers.

    Car idles like ****. Feels like it’s gonna die at any moment. Passengers always ask me what’s wrong with my car and worry that they may be stranded with me on the road.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Good summary Barfly.... I would like to add a small extension on the Vadim end of the story. Apparently, Jangy teamed up with a couple of mbworld members and filed suit against Vadim personally and against his business for the other guys. I'm not sure what the status of the law suit is, but rumor has it that Vadim owed over $50,000 of outstanding debt and that he was going to file for bankruptcy. Needless to say, Vadim and Victor both stopped posting although I've seen Victor continue to sell products from time to time.

    The sad part of all this is that they were both very loved enthusiasts and could've had a lot of potential in the Mercedes market, but bad business practices got the best of them.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Good summary Barfly.... I would like to add a small extension on the Vadim end of the story. Apparently, Jangy teamed up with a couple of mbworld members and filed suit against Vadim personally and against his business for the other guys. I'm not sure what the status of the law suit is, but rumor has it that Vadim owed over $50,000 of outstanding debt and that he was going to file for bankruptcy. Needless to say, Vadim and Victor both stopped posting although I've seen Victor continue to sell products from time to time.

    The sad part of all this is that they were both very loved enthusiasts and could've had a lot of potential in the Mercedes market, but bad business practices got the best of them.
    Unfortunate, but isn't Vadim still doing some car stuff?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14
    Rep Points
    11.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    these tunerz are dropping like flies ... even the "big boys" are turning out to be frauds ...

    Is there anybody legitimate left at all?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami-Wade County
    Posts
    21
    Rep Points
    10.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by anon995 Click here to enlarge
    these tunerz are dropping like flies ... even the "big boys" are turning out to be frauds ...

    Is there anybody legitimate left at all?
    RENNTech, BRABUS?
    Click here to enlarge
    "Ambition is a dream with a V8 Engine.."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23
    Rep Points
    57.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Found this:
    I remember this specifically - this is from AMGSC (Robert - as you probably already know). He has the SC'ed C55 AMG.

    Back in ~2008, the 'fit hit the shan' regarding a tuning project Vadim was supposed to complete on his car.
    AMGSC posted the above on 'The Dirty' and it didn't take any real guessing to figure out who wrote it. After the ensuing 'fecal-storm' that ensued on MBW, he was forced to make a Public Apology to Vadim on MBW.

    Of course, the good old moderators at MBW did their usual, and first deleted the apology. Then they moved it to the newly (at the time) formed C63 AMG site to ensure it wouldn't be viewed by the masses.

    Interestingly, it wasn't until much later that Vadim/Fedor Dezign went belly-up with regards to providing for MB enthusiasts.

    Most unfortunately, the Evosport / jrcart debacle has many parallels with the Vadim / AMGSC saga. Click here to enlarge I say this based on posts made by jrcart and others in the past few days.

    The predictable story will go something like this:

    1. Hot heads on both sides lead to incendiary comments and claims.
    2. Time passes and the customer realizes they had better back away (even slightly) from their initial comments in order to get the service they paid for.
    3. Ultimately the work is not done to satisfaction.
    4. Sometime later, another storm brews due to other customer dissatisfaction.
    5. Many more claims of customer dissatisfaction emerge.
    6. Eventually, the company loses the support of Mercedes Benz owners and either folds or fades into obscurity by catering to non-luxury automobiles.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by anon995 Click here to enlarge
    Is there anybody legitimate left at all?
    Sure, there are, but mostly the established big boys who are big $.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eirebenz Click here to enlarge
    Of course, the good old moderators at MBW did their usual, and first deleted the apology. Then they moved it to the newly (at the time) formed C63 AMG site to ensure it wouldn't be viewed by the masses.

    Interestingly, it wasn't until much later that Vadim/Fedor Dezign went belly-up with regards to providing for MB enthusiasts.

    Most unfortunately, the Evosport / jrcart debacle has many parallels with the Vadim / AMGSC saga. I say this based on posts made by jrcart and others in the past few days.

    The predictable story will go something like this:

    1. Hot heads on both sides lead to incendiary comments and claims.
    2. Time passes and the customer realizes they had better back away (even slightly) from their initial comments in order to get the service they paid for.
    3. Ultimately the work is not done to satisfaction.
    4. Sometime later, another storm brews due to other customer dissatisfaction.
    5. Many more claims of customer dissatisfaction emerge.
    6. Eventually, the company loses the support of Mercedes Benz owners and either folds or fades into obscurity by catering to non-luxury automobiles.
    I didn't know the story with AGMGSC, very interesting, especially the parallels you mention.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14
    Rep Points
    11.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MiamiAMG Click here to enlarge
    RENNTech, BRABUS?
    One of those is also about to go belly up soon ... you didn't hear it from me Click here to enlarge

    (my sources are very legitimate) ...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by anon995 Click here to enlarge
    One of those is also about to go belly up soon ... you didn't hear it from me Click here to enlarge

    (my sources are very legitimate) ...
    I find it hard to believe Brabus would be going belly up...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14
    Rep Points
    11.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    process of elimination ... Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Lesson learned...never give any of these tuners huge down payments on projects. A $20k project will get a $5K or so deposit and then additional $5K installments will be made when certain benchmarks have been met. This will protect the customer and motivate the shop/tuner to get things done in a reasonable amount of time so they can get their installment payments. If the shop/tuner does not have the bank roll or line of credit from their vendors to work under those terms it's time to find a new tuner. The shop is holding a $100k car as colateral, that should suffice. The days of blank checks and open ended completion dates are over. Demand weekly status updates and photo proof of the work being done or if you're local just drop by for a friendly visit and check on the work yourself.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Lesson learned...never give any of these tuners huge down payments on projects. A $20k project will get a $5K or so deposit and then additional $5K installments will be made when certain benchmarks have been met. This will protect the customer and motivate the shop/tuner to get things done in a reasonable amount of time so they can get their installment payments. If the shop/tuner does not have the bank roll or line of credit from their vendors to work under those terms it's time to find a new tuner. The shop is holding a $100k car as colateral, that should suffice. The days of blank checks and open ended completion dates are over. Demand weekly status updates and photo proof of the work being done or if you're local just drop by for a friendly visit and check on the work yourself.
    These are very wise words.

    My tuner is local which is one of the reasons I am working with them. I can always stop by and check out what is going on.

    Also, I paid a % of the total project cost they gave me and will hold them to that project cost. I will not pay the remaining balance until competition. I'm not worried though as I have done several projects with them and they came through each time. However, seeing your situation with Evosport that was similar in the sense they had come through before does not mean one should be lulled into a false sense of security.

    Times have changed as you stated. The problem is many individuals modifying luxury/exotic vehicles to a high level have a lot of money and therefore become easy targets.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by anon995 Click here to enlarge
    One of those is also about to go belly up soon ... you didn't hear it from me Click here to enlarge

    (my sources are very legitimate) ...
    Is there anything further on this?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14
    Rep Points
    11.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    pm ...

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    19.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You are dreaming.

    Both are doing great.

    You might want to check you legit source.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by anon995 Click here to enlarge
    One of those is also about to go belly up soon ... you didn't hear it from me Click here to enlarge

    (my sources are very legitimate) ...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigbobb Click here to enlarge
    You are dreaming.

    Both are doing great.

    You might want to check you legit source.
    I don't know but will be following up.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    158
    Rep Points
    176.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Oh boy, more suspense. Click here to enlarge

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by anon995 Click here to enlarge
    One of those is also about to go belly up soon ... you didn't hear it from me Click here to enlarge

    (my sources are very legitimate) ...
    I doubt that RENNtech will be going belly up anytime soon.... before going into any arguments, let me first state a couple of points:

    - In 2006, I've heard that RENNtech will go out of business in a couple of years.... hasn't happened.
    - In 2007, I've heard that RENNtech will go out of business in a couple of years.... hasn't happened.
    - In 2008, I've heard that RENNtech will file for Bankruptcy that year.... hasn't happened.
    - In 2009, I've heard that RENNtech has already been sold to Bob and a couple of investors.... hasn't happened.
    - In 2010, I've heard that RENNtech is no longer a profitable corporation.... never happened.
    - In 2011, I'm hearing that RENNtech may go belly-up soon.... I doubt it'll happen.

    In light of this nasty pattern of rumors that keep circulating around them, I think I will reserve judgement until I actually see it happen Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Exeenom; 04-14-2011 at 03:41 PM.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,453
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    I doubt that RENNtech will be going belly up anytime soon.... before going into any arguments, let me first list a couple of points:

    - In 2006, I've heard that RENNtech will go out of business in a couple of years.... hasn't happened.
    - In 2007, I've heard that RENNtech will go out of business in a couple of years.... hasn't happened.
    - In 2008, I've heard that RENNtech will file for Bankruptcy that year.... hasn't happened.
    - In 2009, I've heard that RENNtech has already been sold to Bob and a couple of investors.... hasn't happened.
    - In 2010, I've heard that RENNtech is no longer a profitable corporation.... never happened.
    - In 2011, I'm hearing that RENNtech may go belly-up soon.... I doubt it'll happen.

    In light of this nasty pattern of rumors that keep circulating around them, I will reserve judgement until I actually see it happen Click here to enlarge
    +1. Busy as a bee, I've seen it myself.
    Last edited by Exeenom; 04-14-2011 at 03:42 PM.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,453
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Lesson learned...never give any of these tuners huge down payments on projects. A $20k project will get a $5K or so deposit and then additional $5K installments will be made when certain benchmarks have been met. This will protect the customer and motivate the shop/tuner to get things done in a reasonable amount of time so they can get their installment payments. If the shop/tuner does not have the bank roll or line of credit from their vendors to work under those terms it's time to find a new tuner. The shop is holding a $100k car as colateral, that should suffice. The days of blank checks and open ended completion dates are over. Demand weekly status updates and photo proof of the work being done or if you're local just drop by for a friendly visit and check on the work yourself.
    Is that the mini giraffe from the Russian mob boss Direct TV (IIRC) commercials in your avatar?

    LOL. Love those.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •