Close

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Turbo upgrades for the M275 V12 - Where the hell are they?

    Ok, where are the turbo upgrades? Why does nobody have an aftermarket manifold? It is all the same crap right now, a tune on stock turbos and some guys throw nitrous on top of that.

    This motor is begging for at least some modified K24's, a K24/18g or a K24/20g.

    This motor should be OBLITERATING everything out there by now. Why the hell is development so slow? I understand the exhaust side of the OEM turbos is cast into the manifold. Fine, doesn't Brabus have a manifold? Nobody else has a manifold?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    This is the only manifold other than stock that I have seen, Brabus, doubt it is sold without one of their big $ money packages:

    Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Here is the stock manifold where you can see the turbo is cast into it:

    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    There is at least one car that has custom manifolds and upgraded turbos. The issue is space, tuning, and $$$ lol You blow one of these motors and the walletis gonna be hurting

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blackbenzz Click here to enlarge
    There is at least one car that has custom manifolds and upgraded turbos. The issue is space, tuning, and $$$ lol You blow one of these motors and the walletis gonna be hurting
    I believe you are referring to a guy who goes by the name "soulsearcher"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Points
    460.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ok, where are the turbo upgrades? Why does nobody have an aftermarket manifold? It is all the same crap right now, a tune on stock turbos and some guys throw nitrous on top of that.

    This motor is begging for at least some modified K24's, a K24/18g or a K24/20g.

    This motor should be OBLITERATING everything out there by now. Why the hell is development so slow? I understand the exhaust side of the OEM turbos is cast into the manifold. Fine, doesn't Brabus have a manifold? Nobody else has a manifold?

    UMMM have you ever looked at a GTR manifold? same $#@!. smaller turbo they bore them out and put garret gt2876 turbine wheels and center sections and then stuff the biggest compressor wheel possible in the stock comp housing after a bore and hone. It can be done just no one has balls like the gtr crowd

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    UMMM have you ever looked at a GTR manifold? same $#@!. smaller turbo they bore them out and put garret gt2876 turbine wheels and center sections and then stuff the biggest compressor wheel possible in the stock comp housing after a bore and hone. It can be done just no one has balls like the gtr crowd
    No doubt.

    I just don't see why someone does not contact a company good at making manifolds and even just get the stock design copied just with the ability to change the turbo instead of it being cast into it...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    71.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •