Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

V12godspeed swapping a M275 V12 into a W211 E class - EV12 on a budget

This is a very interesting project. We all know Brabus stuffs the V12 in everything but we haven't seen many shops attempt this on their own.

A guy going by the name V12godspeed has been documenting his build which is being done by speedriven:

Note, these videos aren't the best quality but the car sounds great and clearly runs:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The video doesn't play
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    The video doesn't play
    Thanks for the catch, piece of s#$ photobucket embedding.

Their embed code doesn't work, had to use their thumbnail code which actually does work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just watched the video.

That thing sounds like a speedboat when idle. We need more info on this project. I would like to know the actual cost of doing something like that.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    Just watched the video.

That thing sounds like a speedboat when idle. We need more info on this project. I would like to know the actual cost of doing something like that.
    Same here, would like to know the cost and would really like to know what is being used for tuning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I am the builder of the EV12. Thanks for posting some of the details on the project. It will be completed within the next few weeks. I will post details and more pictures this week. Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whats up Jody! Can't wait for your monster to be completed. Absolutely an incredible project bro!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Whats up Jody! Can't wait for your monster to be completed. Absolutely an incredible project bro!Click here to enlarge
    Thanks my brotha! I will post details on the long journey it has been. Boy am I anxious to see her finished! Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V12Godspeed Click here to enlarge
    Thanks my brotha! I will post details on the long journey it has been. Boy am I anxious to see her finished! Lol
    I feel your pain. This is an incredibly interesting project that I hope opens up V12 swaps to more people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Once my rookie status is removed I will post some links and give more details on the build. It is very painful and I hope it pays off. Car will be handed off this week, then it's time for tunning and bigger injectors. Speedriven is coming to tune the car once all is said and done. Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Once my rookie status is removed I will post some links and give more details on the build. It is very painful and I hope it pays off. Car will be handed off this week, then it's time for tunning and bigger injectors. Speedriven is coming to tune the car once all is said and done. Thanks!
    Has it been more than 24 hours than you registered? If so, no restrictions. Also, you can just ask me to disable it for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had a write up and some pictures but lost it all when it said I couldn't it because I neede to have 1 more day of activation, no biggie its all good. Let me retry..

Still have the same error...
    if you could lift it then that would be great!
    "An error has occurred V12Godspeed! You must be a registered member for at least 1 days in order to post links. You are a registered member since 0 days."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had a write up and some pictures but lost it all when it said I couldn't it because I neede to have 1 more day of activation, no biggie its all good. Let me retry..

Still have the same error...
    if you could lift it then that would be great!
    "An error has occurred V12Godspeed! You must be a registered member for at least 1 days in order to post links. You are a registered member since 0 days."
    It is now disabled, sorry to inconvenience you. Just done to cut down on spam.

For some reason I thought you had already been here for more than 24 hours, likely due to me being familiar with your name.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Definitely a monster build!
    Click here to enlarge

Best ET & Mph 10.842 @ 130.96

Best 60-130 8.000

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thanks,

Car is almost done...I think tuesday it rolls out of the shop and I will take another video of her running properly and hopefully a longer one. LOL, then we have to deal with tuning issues and fuel injectors. The motor was pulled out last week to have fresh plugs, new oil lines, and water lines for the turbos. It went in this week just tying up all loose ends right now.

The Videos in the beginning are open headers, no turbos or manifold attached since we had just finished doing the wiring and mocking up oil lines.

Here are a few pictures of some of the fabulous work the shop is doing. The stock intercoolers are gone, I managed to snag up some Speedriven Intercoolers from a member who had sold his car and did not need the kit anymore.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by loco cinco cinco Click here to enlarge
    Definitely a monster build!
    What's up Luis!! I am going to LM on tuesday to see the beast, I pray supy is done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will this project ultimately lead to the shop being able to do these swaps more frequently for others or is it more of a one-off?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Will this project ultimately lead to the shop being able to do these swaps more frequently for others or is it more of a one-off?
    I wish I could say man, to be honest they said they would not touch another project like this one. Click here to enlarge the labor, time, sacrifices involved and down time are just too great. Dont get me wrong money talks, BS walks, If someone popped in their doorstep monday morning with a check figure I am sure they would do it, but you must have the right people for this type of work. I did it and honestly don't even know how this thing will turn out as of now. I pray and hope this 5.4L motor will be able to spool these puppies...Prec. Turbos 6262's / T3 / .82 A/R aluminum Billet. If they don't spool given the short power band of the V12 we might have to switch to a smaller exhaust housing. Many people say they might spool and many say they will not be a good match, we will find out.

Click here to enlarge

In this project there has been many hands involved all the way from speedriven which were the shop to shoe horn the motor in, then time was running out on me and not to mention I was running out of $$, I took the decision of hauling the car back home to have my tech finish the job, he did the wiring and all the Vin coding, SCN coding, etc. This guy practically knows his stuff and has the software and tools to make this happen. The next shop out in long island did all the fab work and such an amazing job with the exhaust manifolds, custom brackets, custom motor mounts, custom oil pans etc...so many custom parts, takes a lot of time. They are finishing the car this tuesday as we speak. Time will tell if they decide to do another one, I truly understand why Brabus charges nearly 750K to build one, and their down time or waiting period is approximately 7-8 Months. I have proof of a time schedule a friend of mine sent me who has a Built Bullit by them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wish I could say man, to be honest they said they would not touch another project like this one. the labor, time, sacrifices involved and down time are just too great. Dont get me wrong money talks, BS walks, If someone popped in their doorstep monday morning with a check figure I am sure they would do it, but you must have the right people for this type of work. I did it and honestly don't even know how this thing will turn out as of now. I pray and hope this 5.4L motor will be able to spool these puppies...Prec. Turbos 6262's / T3 / .82 A/R aluminum Billet. If they don't spool given the short power band of the V12 we might have to switch to a smaller exhaust housing. Many people say they might spool and many say they will not be a good match, we will find out.
    Did they build you a custom exhaust manifold? One major benefit I can see now is the ability to use that manifold for the existing 600's and 650's. If the turbos do not work well, you should be able to use a different set, correct? You are not "stuck" with these I would think.

In this project there has been many hands involved all the way from speedriven which were the shop to shoe horn the motor in, then time was running out on me and not to mention I was running out of $$, I took the decision of hauling the car back home to have my tech finish the job, he did the wiring and all the Vin coding, SCN coding, etc. This guy practically knows his stuff and has the software and tools to make this happen. The next shop out in long island did all the fab work and such an amazing job with the exhaust manifolds, custom brackets, custom motor mounts, custom oil pans etc...so many custom parts, takes a lot of time. They are finishing the car this tuesday as we speak. Time will tell if they decide to do another one, I truly understand why Brabus charges nearly 750K to build one, and their down time or waiting period is approximately 7-8 Months. I have proof of a time schedule a friend of mine sent me who has a Built Bullit by them.
    If you could do it over again, would you go through with this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Did they build you a custom exhaust manifold? One major benefit I can see now is the ability to use that manifold for the existing 600's and 650's. If the turbos do not work well, you should be able to use a different set, correct? You are not "stuck" with these I would think.

If you could do it over again, would you go through with this?
    Absolutely, Not stuck at all, that is one of the benefits of having the turbos hang underneath the car, we could simply unbolt them and try different configurations. In terms of the 65 guys and the 600, I am not too sure their body design would be as the E55. The firewall and other body components around the engine bay is different, don't know how useful that would be.

If I had to do it over again, would I do it? Thats a tough question..Can I get back to you on that one this wednesday? LOL

If it works I would do it again, If it doesnt work I would probably not..The way I see many E55's running these days and the advancement on tuning these guys have made makes me wonder maybe my car could have been just as fast. I will let you know the answer to that question this week, promise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Absolutely, Not stuck at all, that is one of the benefits of having the turbos hang underneath the car, we could simply unbolt them and try different configurations. In terms of the 65 guys and the 600, I am not too sure their body design would be as the E55. The firewall and other body components around the engine bay is different, don't know how useful that would be.
    Have any of them looked into this? Can one just purchase the turbo manifold if they like?

If I had to do it over again, would I do it? Thats a tough question..Can I get back to you on that one this wednesday? LOL

If it works I would do it again, If it doesnt work I would probably not..The way I see many E55's running these days and the advancement on tuning these guys have made makes me wonder maybe my car could have been just as fast. I will let you know the answer to that question this week, promise.
    Understood, we will sit back and watch it pan out and I wish for the best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The most EPIC W211 build. Just the combination of White/Pano, LM's, sick brakes, and V12TT... Could any more sex be compiled into another car?! Can't wait to see it finished bro!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tgoss Click here to enlarge
    The most EPIC W211 build. Just the combination of White/Pano, LM's, sick brakes, and V12TT... Could any more sex be compiled into another car?! Can't wait to see it finished bro!
    Thanks!...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very cool build! I love seeing different things. I'm very interested to see how this turns out. What are your power goals? This setup will surely get you where ever your going, I know that. Sound performance did over 1000whp with twin 6262's on their 350Z, and you have 6 more cylinders and almost 2 liters more. Good luck OP can't wait to see the finished result.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    Very cool build! I love seeing different things. I'm very interested to see how this turns out. What are your power goals? This setup will surely get you where ever your going, I know that. Sound performance did over 1000whp with twin 6262's on their 350Z, and you have 6 more cylinders and almost 2 liters more. Good luck OP can't wait to see the finished result.
    I'm interested in how much power he makes as well. No one has really pushed these Mercedes V12'and that is a shame. HUGE untapped potential sitting in there.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast