01-28-2011, 12:00 AM #26
02-15-2011, 10:38 PM #27
Looks like rain... is it still on?
02-15-2011, 11:44 PM #28
According to accuweather.com...
Sat Feb 19
Considerable cloudiness with a couple of showers possible
Winds: E 6 mph
Gusts: 10 mph
Rain: 0 in
02-15-2011, 11:56 PM #29
^ Not looking good...
02-15-2011, 11:57 PM #30
Weather.com says rain Friday and Saturday.
02-17-2011, 11:05 PM #31
02-18-2011, 01:32 AM #32
Waiting on the update as well.
02-18-2011, 04:48 AM #33
Important Update....**** DATE CHANGE AGAIN ****
Looks like we're just not that lucky this month We were planning on having the event on Sunday, but it looks like it will be raining on Sunday as well:
Famoso management has made the call to postpone the event to a later date. We're pushing for Saturday, February 26th. They will be able to confirm in the next few days.
Sorry guys....2007 E63 P30
02-18-2011, 05:02 AM #34
It's ok Mo, not your fault. Thanks for updating us!
02-18-2011, 07:58 PM #35
****** MAJOR UPDATE ******
First, Famoso has made the decision to postpone our event. The new date will be in March since next weekend is not looking good in terms of rain and many people seem to be against it. Since March is a little hotter than February at Famoso, we may have to do a night rental to compensate. Night rentals are usually on a Friday and start at 6:00 pm and go to midnight or even 1 am. I will update the thread with more information as soon as we confirm the date and time.
Second, I've been talking to the track and the other two groups to offer refunds because I feel bad that this thing has gotten postponed twice already.... although it was mostly for reasons out of our control. Anyways, for people who would like to cancel their spots and get a refund: please PM me so that I can add you to the cancellation list, and as soon as someone else signs up taking your spot, you will get a refund. It is not guaranteed but something better than nothing.
Sorry again for this mess....
Last edited by Exeenom; 02-19-2011 at 05:43 AM.2007 E63 P30
02-18-2011, 08:10 PM #36
02-19-2011, 02:07 AM #37
Not your fault, the weather is what it is. Thanks for keeping us updated and pushing it a back a little bit and even moving it to the night may work out better.
02-26-2011, 04:21 PM #38
***** NEW DATE FINALIZED *****Hi everyone,
I have finally succeeded in securing a date for our private rental. Before I get to that, I would like to apologize again for all of these ongoing delays. The existence of two other groups in this rental made things incredibly complicated and full of trouble. Needless to say, I learned my lesson. From now on, any private rental I organize will be exclusive to my group ONLY, and I will not accept sharing a rental with any other group, as it causes nothing but complications and delays to the whole process. I understand that it will be more expensive, but not having to deal with the hassle I've been going through is worth it to me.
The track has decided to schedule our event on Friday, March 25th. Gates will open at 6 pm and racing will begin at 7 pm. We will stop racing around midnight.
In March, the track is hotter than in it is in February (average temperature is around 78 F during the day). However, the temps at night are still very decent: average of 54 F. That's why I pushed to get the rental at night versus in the day time. In addition, the track is especially extra sticky in March due to their "March Meets" super drag event. So all in all, we should still have very good conditions for setting or breaking records
Because of all the troubles we've been going through, I have convinced the track owner to cut the rental fee almost in half. We are still working out the final amount and a few other details. For the time being the decision is this: all participants should get part of their fee back in cash at the track and on the day of the event.
I am still working out a few details with the other groups and with the track owner regarding extending the rental past midnight but so far nothing is concrete. I will update the threads as soon as I get a confirmation2007 E63 P30
02-26-2011, 05:09 PM #39
I will be there to record and hope the new date works for everyone. Trying to come up with something maybe to race with if someone drops a spot.
03-20-2011, 04:05 PM #40
03-22-2011, 02:54 PM #41
We are still a GO for the 25th.... however, weather is not looking good at all for Friday, as you can see, most weather stations predict definite rain all day. Usually the track likes to make the call the day before the event, but because we have so many people coming from out of town, I told them we need to make a final call by tonight or tomorrow morning at most.
If they do confirm rain on Friday, we will likely move the event to the following Friday: 04/01/2011.
So this is where we stand right now.... I should have an update in less than 24 hours.
I wish I could control weather for just one freakin day2007 E63 P30
03-22-2011, 03:26 PM #42
Thanks for the update, ya, looks like rain. Is this California weather?
03-22-2011, 04:08 PM #43
03-23-2011, 01:09 AM #44
***** MAJOR UPDATE *****
Event moved to: Friday 04/01/2011
All weather stations are showing a minimum of 70% chance of rain on Friday. So this track event is now postponed to the following Friday. Seems like weather is just not cooperating with us2007 E63 P30
03-23-2011, 01:11 AM #45
I don't think I will be able to make that date but no big since I'm not racing. Good luck guys!
03-25-2011, 06:45 PM #46
Looks like things are looking good (weather wise) for next Friday....
2007 E63 P30
03-30-2011, 02:27 AM #47
Guys, there seems to be confusion on whether this is a day rental or night rental. This is a NIGHT rental. For now, it looks like we'll open gates at 6 pm and start racing around 7 pm. However, I will update this thread with final times by Thursday.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the track2007 E63 P30
03-30-2011, 02:56 AM #48
Are there spots left? how much is it now?Current:
14 Viper TA
Wsir - 1:28:9
Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1
03-30-2011, 03:03 AM #49
03-30-2011, 03:21 AM #50
I am, I went a year ago or so in my gintani m3...Current:
14 Viper TA
Wsir - 1:28:9
Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1