Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I got my masters from mexico, lemme tell you; they make you a lot of tacos...
    A school worth the expense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So, you write toward the end

This makes the situation today all the more perplexing as the United States calls for a free Iran yet largely ignores its role in creating a radical Islamic nation whose government despises the West.
    Well, not really. It is truly unfortunate that Americans forget, or never learned, their (even recent) history, and that is why it seems the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing sometimes, so to speak. Can't blame all of those who came up through the public education system though. Every year some or another special group wants to take hold of the public education history books and rewrite history. And then there's the media. But don't get me started.

As for the piece as a whole, I think perhaps a bit too much bias is placed on how much influence the CIA has. It is (or was) supposed to act only in accord with presidential direction. There is obviously some influence as they pretty much are the folks that feed the president the information he needs. But there are more parties playing in the game. Think "military-industrial-intelligence complex".

I was in college in the late seventies and had a few friends from Iran. Most, if not all, of them were here in the US sponsored by the government so they had good things to say about the Shah. But there were also lots of posters and propaganda around campus about how the Shah was a "devil" (my interpretation). Then, of course, the fit hit the shan. I wonder if any of those I knew were caught up in the "revolution". I was never really close to any of them so I really don't know what happened to them but I suspect more than a few probably stayed in the US.

The Shah eventually settled in Egypt as a guest of Anwar Sadat. I'm pretty sure it was the outrage of muslims over what the Shah did in Iran that was responsible for Sadat's assassination. To think that actions of the US government from back in the fifties were responsible for this and the situation in the middle east seems far fetched, but I'm sure there's the ring of truth in it as well as much other similar acts around the world.

All in all a well written piece. Good job and thanks for posting. I still have to wonder how many will read this?

Cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

You did a good job Joseph,What you said is correct but here a few things about iran's revolution and it's war
    Iran's revolution couldn't be done without some helps from other countries , and some Mi6 sources confrim that both USA and England helped the revolution .Why ? there is a few hints , mostly says Shah was turning agaist west(as it said in his personal servant's diary) , he spent a large amount of money on weaponry and defense not because he was forced to do , but also for being a big power so he could make a better country without west's intervention(it should be said that if he didn't tune military , after revolution Iraq would destroy Iran). Revolution had more benefits for both USA and UK than oil(because Shah wanted to stand on his own) .Why? one reason is everyone knows when Akhonds go to a country , that country will die slowly.So Iran's industry will become weaker and weaker and atlast it will be a good marketing for other countries. But the big reason is ruled by Saddam Hussein , at those time he was strong as Shah. he was dangerous because he wanted to attack Israil so west(Mostly UK) felt the danger. They convinced saddam to attack Iran , the reason is UK and USA were afraid of both Iraq and Republic Islamic , so after a war ( no matter who wins) both countries will be wick and broken as it happened. Iran had 50 Billion dollars just before war started , but after the war we truly were broken.this happened for Iraq as well plus Iraq had benefits for EU and US military industries to sell their products.after war 2 powerful countries became two broken countries. This was one of the reasons
    You said "Life under the Shah was pretty good for a group of Iranians. It was not good for all Iranians"
    Look man , my grandfather was a simple employee of a company . He wasn't reach or something like that ,but he traveled all over the world , had a big house , cars... that was alittle more than average's people life .
    But now look ,average people can't do $#@! , work 3 different places and after 15 years you barely can buy a 80 sqMeter apartment in a normal neighbourhood in Tehran.Now who's rich in Iran these days?
    1.a person with rich parents
    2.a person close to dirty people in government
    3.a person who it's brain just work for stealing from people
    and that's it , no other way.
    "Hopefully, todays Iran will become what is best for the people of Iran" , i didn't get your point , you mean this government is ok? or you want to say it's going to be overthrown?
    with government like these , i'm pretty sure in just 10 years we will be poorest people in the world
    but if you mean it's going to be overthrown ? you bet i wish
    Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
    But now look ,average people can't do $#@! , work 3 different places and after 15 years you barely can buy a 80 sqMeter apartment in a normal neighbourhood in Tehran.Now who's rich in Iran these days?
    Absolutely, not saying that life is better now but certainly under the Shah there were certain people who had an advantage over others. Namely those who the Shah favored. He was a dictator after all, consolidating power all for himself.

I didn't get your point , you mean this government is ok? or you want to say it's going to be overthrown?
    The comment is not one about the government being overthrown, not really about government. Whether it be this current government or another, the point is that Iran should become what is necessary to provide the best life for its people without outside interference. Iranians should do what is best for Iranians, that is the point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ersin Click here to enlarge
    Well, not really. It is truly unfortunate that Americans forget, or never learned, their (even recent) history, and that is why it seems the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing sometimes, so to speak. Can't blame all of those who came up through the public education system though. Every year some or another special group wants to take hold of the public education history books and rewrite history. And then there's the media. But don't get me started.
    I think that is right on and you support it by saying that it is unfortunate Americans have forgotten and not really learned.

As for the piece as a whole, I think perhaps a bit too much bias is placed on how much influence the CIA has. It is (or was) supposed to act only in accord with presidential direction. There is obviously some influence as they pretty much are the folks that feed the president the information he needs. But there are more parties playing in the game. Think "military-industrial-intelligence complex".
    You have to remember the military industrial complex was mentioned by Eisenhower in his farewell speech and also something he warned us about. That idea was not one that really existed at the time this coup took place at the beginning of Eisenhower's term. Really, this was an operation the CIA made happen. Also, the CIA trained the SEVAK who was to keep the people in order. Without the CIA, this would have never happened. Also remember, the actions taken by the CIA served as a model for US actions in regime change all over the world after this point. I believe I put the right amount of emphasis on the CIA and maybe I should have put a bit more in to hammer it home. I appreciate the feedback.

Then, of course, the fit hit the shan.
    I know exactly what you meant here, just thought I would quote it as it is funny Click here to enlarge

The Shah eventually settled in Egypt as a guest of Anwar Sadat. I'm pretty sure it was the outrage of muslims over what the Shah did in Iran that was responsible for Sadat's assassination. To think that actions of the US government from back in the fifties were responsible for this and the situation in the middle east seems far fetched, but I'm sure there's the ring of truth in it as well as much other similar acts around the world.

All in all a well written piece. Good job and thanks for posting. I still have to wonder how many will read this?
    If only one person reads the piece it is worth it to me. I enjoyed putting it together, got an A on it anyway Click here to enlarge

Government actions from the 50's and even further back have a huge impact on today, I do not believe it is far fetched at all. Do I need to bring up the Koreas?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

i would take the shah over these slimy pigs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shahsk Click here to enlarge
    i would take the shah over these slimy pigs
    You never lived under the shah.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You never lived under the shah.
    my parents did and so have my grandparents.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

my parents did and so have my grandparents.
    Let's hear what they have to say, sign em up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

as an Iranian person i'm saying iranian people have issue in recalling things , in a long period of time memories change,good memories become bad memories ,and bad memories become good memories
    i'm sure they will say Shah was the best king , best human .... as my parents say the same thing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

yeah true.

I just can't stand the current government. My parents ran away from iran in 91

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

lucky you , they did the best thing
    If i didn't have problems with Sarbazi i would ran away too , but man this Sarbazi is some serious $#@!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

yeah that $#@! $#@!ing sucks. Are you in it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

yeah that $#@! $#@!ing sucks. Are you in it?
    No , i'm not in it and that's the problem. You see they don't give you passport unless you spend 24 months in a barack in middle of no where , it's a $#@!ing waste of life. i'm looking for away to pay someone to get the things right , you know the Iranian way to solve things Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

No , i'm not in it and that's the problem. You see they don't give you passport unless you spend 24 months in a barack in middle of no where , it's a $#@!ing waste of life. i'm looking for away to pay someone to get the things right , you know the Iranian way to solve things Click here to enlarge
    At least you have internet access and can view sites outside of Iran, I'm impressed with that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

At least you have internet access and can view sites outside of Iran, I'm impressed with that.
    are you kidding me? for just visiting BimmerBoost my Laptop should be as equipted as CIA servers
    every sites are filtered expect www.iloveAhmadiNejad.com /org / net ... or www.$#@!YouAmerica.com or www.WeGoToHeavenAndEuropeanPeopleGoToHell.com ,something like these are open so we have to use Anti-Filter programs
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

every sites are filtered expect www.iloveAhmadiNejad.com /org / net ... or www.$#@!YouAmerica.com or www.WeGoToHeavenAndEuropeanPeopleGoToHell.com ,something like these are open so we have to use Anti-Filter programs
    Wow, you guys have a great sense of humor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You can't access BBC?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

^ No , we have to use anti filtering programs to open it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

^ No , we have to use anti filtering programs to open it
    Does the government block BimmerBoost?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Does the government block BimmerBoost?
    No man Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

See, Iran isn't that bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

stupid sarbazi. I'm pretty sure there is a way to pay someone for it. lol

Are you in school? i know sarbazi is a lot easier if you have a degree or something.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

don't let the basijees track you down now hahaha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Just out of curiosity HeroSina, where do you live now? Are you in Tehran? The anti filtering programs you use, can they track you down and what happens if they find out you are snooping around the internet?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast