Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    wrong the trans is 100% stock of course the car has a tripple disc and for your info the clutch is attached to the engine not the trans. The clutch does not allow him to shift faster then a stock car.
    how does a clutch not help you shift faster?? i had a 350z and after i put a turbo in it i upgraded it with a Jim Wolf Clutch and flywheel, the factory clutch was fully engaged when the pedal was all the way up and my knee was in my mouth, with the JW clutch it was fully engaged when then pedal was about a 1/2" off the ground. With a big HP build there is no way a factory clutch would have the clamping force to grab as hard or quick if at all

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i would concur that cluth goes with trany as part of the mod list

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    how does a clutch not help you shift faster?? i had a 350z and after i put a turbo in it i upgraded it with a Jim Wolf Clutch and flywheel, the factory clutch was fully engaged when the pedal was all the way up and my knee was in my mouth, with the JW clutch it was fully engaged when then pedal was about a 1/2" off the ground. With a big HP build there is no way a factory clutch would have the clamping force to grab as hard or quick if at all

LOL you guys clearly don't understand what im saying ....... any good driver in a supra can shift the stock tranny "stock internals in the tranny" faster then your smg.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL you guys clearly don't understand what im saying ....... any good driver in a supra can shift the stock tranny "stock internals in the tranny" faster then your smg.
    You said it was 100% stock... it isn't.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You said it was 100% stock... it isn't.
    yes it is %100 stock tranny. saying that a clutch makes the tranny not stock is absurd.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you can check any true street class rule book for nhra or nscra and stock tranny means the gearbox has not been opened up. IE no shims faceplates, dox boxes gear swaps ect

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes it is %100 stock tranny. saying that a clutch makes the tranny not stock is absurd.
    No it isn't, most people consider the clutch part of the transmission.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you can check any true street class rule book for nhra or nscra and stock tranny means the gearbox has not been opened up. IE no shims faceplates, dox boxes gear swaps ect
    When the clutch is completely different saying it is a 100% stock trans and omitting that is misleading.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I want friends like that Click here to enlarge
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When the clutch is completely different saying it is a 100% stock trans and omitting that is misleading.

If anything the clutch is part of the engine./.. my flywheel is bolted to my crank shaft and my clutch is bolted to my flywheel and all that is attached before i put my trans in.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    stick you must be viewing it that way because in your car upgraded clutches would involve tearing the trans apart... and would make a difference in shifting. in a manual car it is not part of the trans

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bro you may be right for a nhra rule book(taking your word) but in the street when thry say the tranny or drive train is 100% stock there going to assume you mean everything. So being that we are not doing a sanctioned racing event the understanding would be that its all stock

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    stick you must be viewing it that way because in your car upgraded clutches would involve tearing the trans apart... and would make a difference in shifting. in a manual car it is not part of the trans
    No, not really. I'm viewing it that way because when someone says they build their motor I think of the motor and not the clutch. And when someone says build trans that usually implies an aftermarket clutch. The clutch and transmission just have always been considered together. That is how I see it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, not really. I'm viewing it that way because when someone says they build their motor I think of the motor and not the clutch. And when someone says build trans that usually implies an aftermarket clutch. The clutch and transmission just have always been considered together. That is how I see it.
    me too

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that M6 is psycho...

Wait did those $#@!ing eyes blink in the first 20 seconds of the bumper vid?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That was such a great run Ro, glad I mounted the cam on your msizzle, made for an entertaining video no doubt!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leftlanefiend Click here to enlarge
    That was such a great run Ro, glad I mounted the cam on your msizzle, made for an entertaining video no doubt!
    sup man!! only thing i didnt like was that we missed some of the guys, the slowpokes lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    100% stock gearbox? How many times does he change it out? Once every event? My friend had a stock box supra and blew it up on the 1-2 shift, and he def shifted slower with less hp.

A clutch will help you shift faster. A triple disc clutch weighs less, rotational interia is less, taking the load off the syncros and allowing you to get into the next gear faster. Take a look at any road racing video...a stock clutch car you hear a lot of time inbetween gears, whereas a built race car shifts relatively quickly, even with the same driver.

And also, define your meaning 'stock'. Stock as in no internals even looked at and the box never opened, or stock as in, 'the gears have been cryo treated and WPC coated, but is still a stock gear set' stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone else would love to go in a ride in the Supra from Hell??
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice runs !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    sup man!! only thing i didnt like was that we missed some of the guys, the slowpokes lol
    Haha agreed!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    100% stock gearbox? How many times does he change it out? Once every event? My friend had a stock box supra and blew it up on the 1-2 shift, and he def shifted slower with less hp.

A clutch will help you shift faster. A triple disc clutch weighs less, rotational interia is less, taking the load off the syncros and allowing you to get into the next gear faster. Take a look at any road racing video...a stock clutch car you hear a lot of time inbetween gears, whereas a built race car shifts relatively quickly, even with the same driver.

And also, define your meaning 'stock'. Stock as in no internals even looked at and the box never opened, or stock as in, 'the gears have been cryo treated and WPC coated, but is still a stock gear set' stock.

100% not opened oem box

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12