Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wikileaks forced off domain, paypal account closed, seeking refuge in Sweden

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RLSinCO Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So far, and this is only my opinion, most of the information contained in the documents is stuff people could probably assume themselves. Look at the blowup over the diplomat dox...c'mon - seriously? Your neighbors gossip, people in your office gossip over one another, and diplomats gossip - so what?

Now - if people's lives are put in danger as a result of a wikileak - that's a different matter. I don't know the extent of how much this is occurring however...

As for the true casualties of the wars - really? Like that's a surprise? It's war...there are going to be casualties...

The things I am going to be most interested in seeing are:

1. Ultimately - what will happen to Julian Assange? No way will I buy that he was involved in an "accident"...will he remain a free man or forever be dogged and pursued?
    2. What will the long term effect be of wikileaks on governments? Freedom of speech?
    I doubt much will happen to assange. It's no secret that the US doesnt like him, but to imprison him over this would be contradictory. If he actually endangered the US or any civilian, the case will be completely different. Exposing secrets or controversies of the past is not punishable and would shed a very different light on the US; it would be very contradictory.

Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RLSinCO Click here to enlarge
    The things I am going to be most interested in seeing are:

1. Ultimately - what will happen to Julian Assange? No way will I buy that he was involved in an "accident"...will he remain a free man or forever be dogged and pursued?
    2. What will the long term effect be of wikileaks on governments? Freedom of speech?
    Same here.

If he disappears, we all get it.

I like that this is a test of freedom of speech but I think they have already established they have limited our rights and continue to do so every year chipping away at what we can or can't say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    I doubt much will happen to assange. It's no secret that the US doesnt like him, but to imprison him over this would be contradictory. If he actually endangered the US or any civilian, the case will be completely different. Exposing secrets or controversies of the past is not punishable and would shed a very different light on the US; it would be very contradictory.
    US policy often is contradictory. We say one thing and do another, extremely inconsistent. We basically do what we want while proclaiming morality.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234