Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Wikileaks forced off domain, paypal account closed, seeking refuge in Sweden

What do you guys think? I'm sure you have already heard a ton about this story but the way they are going after this guy who owns the site is insane.

Paypal closes his account to hurt him financially? Why? They are allowed to do this just because they feel like it?

The US domain provider wanted nothing to do with the site once it felt pressure from the government. Great, so now the government can pull sites at will.

Once it is up it is too late anyway, there are thousands of mirrors up. The US is even pressing Swedish authorities to arrest the guy. They should be concentrating on finding the source of their leaks...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101205/...lsZWFrc3VzZQ--
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As long as they're not criminals or terrorists I don't see why that would happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    As long as they're not criminals or terrorists I don't see why that would happen.
    Our government is calling him a terrorist:

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell is calling the founder of the online site WikiLeaks a "high-tech terrorist"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i never been there, what is he "leaking"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As far as I can tell, none of the stuff he leaked is even remotely interesting. Is this really a leak of classified documents or did he accidentally leak the texts off a 14 year old girl's phone?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    As far as I can tell, none of the stuff he leaked is even remotely interesting. Is this really a leak of classified documents or did he accidentally leak the texts off a 14 year old girl's phone?
    yea, this is my point, they are claiming "secrets" yada yada yada, but if it doesnt endanger lives, and only shows alliance or backdoor dealings, im all for it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    they released the footage of those apache killings I showed you a while back, LM. that's a kick-ass video.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    they released the footage of those apache killings I showed you a while back, LM. that's a kick-ass video.
    ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn... crazy videos and I can't help but feel terrible once seeing that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's so bad about those videos? Those were terrorists dealing with weapons and one was a direct threat to the helicopter itself. $#@! them and blow em to hell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    What's so bad about those videos? Those were terrorists dealing with weapons and one was a direct threat to the helicopter itself. $#@! them and blow em to hell.
    I think in one of them they just had camera equipment, not weapons. I agree with you the terrorists should be blown to hell, not innocents though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think in one of them they just had camera equipment, not weapons. I agree with you the terrorists should be blown to hell, not innocents though.
    You should still know better when you are walking out and congregating in a known hot area. It's gonna make you look suspicious, and with all the 'playing both sides' some of the civilians were doing, you are gonna expect us to shoot first and ask questions later.

Civilians are gonna get killed in war no matter what. You can't stop that. You don't see survivors of WW2 trying to sue the US or the British for bombing the $#@! out of them and losing their home or loved ones. And you will get killed faster doing actions that make you look like you're doing something bad.

Wikileaks is nothing but a liberal $#@! trying to point America out as the bad guys and being shady. Not like any other government in the world is pure either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    You should still know better when you are walking out and congregating in a known hot area. It's gonna make you look suspicious, and with all the 'playing both sides' some of the civilians were doing, you are gonna expect us to shoot first and ask questions later.

Civilians are gonna get killed in war no matter what. You can't stop that. You don't see survivors of WW2 trying to sue the US or the British for bombing the $#@! out of them and losing their home or loved ones. And you will get killed faster doing actions that make you look like you're doing something bad.

Wikileaks is nothing but a liberal $#@! trying to point America out as the bad guys and being shady. Not like any other government in the world is pure either.
    I don't disagree with anything you said and agree with you. I still feel bad about loss of life though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't disagree with anything you said and agree with you. I still feel bad about loss of life though.
    there's no better way to deal with those people. we have to kill

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sweden has issued a European arrest warrant for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, because he is wanted for interrogation as suspect in a case involving rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Sweden has issued a European arrest warrant for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, because he is wanted for interrogation as suspect in a case involving rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion.
    They will come up with whatever charges they need to do in order to get him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He leaked classified stuff to. $#@! was all over the news awhile ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if its just video's of us giving them what they wish Click here to enlarge then its all fine, even if they try to spin it, "oh it was camera equipment" i dont care, your guilty, your a supporteer, if you tape the attacks and air them your supporting so same penalty.

if they leak classified, again, depends on what. if its a list of SF/ORA dudes doing their thing, yea, cut it off. if its a paper saying US and XXX are doin blah blah blah, when the US shouldnt be doing it, (legally or morally) then i WANT to see that $#@!..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Why all the insensitivity to this subject? It's hard to think that it makes some enjoy the sight of others being killed? Especially when it is now known that the video was showing civilians and press (correct me if I am wrong on this, but that was what I gathered about the video a short time after it was published).

Nobody said the US is pure, but no other nation touts itself for being purer than the US in terms of freedoms of people and their rights. I often get misunderstood and people assume I point the finger at American people, when in fact, it is the government that most have issues with. So, don't take this the wrong way when I say that there is something wrong. The gov't should not be able to take down wikileaks. The fact that people in the US are supporting things like these wars in a blind fashion may not affect you now, but it affects the lives and well-being of alot of people who are innocent. I don't blame a single american for not seeing the "big picture" since you have the greatest media coverage (FOX, CBS, ABC and CNN etc.). I cannot blame anyone for being ill-informed (things like lindsey lohan's court hearings were among the highest rated, and most profitable stories, hence, rendering stories like what the $#@! is going on in the world, non-profitable and not interesting).

Anyways, some advice I can give is to read independent.co.uk ... I don't support terrorists in any way btw, I'm just making sense of why foreign civilian's lives mean so little to some people.
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    Why all the insensitivity to this subject? It's hard to think that it makes some enjoy the sight of others being killed? Especially when it is now known that the video was showing civilians and press (correct me if I am wrong on this, but that was what I gathered about the video a short time after it was published).

Nobody said the US is pure, but no other nation touts itself for being purer than the US in terms of freedoms of people and their rights. I often get misunderstood and people assume I point the finger at American people, when in fact, it is the government that most have issues with. So, don't take this the wrong way when I say that there is something wrong. The gov't should not be able to take down wikileaks. The fact that people in the US are supporting things like these wars in a blind fashion may not affect you now, but it affects the lives and well-being of alot of people who are innocent. I don't blame a single american for not seeing the "big picture" since you have the greatest media coverage (FOX, CBS, ABC and CNN etc.). I cannot blame anyone for being ill-informed (things like lindsey lohan's court hearings were among the highest rated, and most profitable stories, hence, rendering stories like what the $#@! is going on in the world, non-profitable and not interesting).

Anyways, some advice I can give is to read independent.co.uk ... I don't support terrorists in any way btw, I'm just making sense of why foreign civilian's lives mean so little to some people.
    Thank you, very well put.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I applaud this post.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who is at fault for killing these foreign civilians lives?

Terrorist from around the world try to create power and wealth off of these innocent civilians in thousands of unprovoked attacks every year. Then they hide behind these same unsuspecting civilians inside of mosques and schools and shopping centers. We could do nothing based on their cowardliness and let them continue with their attacks on the innocent all over the world. Or we could go after them with the unfortunate circumstances that some innocence will be lost based solely on the actions of the terrorist themselves. Yes it would be great if they all would just hide out in the tunnels within the Afghan mountain, unfortunately the terrorist don't work like that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@MHP Click here to enlarge
    Who is at fault for killing these foreign civilians lives?

Terrorist from around the world try to create power and wealth off of these innocent civilians in thousands of unprovoked attacks every year. Then they hide behind these same unsuspecting civilians inside of mosques and schools and shopping centers. We could do nothing based on their cowardliness and let them continue with their attacks on the innocent all over the world. Or we could go after them with the unfortunate circumstances that some innocence will be lost based solely on the actions of the terrorist themselves. Yes it would be great if they all would just hide out in the tunnels within the Afghan mountain, unfortunately the terrorist don't work like that.
    I understand your point of view completely. In fact, IIRC the cutoff for how many civilians can be killed per terrorist (defined by the US) is 29. So you can kill 29 civilians to kill one terrorist. That makes life easier for those holding the trigger. So, let's assume there are 3 "bad-guys" hiding in a public place, that means that you can effectively kill 57 civilians no questions asked.

And what I was getting at with the question posed, was that it is easier to equate the lives of people in the middle east (I am personally from Kuwait) to numbers and figures than it is to do the same with Americans or Europeans. Consider the amount of Iraqis killed in the war since 2003 and you will understand (just under 110,000 people, with a report claiming over 500,000 iraqi lives lost from 2003-2006).

I am not blaming anyone, please remember this, I am simply posing a question and asking that people educate themselves for their own sakes based on the comments I read here!
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast