Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
    it's not supercharged , it's turbocharged

He had a strong accent Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Andy, I've seen you post a couple times that "Kleemann of Europe" went bankrupt pursuing F/I for the M156.

I realize that you have sources within the aftermarket community that reach deeper than what we consumers have access to, but I am surprised by a few things in this case. Bankruptcy filing by a corporation is a legal proceeding and of the public record. It's serious business... it seems unlikely that a firm of Kleemann's stature would go bankrupt and it somehow wouldn't be major news in the MB enthusiast community. And yet a google search for "Kleemann bankrupt" or "Kleemann bankruptcy" don't seem to yield any relevant results. Kleemann DK's subsidiary Kleemann USA seems to still be chugging along just fine - but allegedly the parent company (Kleemann DK) is bankrupt? Seems improbable to me. Finally - historically, Kleemann has appeared to be a solidly run firm in the MB aftermarket... but allegedly their management allowed a single R&D project (F/I for the M156) to have cost overruns that pushed the entire firm into bankruptcy? Also, IMHO, seems improbable... we're not talking exotic financial derivatives and Lehman Bros. here - it's an automotive tuner. I would expect them to scrap a project long before it risks the solvency of the entire firm - but maybe that's wishful thinking...

Anyway, just my thoughts, from reading your comments. Figured I'd mention it while I was thinking of it, after seeing your similar comments on this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Andy, I've seen you post a couple times that "Kleemann of Europe" went bankrupt pursuing F/I for the M156.

I realize that you have sources within the aftermarket community that reach deeper than what we consumers have access to, but I am surprised by a few things in this case. Bankruptcy filing by a corporation is a legal proceeding and of the public record. It's serious business... it seems unlikely that a firm of Kleemann's stature would go bankrupt and it somehow wouldn't be major news in the MB enthusiast community. And yet a google search for "Kleemann bankrupt" or "Kleemann bankruptcy" don't seem to yield any relevant results. Kleemann DK's subsidiary Kleemann USA seems to still be chugging along just fine - but allegedly the parent company (Kleemann DK) is bankrupt? Seems improbable to me. Finally - historically, Kleemann has appeared to be a solidly run firm in the MB aftermarket... but allegedly their management allowed a single R&D project (F/I for the M156) to have cost overruns that pushed the entire firm into bankruptcy? Also, IMHO, seems improbable... we're not talking exotic financial derivatives and Lehman Bros. here - it's an automotive tuner. I would expect them to scrap a project long before it risks the solvency of the entire firm - but maybe that's wishful thinking...

Anyway, just my thoughts, from reading your comments. Figured I'd mention it while I was thinking of it, after seeing your similar comments on this.
    I believe they were actually bought out before they went bankrupt, kind of like Cargraphic but point being it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Not the only straw, just the last one.

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Edit by admin: Violation of Guest Vendor rules.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got confirmation from a local tuner that a Supercharger kit is in development for the C63. They are as far as creating production molds from their Autocad designs so it seem they have managed to fit the package. They where rather tight lipped about the whole conversion but their show of performance of their Supercharged M3 V8 was great this Sunday running a 267km/h over the 1km at 5200ft altitude with a 35 degrees ambient and a slight head wind. For reference a DCT ESS low boost car ran a 252 and the countries strongest C63 ran a 241 albiet suffering due to the altitude.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Powerchip Click here to enlarge
    If requested by a hardware manufacturer of a forced induction kit for the 63 platform, then Powerchip would be happy to provide a software solution. When these type of kits are proposed, we normally require a commitment of 20 orders so it makes it difficult for most kit makers to afford.

I think it would be an interesting project.
    LOL first learn how to tune N/A cars.
    Kees on M5 Board is my bitch....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I got confirmation from a local tuner that a Supercharger kit is in development for the C63. They are as far as creating production molds from their Autocad designs so it seem they have managed to fit the package. They where rather tight lipped about the whole conversion but their show of performance of their Supercharged M3 V8 was great this Sunday running a 267km/h over the 1km at 5200ft altitude with a 35 degrees ambient and a slight head wind. For reference a DCT ESS low boost car ran a 252 and the countries strongest C63 ran a 241 albiet suffering due to the altitude.
    Don't get sucked in George.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Don't get sucked in George.
    I wouldn't want a supercharged car when I know Merc has the turbos now and so will BMW in the M5. Kind of taking a step backward I think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wouldn't want a supercharged car when I know Merc has the turbos now and so will BMW in the M5. Kind of taking a step backward I think.
    Just depends how long you are willing to wait.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Just depends how long you are willing to wait.
    If the M5 is out by end of next year its not to bad. Got the 335 to keep me busy hobby wise and a HPF M3 is on the cards for when the RHD version is ready. I am tending towards the M5 because a turbo swop is a half a hour affair and its sizeable enough for the wife to be happy with.
    Assuming these guys get the C63 charger correct and from what I have experienced in the past and seen currently with the ESS cars they suck bad at altitude which is where I live. I have always been against supercharging cars since I did my M3 in 1994 due to the altitude problem and lack of torque surge you find in a turbo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If the M5 is out by end of next year its not to bad. Got the 335 to keep me busy hobby wise and a HPF M3 is on the cards for when the RHD version is ready. I am tending towards the M5 because a turbo swop is a half a hour affair and its sizeable enough for the wife to be happy with.
    Assuming these guys get the C63 charger correct and from what I have experienced in the past and seen currently with the ESS cars they suck bad at altitude which is where I live. I have always been against supercharging cars since I did my M3 in 1994 due to the altitude problem and lack of torque surge you find in a turbo.
    I don't know if counting on ESS with the C63 is a good idea as they still have yet to get the S85 kit out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know if counting on ESS with the C63 is a good idea as they still have yet to get the S85 kit out.
    how could the tranny handle a blower?
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    how could the tranny handle a blower?
    The C63 auto? It would need to be beefed up depending on how far you go with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The C63 auto? It would need to be beefed up depending on how far you go with it.
    does anyone do this yet?
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    does anyone do this yet?
    Do not know, MHP would though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    There is NO alternative to the stock tranny in the C63. You can upgrade the clutch packs with kits from Level 10 Perforfmance but even that won't hold up. We are restricted to about 500rwtq. I've been through three trannys in two months. I will now be returning to N/A and other means of perfomance gains. If there was a tranny upgrade I for one would love to know but I've been there and back. Even AMG says there is a limit and I don't know if there will ever be a solution in the future because its being replaced already. Can you make something fit, probably. Can you ever get software to make it work, probably not.

This is exactly why adding FI to this platform is a waste of good $$$. We can reach the limits of the tranny N/A.
    Current:
    2011 R8 V10 NA - PRS/APR tune and many weight saving mods. Click here to enlarge
    1/4 mile: 10.945 @ 131.77mph on a 1.77 60' - Bradenton Motorsports 1/18/2014.

GONE:
    2009 C63 - Complete MHP Package and a few other mods.
    N/A: 1/4 mile - 10.80@ 129.06mph (OSW 3/5/2012)
    Nitrous 200 shot 1/4 mile - 10.133 @ 139.77mph (Bradenton - 3/22/2012)
    N/A: One Mile TopGunRun in Miami March 14th 2010 - 180.73mph (V-Box verified)
    Nitrous 200 shot: 60-130mph - 5.98 (V-Box verified)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dads C63 Click here to enlarge
    There is NO alternative to the stock tranny in the C63. You can upgrade the clutch packs with kits from Level 10 Perforfmance but even that won't hold up. We are restricted to about 500rwtq. I've been through three trannys in two months. I will now be returning to N/A and other means of perfomance gains. If there was a tranny upgrade I for one would love to know but I've been there and back. Even AMG says there is a limit and I don't know if there will ever be a solution in the future because its being replaced already. Can you make something fit, probably. Can you ever get software to make it work, probably not.

This is exactly why adding FI to this platform is a waste of good $$$. We can reach the limits of the tranny N/A.
    Hmm, my suggestion was going to be swapping in the 5 speed from the 600's and 65's. But I guess that won't work?

We all know the 7 speed is substantially weaker I just don't see why it can't be upgraded. It is a traditional auto isn't it?

BTW: Glad to see you found you way over here Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmm, my suggestion was going to be swapping in the 5 speed from the 600's and 65's. But I guess that won't work?

We all know the 7 speed is substantially weaker I just don't see why it can't be upgraded. It is a traditional auto isn't it?

BTW: Glad to see you found you way over here Click here to enlarge
    What Keith said. Click here to enlarge

No chance of getting a 722.6 to work in a 722.9s place, electronics are not compatible. Mind as well start with a Ford/Chevy trans if you were going to do that, it would require the same amount of work just cost less for the hardware.

Yes 722.9 is a conv auto but it's 100% electronically controlled, again hardware is nothing without software.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes 722.9 is a conv auto but it's 100% electronically controlled, again hardware is nothing without software.
    So if someone could tune the software for the trans it physically should be able to be upgraded, correct?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So if someone could tune the software for the trans it physically should be able to be upgraded, correct?
    Sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dads C63 Click here to enlarge

when you say you have been through 3 trannys, what exactly does that mean? That the clutches go out and you replace them? or.... and How expensive to replace clutch packs?
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sure.
    Well then it seems the market is going to be counting on you guys to due to the trans software as no one else can at the moment from what I understand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    when you say you have been through 3 trannys, what exactly does that mean? That the clutches go out and you replace them? or.... and How expensive to replace clutch packs?
    Namely the clutch packs correct.

Well then it seems the market is going to be counting on you guys to due to the trans software as no one else can at the moment from what I understand.
    We have our limits with the 722.9 TCUs. There are basically only a handful of factory tools that can reprogram the entire TCU (100% access), as such getting our hands on one of them or even a "tuned" TCU is going to be very difficult. Hopefully Santa will be nice this year. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, looks like I'm late to the party Click here to enlarge

Just a quick note here.... the ML63 twin turbo project is not actually abandoned by Brabus, it is considered abandoned by their customers. I've read rumors that they only sold 8 of them and then nobody heard anything about them ever again!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Wow, looks like I'm late to the party Click here to enlarge

Just a quick note here.... the ML63 twin turbo project is not actually abandoned by Brabus, it is considered abandoned by their customers. I've read rumors that they only sold 8 of them and then nobody heard anything about them ever again!
    I'm not surprised, the price was likely insane.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast