Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Fitment Question

I am pretty sure someone posted this question already, but I am limited with internet right now.

I have a 2007 335i E92 lowered on ST coils with VMR VB3 19x9.5 et 33. I had my friend install the wheels on my car, and he told it did not clear the strut, so he used a spare 15mm spacers. It cleared, but I think it pokes out to much from the fender. So my question is, what is the minimum size spacer i should run on my set up to clear the strut?
    2007 335i MT E92
    JB4 G5 / BB Flash / Spec 2+ SMFW / AR DP / CPE FMIC
    BMS DCI / BMS OCC / RB PCV / Muffler Delete
    ST Coilovers / VMR VB3 / Nitto NT555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think you will need camber plates so that you do not need spacers. Same issue I ran into but had problems finding camber plates for an xi coupe. Dealing with having the fronts poke out a little with spacers on the front to clear the strut.
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DQE92 Click here to enlarge
    I think you will need camber plates so that you do not need spacers. Same issue I ran into but had problems finding camber plates for an xi coupe. Dealing with having the fronts poke out a little with spacers on the front to clear the strut.
    I dont understand how camber plates will help clear the strut, i would think camber plates help clear the fender.
    2007 335i MT E92
    JB4 G5 / BB Flash / Spec 2+ SMFW / AR DP / CPE FMIC
    BMS DCI / BMS OCC / RB PCV / Muffler Delete
    ST Coilovers / VMR VB3 / Nitto NT555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TVPhoto Click here to enlarge
    I dont understand how camber plates will help clear the strut, i would think camber plates help clear the fender.
    This is what I was told. But at the same time I was unable to get the correct camber plates to fit on an xi so was unable to see if it would work. I forgot to mention you probably still need the spacer with the camber plate but will not have the wheels poke out because the negative camber you can add.

Might have to wait and see if anyone else can chime in.
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TVPhoto Click here to enlarge
    I am pretty sure someone posted this question already, but I am limited with internet right now.

I have a 2007 335i E92 lowered on ST coils with VMR VB3 19x9.5 et 33. I had my friend install the wheels on my car, and he told it did not clear the strut, so he used a spare 15mm spacers. It cleared, but I think it pokes out to much from the fender. So my question is, what is the minimum size spacer i should run on my set up to clear the strut?
    I have the same exact setup of rims right now sitting in my garage. I also have a 2007 E92 except lowered on KW V2 coils. I got the setup a couple weeks ago but have yet to mount the tires on them. I already test fitting the front though and it fits.

The front 9.5" +33 clears the strut by 1-2mm which is all you need. You shouldn't need spacers. It is really close and on first inspection it is too close for comfort but trust me it will fit without need for camber plates. You will have to run a pretty stretched tire on there (225/35 or 235/35) to make it fit though and not worry about the plastic front E92 fenders.

My setup for the VMR rims is as follows:

F 9.5" +33 235/35/19
    R 10.0" +25 265/30/19 (needs to max out the OEM camber bolt to 2.5/3.0 degrees on the rears to fit with a 265/30)

Let me know if you have any questions I can take pictures either tomorrow or tonight of the front rims fitting if needed
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm in the process of shopping for a set of wheels for my 2011 335is also and hearing you guys adding or adjusting for add'l negative camber, how would this affect the tire wear?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sudo4re Click here to enlarge
    I'm in the process of shopping for a set of wheels for my 2011 335is also and hearing you guys adding or adjusting for add'l negative camber, how would this affect the tire wear?
    You want to talk to @ModBargains.com @ModBargains good sir
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Slightly more inner wear and less contact patch. Just buy a symmetrical tire that you can flip if your looking to maximize the most life from the tire. If the tire isn't symmetrical then you will have slightly more camber wear that you will have to live with, which in my opinion is just part of the give and take of running a more aggressive setup.
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, CA, 90631
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    Slightly more inner wear and less contact patch. Just buy a symmetrical tire that you can flip if your looking to maximize the most life from the tire. If the tire isn't symmetrical then you will have slightly more camber wear that you will have to live with, which in my opinion is just part of the give and take of running a more aggressive setup.
    This is correct. Adding camber will put more of the force of the road on a smaller contact patch of the tire. The inner sidewall of the tire will wear out quicker. BMW's already come with a little bit of that from the factory, which is why even stock BMW's without anything aftermarket will almost always have their inner sidewalls wear out first.

With standard 19x8.5 front and 19x10 or 19x9.5 rear, you don't have to run negative camber or anything like that to "make it fit". It's if you're really really slammed OR if you run an aggressive offset or size outside of the standard fitments we recommend where you'll be looking at camber products to make it work without rubbing too much.
    Click here to enlarge
    Sean Singh | Sean@modbargains.com | (714) 582-3330 x 8009
    We Specialize In: BMW Parts In Stock | BMW Wheels Experts | BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | VMR Wheels Experts | Cobb AccessPORT N54 In Stock | Avant Garde Wheels In Stock | BMW Headlights Fast Shipping | BMW Exhaust
    Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
    Check out our BLOG for the latest updates and discounts!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ModBargains.com Click here to enlarge
    OR if you run an aggressive offset or size outside of the standard fitments we recommend where you'll be looking at camber products to make it work without rubbing too much.
    Please excuse the noob questions and apologies to the OP for thread jacking but since we are already on the subject...

What would you consider aggressive offset? Let's say I go from a stock 37mm to a 45mm offset, would that requires camber plates to correct the camber issue?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Please excuse the noob questions and apologies to the OP for thread jacking but since we are already on the subject...

What would you consider aggressive offset? Let's say I go from a stock 37mm to a 45mm offset, would that requires camber plates to correct the camber issue?
    @ModBargains.com

Also, what wheels are you looking to run?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

An aggressive offset would be <37mm. Rear on E92 allow adjustment. I run a +25 19X10 on 275's with a minor roll and no scrub -2.5 camber
    -Modified safety triangle in trunk
    -Carbon fiber key overlay
    PLANNED MODS
    -Wheel spacers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Also, what wheels are you looking to run?
    I was looking to get a stagger set of Apex PS-7 in 18" for my winter set up. I'm looking for the most "flush" look with the maximum concavity but without having to run excessive camber or resorting to camber plates etc... Is this possible?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was looking to get a stagger set of Apex PS-7 in 18" for my winter set up. I'm looking for the most "flush" look with the maximum concavity but without having to run excessive camber or resorting to camber plates etc... Is this possible?
    If you get the right setup it's definitely possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If you get the right setup it's definitely possible.
    I'm looking at the Apex PS-7 in 18x8.5 ET35 for the front and 18x10 ET25 for the rear. The ET25 for the rear is what have me worry.

OTOH, I think if I go with the VMR VB3, which are similar in style, in 18x8.5 ET40 for the front and 18x9.5 ET45 for the rear then I should be OK without having to run add'l camber and/or camber plates right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm looking at the Apex PS-7 in 18x8.5 ET35 for the front and 18x10 ET25 for the rear. The ET25 for the rear is what have me worry.

OTOH, I think if I go with the VMR VB3, which are similar in style, in 18x8.5 ET40 for the front and 18x9.5 ET45 for the rear then I should be OK without having to run add'l camber and/or camber plates right?
    @ModBargains or @ModBargains.com can help you with this

1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, CA, 90631
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Would love to help everybody out with specific fitments. We need to get the full picture before making any recommendations.

It would be best to contact us directly via phone, live chat, email, or forum PM and consider the following questions:

1. Is your car lowered, if yes, on what and how low?
    2. Do you aftermarket brakes, a BBK?
    3. Are you comfortable with fender rubbing, or is that a deal breaker?
    4. Are you comfortable with rolling and or cutting fenders to "make it work"?
    5. Do you want to be afraid of the road as you drive around, or go over bumps and not really worry about your wheel bouncing up, hitting your fender, and scraping the wheel and/or damaging your fender due to aggressive wheel & tire setups?

We have dealt with tens of thousands of customers, and these questions all need to be answered before we can make an accurate recommendation.
    Click here to enlarge
    Sean Singh | Sean@modbargains.com | (714) 582-3330 x 8009
    We Specialize In: BMW Parts In Stock | BMW Wheels Experts | BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | VMR Wheels Experts | Cobb AccessPORT N54 In Stock | Avant Garde Wheels In Stock | BMW Headlights Fast Shipping | BMW Exhaust
    Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
    Check out our BLOG for the latest updates and discounts!