Close

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    $76 million for Golden Gate bridge suicide barrier

    Sorry if this comes off as harsh but this is a waste of money. $76 million? For what? To stop people who want to jump off a bridge? Is it going to end suicide? $#@! no. All it does is prevent the Golden Gate bridge from being a suicide destination which is what the city is really going for.

    They don't give a crap about people's lives. They care about the image of the bridge. It's supposed to bring in tourists not people who want to die. That said, it isn't going to stop people from killing themselves as it can't.

    A diving board off the bridge seems like a much more cost effective solution. This whole thing just seems like an idiotic waste of money to me: http://news.yahoo.com/golden-gate-br...182411743.html

    SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco's iconic Golden Gate Bridge moved a big step closer to getting an oft-debated suicide barrier after bridge officials on Friday approved a $76 million funding package for a net system that would prevent people from jumping to their deaths.





    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,205.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I would think a bungee jumping setup would be more affective. Big ad "Want to jump off a bridge today, we'll help you!"




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    I would think a bungee jumping setup would be more affective. Big ad "Want to jump off a bridge today, we'll help you!"
    Bungee, genius. That would make the money back and then some quickly.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,205.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Bungee, genius. That would make the money back and then some quickly.
    haha if you could get the city to let you do that, you would be a millionaire.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    haha if you could get the city to let you do that, you would be a millionaire.
    They would rather waste money on stupid $#@!.

    Bungee jumping off the Golden Gate bridge. Brilliant. We just made the city millions.

    Want to commit suicide? Bungee jump instead.

    Talk about a solution!

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Points
    -25.8
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I mean what do you really expect this is California. They spend money on the stupidest $#@!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,639
    Rep Points
    2,166.9
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    The lawsuits from people trying to kill themselves but instead being hurt by this net are going to be epic.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    743.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    I say let them jump...
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    575
    Rep Points
    1,555.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    You ever wonder how many people regretted it after jumping. The moment that it's to late and the few seconds they have left before the impact. Maybe they see that their life wasn't as bad as they thought and would do anything to get it back. At that point, it's just to late.
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,205.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    You ever wonder how many people regretted it after jumping. The moment that it's to late and the few seconds they have left before the impact. Maybe they see that their life wasn't as bad as they thought and would do anything to get it back. At that point, it's just to late.
    There has been a few accounts of people that have survived, all have said after they jump they regret it, mainly from fear. When people are about to kill themselves they're not thinking obviously, they have corn holed themselves into believing its going to be better after. They focus on that hope until they can't see anything else. Then when they jump they realize its not after anymore, its now, and they regret it.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    839
    Rep Points
    771.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    What the GGB needs is a center divider.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    575
    Rep Points
    1,555.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    There has been a few accounts of people that have survived, all have said after they jump they regret it, mainly from fear. When people are about to kill themselves they're not thinking obviously, they have corn holed themselves into believing its going to be better after. They focus on that hope until they can't see anything else. Then when they jump they realize its not after anymore, its now, and they regret it.
    It's one of those situations that people don't realize util it's to late. I've heard stories of people putting guns to their head and regretting it as soon as they pulled the trigger, and in some cases the gun jammed. Life changing moment.
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    It's one of those situations that people don't realize util it's to late. I've heard stories of people putting guns to their head and regretting it as soon as they pulled the trigger, and in some cases the gun jammed. Life changing moment.
    Life doesn't come with a reset button.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    575
    Rep Points
    1,555.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Life doesn't come with a reset button.
    Sadly enough, don't let other people or little things push you down. Live life to the best of your ability.
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,205.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Life doesn't come with a reset button.
    Click here to enlarge




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •