Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We were talking about e92 vs w204 so s65 vs m156. If you want to bring in the s85 since its basically the same thing then we can bring in the m159 and more specifically the Black Series m159 that revs to over 8000 rpm and makes 600 wheel with just headers and a tune. Its clearly the best motor out of these 4 by a mile.

The m159 with its lighter internals and dry sump is even lighter then the m156 so it to is over 100 pounds lighter then the s85 more like 150pounds.
    Last edited by ezec63; 06-27-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    http://mercedes.alphaperformance.com...-for-mercedes/ alpha 9 e63's are putting down over 900 ft of torque thru a stock MCT. Its obviously a much stronger trans

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Well i think we are talking about 2 different things here I'm not talking about motorsports I'm talking about raw power.
    You stated better motor and I think without taking a look at the complete picture including motorsports it ignores a major factor.

You do realize the s85 weighs over 100 pounds more than the M156? And is still down 1.2 liters in displacement.
    I do realize the S85 is heavy but I also realize if you are now talking straight power potential the S85 is the better motor in that regard. A V10 revving over 8000 rpm is pretty much impossible to beat with boost. Haven't the Gallardos already shown that?

Once an s65/s85 street car gets close to a 9 flat run @ 150+ we can talk about it being the better motor for power because it hasn't really been close lately.
    I don't need to see a 1/4 mile run to know the capability of the engine architecture.

My point about the e92 vs w204 is that the c63 always had that power it was just a BS software tune away from opening up the throttle bodies.
    Right but the cars were even. Software will be holding these motors back yet again.

the s65 was basically tapped out from the factory they had to bore/stroke it in the m3 gts just to get another 30 hp out of it.
    I disagree. The M3 benefits tremendously from a tune although obviously it is in a higher state of tune from the factory to begin with. It has to be, it's the higher specific output motor with less displacement.

I mean look at fbo m156 numbers vs fbo s65 numbers not even close.
    Ok then look at the S85 to get a picture with closer displacement.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://mercedes.alphaperformance.com...-for-mercedes/ alpha 9 e63's are putting down over 900 ft of torque thru a stock MCT. Its obviously a much stronger trans
    Nobody was debating that.

Aren't GTR's putting down a bunch of torque through a dual clutch? Parts can be upgraded. The MCT has limits too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We were talking about e92 vs w204 so s65 vs m156. If you want to bring in the s85 since its basically the same thing then we can bring in the m159 and more specifically the Black Series m159 that revs to over 8000 rpm and makes 600 wheel with just headers and a tune. Its clearly the best motor out of these 4 by a mile.

The m159 with its lighter internals and dry sump is even lighter then the m156 so it to is over 100 pounds lighter then the s85 more like 150pounds.
    I have no problem with that. The Black Series M159 is the best motor based on the M156 architecture.

It isn't the best motor though. The S85 is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have no problem with that. The Black Series M159 is the best motor based on the M156 architecture.

It isn't the best motor though. The S85 is.
    The BS M159 is without a doubt the best motor of the bunch. Most powerful naturally aspirated production engine ever? Big 6.2 Liter displacement that still revs to 8000 rpm. I mean a stock one on piss grade 91 octane makes more power than a complete FBO s85 Headers, cat less/full exhaust, under drive pulley, intake, maf delete with Alpha-N tune on race gas. BONE STOCK only adding headers and a tune to the M159 BS puts it over 600 wheel horsepower SAE on 91 octane while still weighing 150 pounds less than a s85. You know better then to think a measly 300-400 rpm will make up that difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Most powerful naturally aspirated production engine ever?
    Naturally aspirated V8 maybe, not engine.

You know better then to think a measly 300-400 rpm will make up that difference.
    Yeah but extra displacement will. Look at the S85 stroke.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Naturally aspirated V8 maybe, not engine.

Yeah but extra displacement will. Look at the S85 stroke.
    Fun runs in mexico tonight say otherwise ! @5soko setup a great run with some cool guys. Lined me up with a stage 3 evolve alpha-n m5 car is FBO Fully catless OEM Headers, rpi gts full exhaust, rpi intake scoops with oiled filters, rpi oil cooler, ESS SMG software, Underdrive pulley, alpha-n maf delete with stage 3 evolve tune revving out to 8600 rpm. My mods are listed in my build thread but pretty similar power mods besides my upgraded throttle bodies.

3 runs all from 45-180+ so these were full top end pulls that the s85 loves especially with alpha-n revving that high. I took all 3 runs the last one being the best we started at 45 i was accused of jumping the last run (which i didnt) so i let them take the hit. Was able to run him down pretty quick put about a 1.5 to 2 car lengths up to 100 mph where the c63 torque is an advantage. From 100-130 he slightly came back and crept up about half car length to make it about 1-1.5 car lengths (c63 ahead). Then from 130-180 i completely stopped his pull and it stayed there with me ahead all the way to a bit over 180 !!! Great run from two N/A beasts the gopro footage should be up in the next couple of days a third party has the data.

I was just running my Off the shelf eurocharged pump gas map(stock redline my high rev map was giving me issues) im having a custom tune setup with jeremy from OE tuning in the next few weeks. The m159 BS motor is also considerably better than the m156 in my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fun runs in mexico tonight say otherwise ! @5soko setup a great run with some cool guys. Lined me up with a stage 3 evolve alpha-n m5 car is FBO Fully catless OEM Headers, rpi gts full exhaust, rpi intake scoops with oiled filters, rpi oil cooler, ESS SMG software, Underdrive pulley, alpha-n maf delete with stage 3 evolve tune revving out to 8600 rpm. My mods are listed in my build thread but pretty similar power mods besides my upgraded throttle bodies.

3 runs all from 45-180+ so these were full top end pulls that the s85 loves especially with alpha-n revving that high. I took all 3 runs the last one being the best we started at 45 i was accused of jumping the last run (which i didnt) so i let them take the hit. Was able to run him down pretty quick put about a 1.5 to 2 car lengths up to 100 mph where the c63 torque is an advantage. From 100-130 he slightly came back and crept up about half car length to make it about 1-1.5 car lengths (c63 ahead). Then from 130-180 i completely stopped his pull and it stayed there with me ahead all the way to a bit over 180 !!! Great run from two N/A beasts the gopro footage should be up in the next couple of days a third party has the data.

I was just running my Off the shelf eurocharged pump gas map(stock redline my high rev map was giving me issues) im having a custom tune setup with jeremy from OE tuning in the next few weeks. The m159 BS motor is also considerably better than the m156 in my car.
    This sounds good I'll check it out but my point with the stroke was the extra displacement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mercedes-AMG detail their new V8 4.0-liter twin-turbo engine

Click here to enlarge
    Develops up to 510 PS

Mercedes-Benz and AMG have released extensive details about the newly developed V8 4.0-liter twin-turbo engine.
    Set to make its first appearance in the long-awaited AMG GT, the V8 4.0-liter twin-turbo engine codenamed M178 meets Euro 6 emissions standard and has a dry weight of 209 kg (461 lbs). With a displacement of 3982cc, in the AMG GT-S it will generate 510 PS (375 kW) at 6,250 rpm and 650 Nm (479 lb-ft) between 1,750 and 4,750 rpm, providing 128 PS and 163.2 Nm per liter.
    It benefits from an eco start/stop function to save fuel and also has a separate cooling-air flow for the exhaust gas turbochargers during high thermal load. AMG’s engineers have installed active engine mounts for improved lateral dynamics while the two-mass flywheel with centrifugal pendulum prevents torsional vibration on the drive line to smoothen the ride.
    The turbochargers have a maximum charge pressure of 1.2 bar pressure and a maximum speed of 186,000 rpm. The V8 motor comes with an aluminum crankcase created using sand casting technology and also adopts a closed deck design and NANOSLIDE technology for the cylinder bore surfaces, making them twice as hard compared to regular cast-iron linings. Moreover, the engine comes with forged aluminum pistons with low-friction piston rings to further reduce oil and fuel consumption.
    If we were to believe recent reports, the AMG-GT will be unveiled online on September 9, followed in early October by a public debut in Paris. Only the more powerful GT-S variant will be revealed, while the standard AMG GT is set to come out in the following months with 462 PS (340 kW). The same M178 engine will also find its way inside the C63 AMG set to be introduced early next year.

Source: Mercedes-AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

/
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love how worldcarfans is way behind. MBUSA recently posted the video that AMG did a while ago along with all the specs. They also are saying it will be the same M178? Well, I don't know about that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12