Close

Thread: Dyno results for Rebellion Automotive CLA45/A45/GLA45 AMG M133 ECU and TCU tuning

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Dyno results for Rebellion Automotive CLA45/A45/GLA45 AMG M133 ECU and TCU tuning

Rebellion Automotive is making some impressive progress on the M133 2.0 liter AMG turbo four-cylinder platform. A little over a week ago they announced they would have TCU (transmission control unit) tuning available to go along with their engine tunes. Rebellion posted results of said TCU tuning combined with their ECU tuning and the numbers at the wheels on a Mustang dynamometer show fat torque and horsepower gains through the rev range.

Power goes up from 255 at all four wheels to 307 at all four wheels for a gain of 52 horsepower. The torque gain is far more impressive than the peak horsepower gain as the increase is just under 100 lb-ft at all four wheels. Where are those people saying the M133 engine was maxed out again?

Admittedly this is still very early but picking up 100 lb-ft of torque on the new AMG four-cylinder that already has big power from the factory is incredibly impressive. Keep in mind these results come on a Mustang dyno that is reading conservatively as expected considering the 255 baseline figure. As it is a load bearing dyno it also explains the spool of the turbo and there is not much lag as the turbo comes on hard down low.

Graph below, excellent work.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Nice little engine = MOAAAAR power than my E39 V8 Click here to enlarge
    E85 996 TTS RWD = 2/3 HBK
    E39 540i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I suppose if this can be done with a 2.0 4 cylinder, a 4.0 8 cylinder won't be all that bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Considering what Audi's 4.0 is doing I have no qualms about the upcoming M177.