Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

ZF 6 Speed 6HP26 World records being smashed Down Under!

I've noticed some discussion on here about the ZF 6 speed 6HP26 and what sort of power you can throw at it.

Well here in OZ we've had this box in our Turbo Falcons since 2005 and from day dot we've had them apart and tinkered with them to take more and more power.

So see below some vids of some current big powered ZF 6HP26 turbo falcons.

Here's a pic of mine which is the last vid here:-

Click here to enlarge

So if you 6hp guys are looking to throw some serious power at your cars and need a box that will cope with it maybe you can look at speaking to some guys down here and they can offer you some solutions.

This car below makes around 840 rwhp & 1400 nm's at the wheels of torque all through a 6HP26.

Fastest ZF 6HP26 in OZ atm.

Second fastest one on OZ

My run from last year.

Attachment 38148

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So close to a 9!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

No Nizpro cars? Nizpro does some awesome stuff on those cars. That's who's doing my transmission and working on a solution for us 6AT 335i guys!
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've since done a 9 sec pass hope to be out again in 3 weeks to see if we can go 9.5 @ 147.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wow.. just, wow. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Veva333 Click here to enlarge
    I've since done a 9 sec pass hope to be out again in 3 weeks to see if we can go 9.5 @ 147.
    Nice, that is a fast coon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    No Nizpro cars? Nizpro does some awesome stuff on those cars. That's who's doing my transmission and working on a solution for us 6AT 335i guys!
    Any more info? Click here to enlarge

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The second video says Nizpro right in the title

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    The second video says Nizpro right in the title
    Missed that video...they do some awesome stuff with those cars. Hold every world record AFAIK.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's who's doing my transmission and working on a solution for us 6AT 335i guys!
    that's promising...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

If they can sort out the transmissions and TCU challenges I am back in the N54 game.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Again not to rain on anyones parade, but there are US companies who make hard parts for these trannies to hold over 1000WHP, its NOT the hard parts, its not the hard parts, its not the parts. If you cant control the TCU you are just putting the 1000WHP parts in a tranny that is going to slip because the TCU doing what it needs to do.

Link to US hard parts http://www.exedyusa.com/race_clutch/...ssion_kits.php

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Again not to rain on anyones parade, but there are US companies who make hard parts for these trannies to hold over 1000WHP, its NOT the hard parts, its not the hard parts, its not the parts. If you cant control the TCU you are just putting the 1000WHP parts in a tranny that is going to slip because the TCU doing what it needs to do.

Link to US hard parts http://www.exedyusa.com/race_clutch/...ssion_kits.php

You're completely wrong. Who makes 1000whp parts for this tranny? NO ONE! lvl10 has a very mild upgrade by just replacing disks. No one is doing what nizpro is doing, NO ONE. lvl10 offers a shimmed valvebody, higher stall torque converter, and some upgraded clutch packs, that's about it. And they only tell you it holds like 750hp or something with proper tuning AND cooling.

You will see, but keep beating that bush. The alpina flash, cooling, stronger bushings, and this upgrade coming, you will see what it holds!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

You're completely wrong. Who makes 1000whp parts for this tranny? NO ONE! lvl10 has a very mild upgrade by just replacing disks. No one is doing what nizpro is doing, NO ONE. lvl10 offers a shimmed valvebody, higher stall torque converter, and some upgraded clutch packs, that's about it. And they only tell you it holds like 750hp or something with proper tuning AND cooling.

You will see, but keep beating that bush. The alpina flash, cooling, stronger bushings, and this upgrade coming, you will see what it holds!
    Um, Well I posted a link. Here is a sceeenshot if you didn't want to click on it. This is a thread about the 6HP26 correct or am I mistaken? If exedy is making 1000+WHP clutch packs for the trannies, someone is making 1000+WHP hard parts for them and going 8.70's. I mean unless Exedy is just making things up. I mean you are right, all the guys racing here in the US are prob sending their trannies to Australia....Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Um, Well I posted a link. Here is a sceeenshot if you didn't want to click on it. This is a thread about the 6HP26 correct or am I mistaken?

My transmission was brought up, the 6hp21, and you said people in the states make 1000whp parts for it. Why would you bring that up in reply to my transmission? No one does much of anything except lvl10 for the hp21.

So now what are you trying to say? No one offers flashing for the 6hp26 either? Well..let me tell you. NIZPRO is the only shop in the world AFAIK that offers full hardware (not just clutches like you posted) upgrades for the 6hp26 AND TCU flashing. There are options here in the states for the ford version 6r80, but that's it.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My transmission was brought up, the 6hp21, and you said people in the states make 1000whp parts for it. Why would you bring that up in reply to my transmission? No one does much of anything except lvl10 for the hp21.

So now what are you trying to say? No one offers flashing for the 6hp26 either? Well..let me tell you. NIZPRO is the only shop in the world AFAIK that offers full hardware (not just clutches like you posted) upgrades for the 6hp26 AND TCU flashing. There are options here in the states for the ford version 6r80, but that's it.
    Right bud, all the guys in the US are sending their trannies to Australia, all th the mustangs you see going 9's and 8's and all sending them half way around the world to have them built. You always do this, just blindly defend your choice to send your tranny to Australia. My point seemed pretty clear, ok great so you got a company that according to you is the only company in the world making upgraded 6HP26 hard parts, to make you upgraded 2HP21 hard parts, well that's 1/2 of the problem. So what is their next step, hire a full time programmer / code cracker to hack the TCU and gain control of it, because without TCU control, you are basically throwing the transmission version of a stage 3 or single set up at it, and cant tune the DME. You can argue all day that this isn't the case, it is the case. When there is a hard parts, and TCU solution for the 6HP21 transmission there is a full transmission solution, not before. You are getting $#@! done on the hard part side I am not knocking that, hopefully someone will crack the TCU sooner than later. I mean shoot if its any indication to how tough the hard parts are in the stock tranny, AK is running 34 psi and hasn't lost his yet. So In my opinion for the power levels you guys are shooting for, the hard parts are the small issue, the TCU is the big one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wake me up when there is some news about the Gintani DCT upgrade or a real 6hp21 upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

These autos are very strong. I've dynod 640wtq so far at like 28psi and been running up to 34psi and consistently 30ish psi racing the cap out of it up to 160mph nearly everyday

I'm sure it's seen 700wtq so far on my car stock with Alpina flash and holding

I'm on billet motor and Trans mounts which is the only thing I have changed other than throw much more power at it since it slipped last year.

*I think the mounts must help

I expect it to fail though. But I have been expecting it to fail for over a year and 10k miles of major abuse lol
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    These autos are very strong. I've dynod 640wtq so far at like 28psi and been running up to 34psi and consistently 30ish psi racing the cap out of it up to 160mph nearly everyday

I'm sure it's seen 700wtq so far on my car stock with Alpina flash and holding

I'm on billet motor and Trans mounts which is the only thing I have changed other than throw much more power at it since it slipped last year.

*I think the mounts must help

I expect it to fail though. But I have been expecting it to fail for over a year and 10k miles of major abuse lol
    So at what power did it slip at before, and how is it not still slipping now? Powerband moved up or something?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    So at what power did it slip at before, and how is it not still slipping now? Powerband moved up or something?
    It Initially slipped in 3rd or 4th gr at around 550wtq

I had a destroyed motor mount and my motor was moving around like crazy as well at that time.

I now have solid mounts and have added 100 plus wtq without moving power band and it holds. Has been holding.

I don't have the answer lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It Initially slipped in 3rd or 4th gr at around 550wtq

I had a destroyed motor mount and my motor was moving around like crazy as well at that time.

I now have solid mounts and have added 100 plus wtq without moving power band and it holds. Has been holding.

I don't have the answer lol

Interesting... Maybe the transmission doesn't like being wiggled around. Are you afraid to launch it? Only do rolls?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Interesting... Maybe the transmission doesn't like being wiggled around. Are you afraid to launch it? Only do rolls?
    I've launched it tons. But it's slow as $#@! with big turbo and auto from dig. 2.7 to 2.8 60fts

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've launched it tons. But it's slow as $#@! with big turbo and auto from dig. 2.7 to 2.8 60fts
    Didnt think it was going to be that bad with the 60 fts. Click here to enlarge Good to hear your tranny is holding up. I think im going to have to pick up those engine and tranny mounts. Seems to be doing the job.
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ya. Def recommend it I blew the stock mounts on 5xx wtq

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To the OP your car is badass. Are you using a big stall to break boost the car on the line or do you have a transbrake that works with this transmission?
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast