Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

anyone with experiece owning/operating a food truck?

just a business idea i've been looking into. seems easier than a traditional restaurant. i'm thinking sandwiches, steak/seafood with a french theme. perhaps drive to minor league baseball/d-league and collegiate softball/football games. truck and hardware couldn't be much more than a new 5-series, licensing should be trivial. since there's no rent involved, i could park it on the sidewalk during off-days. have a few chefs in mind, i wouldn't be cooking.

thoughts? i guess i'm just itching to pick up a new ride and at least with this it could make some money. i lived in paris for a month last summer and was amazed at the quality of food they were able to push out of tiny (i mean tiny!) kitchens.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No idea but events are where you make money with these. I've seen some epic food trucks at beerfest and was amazed at the quality of food they were pumping out.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it costs about $1000 to call an in-n-out truck, so i'm thinking with a decent setup and good venues, should be straightforward to net $1000/event. probably wouldn't even be that much to get started, an old truck and the cost of remodeling a kitchen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    some of these guys have alot of money into these trucks to modify them to hold the extra weight.. i know in the area around me they only allow like 3 trucks per location and it seems like not all the locations are that profitable
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    at berkeley they had food trailors parked outside school (with a truck towing to/from) but not present otherwise. that could be an option.

i'm fairly established as far as house/cars and cash flow. just looking for something to get into. what i like about this idea is that you don't have to work everyday. pick some good venues, open shop a few days a week and park it other times. that's the most common complaint i hear from restauranteurs: money's good but it's a working prison.
    Last edited by louis redfoot; 05-18-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    did some googling, spec-ing out kitchen components... i roughly estimate purchasing/remodeling an old truck and refitting it with viking-grade components, could probably put it together for 20k. or a 20k to build a trailor and then just pick up an old pickup truck to tow it. that's like a honda accord lol